Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Obama Wiretap Trump?
Yes, Obama wiretapped Trump. 170 46.07%
No, Obama did not wiretap Trump 199 53.93%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 08:24 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
^ this

You can't just get an FISA warrant to bug someone's communications. Criteria need to be met before a judge will sign off on this, and if a judge did sign off on this it means that there is significant evidence that Trump could be involved in criminal activity.
So either Trump had something to hide or there's nothing to the claim that he was bugged. Either way Trumpty Dumpty takes a fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 08:27 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If there was a wiretap that was obtained through proper channels, it IS OKAY.

And, I say that no matter who requested whatever wiretap, whenever it was requested. Forever. Until the end of the universe.

I swear, I think some posting here have a vision of Obama in his striped overalls, running around Trump Tower with his ladders and screwdrivers and drills, punching holes in the walls and running little wires throughout, while singing "Whistle While You Work".

No, Obama didn't bug Trump Tower. If it was done during his administration, it would have been done by intelligence agencies, with proper legal authority, which would have included valid reasons why such should be done for our national security. Obama might have signed off on it, and he certainly would have been kept informed - but he did not personally bug Trump Tower, and the "project" would not have originated with him.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:28 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Also, I notice that "...did not wiretap..." is extending its' lead. Maybe because people are starting to realize that the wiretapping claim is just more Trump "birther" type nonsense.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:39 AM

3 posts, read 2,808 times
Default Clapper has lied before

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Based on Clapper's outright denial and the fact that Trump's accusation appears to be based on tainted news reports..I vote No.

..And then there's this....

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAnOQko?m=en-us

He had to send a letter to the Senate saying he was sorry for it. Base nothing on what he says.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:40 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The investigation is regarding Russians hacking into our election process not specifically Trump.
The only person that has stated that Obama wiretapped Trump was Trump himself, maybe he could get Sessions, Pompeo or McMaster to clear this up.
Even his Deputy Press Secretary said, "if" it happened yesterday on the news. Repeated several variations on, "If it happened, it would be a terrible crime, worst ever, really."

In another interview, Good Morning America's George Stephanopoulos repeatedly interrupted his interview with WH Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders to debunk her "simply not true" statements."

She'd say things like, "It's in all the papers" and he'd interrupt her and say that this was "simply not true." It might have been in all the papers, but all the papers said it Trump's accusations are "simply not true."

Every time Stephanopoulos asks her if the President believes that Comey, Clapper... are not telling the truth about the wiretapping, she repeats that the "President wants the House Intelligence Committee to investigate this matter.

Then carries on like Trump has been the victim of vicious rumors and he's only asking for a fair deal.

Referenced how if Trump walked on water, the news would be all about how he couldn't swim. (Call out to all you Christians out there. )

State Department set to resume daily briefings amid questions over Tillerson

She's easier to listen to than Kellyanne Conway, I will say that.

But Trump needs to find a better grade of knights to send out in his defense.

These are just terrible.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Also, I notice that "...did not wiretap..." is extending its' lead. Maybe because people are starting to realize that the wiretapping claim is just more Trump "birther" type nonsense.
Alas, there are a lot of birther types who still believe the birther nonsense.

I wonder if you could find any sort of correlation between the two groups.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:53 AM

If his condo was bugged, it was far more likely to be bugged by the Russians (that he owes tons of money to), than Obama.

Bayrock Group is a serious bunch of investors. You think they don't want to know what Trump is really saying when he is not BSing them?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.1b27808eeb02'

Old 03-06-2017, 08:57 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Question:

Just your opinion ... do you think President Obama illegally wiretap Donald Trump and his campaign?
Yes the Obama and HRC viewed Trump as a threat to the continution of Obama. They do have a track reocord of wire tapping the press (Rosen) and use Gov. to go after Conservatives Groups (Lois Lerner IRS Fame).
Bill Clinton withLynch @ Phx . Sky Harbor.

Yes in deed the dems are digging themselves deeper.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:57 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Unlike CNN and other Leftist media outlets who have said Trump is lying without any investigative journalism or based on non-denial denials and unnamed sources, I will wait for real evidence before making a judgement. Having said that, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the accusation by Trump against the Obama Administration of spying on his campaign turns out to be true.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:00 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I swear, I think some posting here have a vision of Obama in his striped overalls, running around Trump Tower with his ladders and screwdrivers and drills, punching holes in the walls and running little wires throughout, while singing "Whistle While You Work".

No, Obama didn't bug Trump Tower. If it was done during his administration, it would have been done by intelligence agencies, with proper legal authority, which would have included valid reasons why such should be done for our national security. Obama might have signed off on it, and he certainly would have been kept informed - but he did not personally bug Trump Tower, and the "project" would not have originated with him.
As we found out this weeken Trum p Tower was bugged and the FBI could not find any russian connections, but th listning continued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies