Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Hillary Cheated out of the Presidency thanks to Russia?
yes 100 25.13%
no 298 74.87%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 10:58 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Does not matter- either way, it's the best news America has had in a long time. If Russia helped, how can we ever thank you?!
There's always using Russian steel to build the Keystone pipeline.

Letting the FSB can buy U.S. software.

Lifting sanctions.

Oil deals.

All sorts of thank-you's in the works.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:01 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
The short answer is, "no."

The longer answer is that she was simply never a good or viable candidate. She was one of the most well-known politicians in the US, for sure, but she was also one of the most polarizing and generally disliked. She had already been rejected by the American public as president, and she had been embroiled in scandals in the meantime. She was a staunchly-establishment candidate in a staunchly-populist election. She came across as inauthentic, because she was.

Literally no one asked for her. Ever. But, here she was, and we were unable to shake her. As much as people want to blame Comey or Sanders or white people or whomever, the simple and honest fact is that Hillary lost the election for the DNC, because she was unelectable.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:03 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
my understanding is that Vlad was mad at Hillary for only selling him 20% of our uranium.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:04 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
As a Dem- the problem is that Hillary was too damaged of a candidate. People threw **** at Obama right, left and center but very little of it stuck. With Hillary there was so much of a trust deficit that half of everything uttered drew a resigned sigh. I have sat in rooms of liberals, progressive women and others who should have been majority Democratic voters where people were literally discussing why they felt they should be excited or dedicated to Hillary but were not. One 60 something liberal woman was lamenting that she really wanted a woman president but why did it have to be Hillary.

I think some of the internet trolling hurt her- as did the Comey reopening/reclosing of email gate. But she simply gave them too much to much to use against her. And she was too bull headed to head others advice. I just purchase Shattered but I know from interviews immediately after the election that Debbie Stabenow, Ed Rendell and many rank and file D volunteers/organizers were begging her to come into the Rust Belt. Stabenow in particular told her team they were going to lose votes for voting on the auto and other bailouts so they really needed to claim credit for the jobs those bailouts saved. Rendell wanted her to do more rural campaigning to lessen the victory margins he saw coming in rural Pa.

As much as I think Trump is an abomination and that Russia & fake news played a role- Hillary could have overcome that were it not for her own decisions. If it were Biden or Bernie running, I'm sure they would have atleast mobilized enough additional voters to win those 3 Rust Belt states and snuck it out in Florida to boot.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:54 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Putin selected Trump President because he knew Trump was intellectually inferior to Clinton. Putin knew he could manipulate Trump but not Clinton.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:30 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Putin selected Trump President because he knew Trump was intellectually inferior to Clinton. Putin knew he could manipulate Trump but not Clinton.
Putin "selected" Trump? Do you really believe that? I will just take that as a (poor) joke.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:51 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Was Hilary cheated out of the presidency? I don't know. What I do know is this: We were all cheated out of a decent president (whoever it would have been) because of Americans' delusion that businessmen will be successful in anything they try. For those who voted for Trump because they thought that a successful businessman would also successfully run the most powerful country in the world, the past three months have proven otherwise. Running a government is nothing at all like running a real estate empire.

Old 05-15-2017, 02:01 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,527,335 times
Never mind the worthless politicians, my greater concern is that we're just discovering now that we've been had by Putin. What else is he doing to us, that we don't even know about?

Old 07-31-2017, 06:42 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post

So Trump also won the nomination thanks to Russia? Interesting

Old 07-31-2017, 07:02 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Yes but more to the point the American people were screwed .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies