Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 09:01 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,089,000 times

Advertisements

The lines are blurred with all media. Folks have a hard time discerning hard news from 'entertainment news' shows.

We really have to dig through it all to just get the facts. Good thing..with things like speeches and quotes -- we are seeing more and more live as it happens. For example, with Trump everything is in context. We don't have to rely on what the news says is the context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 09:59 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,127,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Logical fallacy.

You attempt to equate an unborn fetus which has committed no crime to that of an adult who made the decision to enter the USA illegally.

It's nonsense beyond belief.
How is this different than equating 2 rapists with all illegals?

Old 03-23-2017, 10:01 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,127,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How is that "my logic?" Are US citizen males illegal aliens? No.

THE FACT REMAINS:

If those illegal aliens had NOT been in the US, that rape would NOT have happened.
If American born rapists have NOT been born, then all those rape cases would NOT have happened.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:30 AM

59,342 posts, read 27,515,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They won't talk about it. It destroys their narrative.
But, but, but they are not biased!

I have been saying for years, It is NOT just what they report BUT, what they DON'T report.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Bill O'Reilly brought up the lack of coverage last night on FOX. He claimed that ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and MSNBC didn't cover the story during news broadcasts the night before. I took his words with a grain of salt because a) I don't know if that was factual and b) it's not "news" for one network to wag fingers at other networks in my opinion. I know narrative-based selective reporting has become the norm for more or less EVERYONE.
"it's not "news" for one network to wag fingers at other networks in my opinion."

If the other networks do it, and they DO do it all the time, is is fair game to point things out.

Besides, O'Reilly is NOT a "NEWS" program.

There is a BIG difference.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Let me ask you, where are the "Pu$$y hat women" that were so vocal just a month ago? Where is the girl with the mattress strapped to her back and all of her supporters who decried all males and their injustices perpetrated against defenseless women? Where are a whole bunch of women's rights groups? Why is there not marches being organized right now?
SILENT that's where they are. Why are the SILENT?

There are several different issues at play here, from the fact that the rape happened at all to why ADULTS were in classes with KIDS to these freakin' monsters shouldn't have been here to begin with. Fixing either of the latter would have prevented the former from ever happening to begin with.

So, do we rail about the result (rape) or, what caused the issue in the first place that was wholly preventable were it not for progressive "let 'em all in, open borders" policies?
"from the fact that the rape happened at all to why ADULTS were in classes with KIDS"

AND they are BOTH ILLEGALS" and shouldn't have been here to begin with.

Hell, they SHOULDN'T have been in the country to begin with.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:42 AM

1,378 posts, read 739,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Two men who were 18 years old and just arrived 7 months ago from Guatemala, were charged with raping a 14- year old girl in a boys bathroom at a Maryland high school.

2 Rockville High students charged with rape after brutal bathroom assault | WTOP

So the poorly rushed illegal immigration push from the democrat former president inexcusably sponsored these thugs into the U.S. The school district put these 18 year men into freshman classes. How wrong on so many levels is this flawed illegal immigration "plan"?.

Hope the family sues the school district for millions and the nation corrects this flawed immigration policy. Totally incompetency.
well apparently you can't read...

One was 17 and the other was 18...in some schools, you can be in high school until 21..meanwhile, while you are throwing your little fit about this...this white woman raped a 17 yr old...

Texas Teacher Accused of Improper Relationship With Student Smiles in Booking Photo | KTLA

Where is the post on this one? maybe ill make one.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:44 AM

14,488 posts, read 11,311,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
we should be outraged at every rape. we have plenty of American rapists in our schools and elsewhere.
So let's import some more.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:44 AM

89,311 posts, read 45,042,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
If American born rapists have NOT been born, then all those rape cases would NOT have happened.
What does that have to do with illegal aliens committing crimes in this country when they shouldn't even be here at all? Nothing. Why add more criminals and crimes by tolerating their illegal presence in the US? It's completely senseless and completely unnecessary.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:48 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,531,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I have a serious question for my liberal/dem friends on here.

I heard this morning that the national alphabet TV news outlets has given zero coverage to this incident.

I question that assertion.

I don't watch any of them so I wouldn't know.

Is t true?

I really do want to know.

Is this a national story or a local story? Did any of the news affiliates in Maryland cover this?

And as an aside, have people in Texas heard about the white man who came to New York City to kill black people? Shouldn't this be national news as well and has it been picked up by national stations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies