Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 03:42 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,377,353 times

Advertisements

I need to get set straight... cuz when I see a group of women abandoning their jobs for a day to prove they deserve to be paid equal to those that don't abanodon their jobs, I get a giant question mark popping up over my head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 03:44 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,361 times
it is amazing that more women go to college and this is celebrated (ie nobody cares then to say "how do we get more men to go to college), and this STILL isn't good enough.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:14 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
There is no gender wage gap.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

oh wait, you're right

NM

Old 03-09-2017, 09:17 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
it is amazing that more women go to college and this is celebrated (ie nobody cares then to say "how do we get more men to go to college), and this STILL isn't good enough.
Because guys usually dropout and go straight to working. That's why so many men don't have their degrees while the women stay in college finish school and look for a job after college.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:57 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,643 times
Maybe they realize they may not have to march anymore and are just waiting to see Trump getting impeached. Or maybe some have lost hope unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Any of the women who are on disability, unemployment benefits or welfare should be getting less as if you can March than you can work!

Well sure you can..doesn't mean you'll get hired. I walk my dogs every day. That doesn't mean the jerks will hire me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
We accepted it a long time ago, we don't like it completely different.

It was something I think many liberals couldn't wrap their head around.
I never accepted it. I'm just making the best of it by making fun of the dummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post

But when it comes to women...I LOVE women. Women, in many ways, are much stronger than men and can do so much in this country. But the whole narrative is that if a man thinks a woman is attractive or hot, he's instantly a perv and doesn't value her mind and worth. But if a man doesn't think a woman is hot, he's misogynistic and a pig. It's a strange lose-lose situation that virtually came out of nowhere.
I agree with you in general. That's what I don't understand about my gender. I feel like a lot of them are too sensitive and I read a fake feminist blog once. I was horrified by it and it seemed to get so many comments too. I also didn't understand the outrage of what Steve Martin said about Carrie Fisher and I'm not a fan of Steve Martin either. I mean we are more likely to get raped than rape ourselves so I sorta get the first part of what you said but how many of these women were actually raped? I find myself physically unappealing and I don't like attention from random people so I'd be uncomfortable with a man checking me out so I'd rather random men just ignore me. However I'm not going to call him out on it there's no harm in looking.

However, Donald Trump is a pig. He doesn't respect people in general so it's not just his comments about women (although that might be where his disgusting comments started)
To be fair Rosie O Donnell is one too I think. That's probably the only thing I agree with Trump about. I just don't remember why.

Last edited by Nickchick; 03-09-2017 at 11:31 PM..

Old 03-10-2017, 12:32 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,147 times
I remember the attitude of my dad, grandfather, uncles...college and the professions were for girls who were unfortunate in the looks department (aka "homely") and had few marital options. Attractive girls? They get married, and college is a waste of money. You work at a job (nurse or secretary) where you meet someone and "marry well" (a doctor, lawyer, or boss) so "you won't have to work".

Ah, the "Madmen" era.

Old 03-10-2017, 12:38 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,505,717 times
A Day Without Women=YAWN. It was a failure because life went on like normal, just like when the government shut down for awhile, who noticed. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies