Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2017, 03:12 PM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If that is true, it exposed the zeal to attack Trump is so intense they aren't using common sense and they stepped right into it.
"to attack Trump is so intense they aren't using common sense and they stepped right into it"

Which is what we have been saying ever since Trump 1st announced he was going to run for president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 03:14 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
TV is a ratings game
Milking the possibility that you have highly damaging tax returns. Maddow held the suspense by holding the tax returns back until after the first commercial break, as if we were watching an episode of The Bachelor and not a matter of national importance—because we weren’t, in fact, watching a matter of national importance, just a cable news show trying to set a ratings record.
Well, she proved one thing (at least to me) A lot more people care about Trump's tax returns than admit it.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:14 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"to attack Trump is so intense they aren't using common sense and they stepped right into it"

Which is what we have been saying ever since Trump 1st announced he was going to run for president.
Indeed. I think he played them like a fiddle.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It's not illegal, several Attorney's have commented that as long as she didn't solicit or participate in the theft it is her first amendment right.

Now answer my question, why hasn't Trump filed suit over the October release, does Clinton also have the right to sue over here published emails. Trump actually solicited getting more of her emails by the way, is he subject to a lawsuit?

Funny how these Fox News experts that you rely so heavily on leave out the obvious.
" several Attorney's have commented"

Well whoodi-do!

A judge did NOT put a stay on the Trump travel ban.

Most Supreme court judges have said (fill in the blanks) Hint 4 did not agree.

Gee, it is easy to post such things.

For the rest of your post, quit trying AGAIN to change the subject.

If you continue, I WILL report you for hijacking the thread.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If you think he is the leak, then he proved he is able to release his tax returns, right? So, although those 2 pages (which didn't show the details) were from his 2005 return, why not release 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, etc.? If Trump is being audited for 2015 (and we have no proof that he is) why not release 2014 or 2013? We all know he lied about the audit and is holding back something. We just don't know what it is.

In any case, I don't think Rachel Maddow was played at all. We're all talking about it, aren't we? What's interesting is that both Democrats and Republicans are criticizing someone who reported something honestly. On one blog I read comments by people who were disappointed she didn't take Trump down. However, she never said it was a scandal, did she? She never said she had any information that would prove ties to Russia or any wrongdoing, unless I missed something. What she DID do, however, was get the White House to respond even before the show was aired. So they knew exactly what information she had, yet they had refused to release any tax return information in the past.

Yes, there was a lot of hype around this story, but think about who created it. If nobody cared, it wouldn't have mattered.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Evidently you got more out of those two pages from 10 years ago than most people, but I know you're desperate for any sliver of light to prove he is honest. Rather ironic that you are echoing his honesty but we needed someone else to release the returns he promised us in 2015.
"you got more out of those two pages from 10 years ago than most people,"

MOST people can READ.

Trump paid 25% of his income in federal income taxes.

NOT the ZERO the left has been claiming for a year now.

A LOT MORE then Obama and a WHOLE LOT more then Bernie.

What is YOUR %?

Has probably paid MORE in 1 year in taxes then YOU have MADE in your entire lifetime.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
This gets better and better. Tons of you insisting that Trump hadn't paid taxes in 20 years.

[URL]//www.city-data.com/forum/elections/2654594-nyt-trump-hasnt-paid-taxes-almost.html[/URL]
I still think he's hiding something. The articles never said Trump did not pay any income tax for 20 years. Did you read your own link? Saying the NYT reported he did not pay tax for 20 years is a lie.

From the link you posted:

The Oct. 1 Times story was headlined: “Donald Trump Tax Records Show He Could Have Avoided Taxes for Nearly Two Decades, The Times Found.” The New York Times reporters wrote: “Donald J. Trump declared a $916 million loss on his 1995 income tax returns, a tax deduction so substantial it could have allowed him to legally avoid paying any federal income taxes for up to 18 years, records obtained by The New York Times show.”

Nobody had any knowledge of his tax returns, except for the one from 1995. So why did Trump say "THAT MAKES ME SMART" during a debate instead of releasing tax returns for other years? If an opponent accuses you of something and you want to prove her wrong, why not come forward with the evidence? Something doesn't smell right here.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:53 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Just like Nero while Rome burned.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:55 PM

626 posts, read 381,433 times
Quote:
I don't think they'll ever realize it

Old 03-15-2017, 04:44 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
On your tax returns, though? It's not like you get to look through his bank statements.
Think about it.

Income and liabilities, depreciation, losses, and other items need back up paperwork (otherwise known as proof) or the IRS will question you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies