Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 11:23 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Didn't I say that I have mixed feelings about this?

I only said "I know ISIS needs to be destroyed."

Please don't lecture me, Thank you. I doubt you have any solutions yourself.
Why do they need to be destroyed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 11:25 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Stay out of Syria, we have nothing to gain with some dictator being replaced by some religious dictator.

And by stay out...I mean completely. No special forces, no drones, no nothing.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:26 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Then decided to address it with "Bubba". This speaks for itself.

I said NOTHING about "Bubba", might be time for your eye exam, eh?

Quote:
The response is fallacious. Because of Obama's actions the USA is threatened by ISIS. Trump now has to deal with it and unlike Obama, won't fight a never ending war to end it.
Glad you brought up "fallacious" because the bolded most certainly is.

Quote:
And as I said earlier, you prove yet again that Talk is Cheap. You say that you are against the entrenched two party system yet here you are arguing against Trump who has decided to do it differently. This also speaks for itself.
WHAT is he doing differently besides acting like a spoiled 6 year old?

And once again you fallaciously infer I support the two-party system when I've said any number of times I would've voted for your little hero had he run as an (I) with a good shot at destroying that system. Time to stop your LIES about what I support.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:27 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why do they need to be destroyed?
Dude just... no. I see some of the things you typically post and just stop right there.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:29 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,771,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
ISIS is an acronym for a country like the USA is an acronym for a country. And that country is poorly equipped compared to when we went to fight Saddam during the 1st Gulf War. If the USA can't defeat a ragtag country then it has zero business squaring off with first rate military powers like Russia and China.

Al Qaida was not and is not a country. It is an an NGO.

Okay, let me explain it like this. An NGO is the KKK. The state of Mississippi is not an an NGO.

ISIS would be the equivalent of Mississippi and any Al Qaida in it would be the equivalent of Al Qaida.

How to destroy ISIS is pretty simple. As General Mattie himself has said--the same thing I have been saying--you anihilation them. A war of anihilation vs a war of attrition.

War of attrition is what we have been fighting against Assad and what we fought against Saddam in the 1st Gulf War. In mathematics it might be looked at something like this: 100 - 40 = 60 (war of attrition) and 100 - 100 = 0 (war of anihilation).

In a war of attrition are trying to get your opponent to tap out, to come to the table to cede to your demands, for a political win.

In war of annihilation you are hoping no one survives. You end the roach infestation by killing all the roaches. No more roaches to have sex and create more babies to infest your house.
To clarify things, you are proposing to annihilate ISIS. To do that you'd have to kill every Muslim man, woman and child in this world, plus destroy every shred of their "civilization". Otherwise, another ISIS can pop up in Malaysia, etc. Do you concur?

Old 03-09-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Maybe they should but irrespective of what they would do I would kill ISIS.
WHY would you do it? At what cost in American blood and taxpayer $$$? Why not lleave the killing to those most threatened?

Quote:
Assad' forces have been fighting ISIS forces but the United States under Obama and Hillary have undermined that by attacking the forces of Assad and helping ISIS gain arms.
Fighting ISIS or fighting the forces of those who oppose him under the guise of fighting ISIS?

Old 03-09-2017, 11:37 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Fighting ISIS or fighting the forces of those who oppose him under the guise of fighting ISIS?
Both. His main fight has been with anti-Assad forces because those forces held the border area between Assad and the ISIS, thus creating a buffer. Now that the buffer has shrank, Assad forces are in more direct contact with ISIS.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:37 AM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Again, there is a reality world and a fantasy world.

This is American politics we are talking about. A quick war is better than a long one. What you two said are all good, but it will never happen.
Is that so? Didn't Cheney and W say the Iraqis would be dancing in the streets greeting our troops with flowers. Fourteen years and no revelry yet. Quick and war = oxymoron.

ISIS will never be defeated. They are stateless and regardless of how much territory they may relinquish temporarily, they will re-emerged again and again. Now that is reality.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:39 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Boooooo!

Bring our troops home!

We have ZERO business being over there.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Both. His main fight has been with anti-Assad forces because those forces held the border area between Assad and the ISIS, thus creating a buffer. Now that the buffer has shrank, Assad forces are in more direct contact with ISIS.
Then let them have at it. Why should it be our fight when other countries in the region with their own militaries face a bigger threat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies