Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 10:20 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Again, trump isn't king/dictator and can't pass such a thing on his own even if he wants that with the majority of rep's in the house and senate now. No way would medicare for all pass in congress. And in a perfect world with a non corrupt system with no donors, sure, I'd trust gov to run such a thing. But then reality tells me not to trust gov to do anything these days given the obvious ineptness they handle even the most basic things.

We'll see what the donors want and that's what we'll get.
Yes it would. Dems would be on board. As woul moderate republicans. He basically pitched universal healthcare in his campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 10:21 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Of course medicare for all wouldn't pass because of republicans. Medicare takes wonderful care of seniors.
But medicare is the only way everyone will get healthcare. Anything else like Ryan's plan is just BS
Take a look at how our "wonderful" healthcare system including medicare rates on outcomes and cost vs the rest of the industrialized world on just about all metrics. Countless studies out there for you to google. It's pathetic. Truly we are last/near the last on so many metrics. If you truly think it's a "wonderful" system, I'll remain stunned but not surprised really given how many people are so naive about the topic but marketing is an amazing thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Are u denying what he publicly stated today's? It is obvious. The Aca is a work in progress no doubt. But what has the other side of the aisle offered? Seven years and still waiting. They passed tons of bills to repeal it and we're vetoed. Now without the threat of veto we get crickets chirping. That is what you should question.
Trump is a negotiator. It's why he's a billionaire/successful business man and you and I are here typing into virtual nothing.

With that said, I think I know the game he's playing/it's rather obvious if one dives down a bit.....he's saying it's up to you clowns to get your act together, I'm not babying you anymore/covering, produce or get possibly voted out next election cycle. Either put up or shut up. Like any person in life, they will string out something if they think someone is going to leave one with a long leash. Trump just gave a short leash. That's how the real world of business works....produce or let's move on, no games. Works for me in that if the current batch of clowns can't figure this out/let their donors lead them by the nose, they should be left to get voted out. Remember, again, it's a bought off system with tons of money from health care coming into both parties. Look up the numbers and you'll get your answers why things are the way they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Yes it would. Dems would be on board. As woul moderate republicans. He basically pitched universal healthcare in his campaign.
Ha, yeah, dems would be on board. That sure makes it all valid/a good plan, ha!

Old 03-23-2017, 10:22 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
As a Trump voter, I'm infuriated.

This was one of, if not the, signature issue of his campaign. If he demands this crap bill be pushed through, the conservatives that brought him to the dance are gone.

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
This is why healthcare couldn't be reformed pre-Obamacare in the first place. It's a shyeetstorm. Everybody wants something different and no one is willing to compromise. Ask Hillary Clinton. Heh.

That's why it was a major miracle when Obama managed to get his legislation through. And he had to go to extremes to do it.

Add this political idealouge-driven atmosphere where compromise is a dirty word and this is what you get.

My question is how did Paul Ryan not see that? It was obvious to John Boehner, who smirked and knowingly said Republicans never agree on healthcare.

Should have done tax reform first. Would have immediately gotten every Republican and some Democrats on board, in a quick, easy win for the new administration.

Guarantee Trump will never listen to Paul Ryan again after this.

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
?????? Actually, I like single-payer the best. But I think medicare-for-all is an acceptable compromise. And have always voted that way.

Single payer and medicare for all is the same thing. This is why people need to educate themselves before voting.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:24 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
They just need to stop trying to repeal and replace it. Fix what is already there, that is if it can be fixed.
There is some good things in there and some bad. Work on fixing the bad and make it more affordable for people. No one should have to chose between putting a roof over their head or healthcare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
He is not quitting. He's negotiating. If they don't pass it they will be left with Obamacare and saddle the GOP with a Yuge slap in the face. He knows exactly what he's doing. He is walking away from the table. Any good poker player knows when to do that.
I'm thinking this too. Almost like a bluff. Think about it. He released his healthcare thing on March 6...but yet on March 13 he was meeting in the Roosevelt Room with healthcare professionals. I think he has something else in the works if he is still meeting with people within the healthcare profession.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:24 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Where were you when obama proposed medicare for all. Republicans overwhelming opposed this. So this is why we have obamacare now. At least Obama tried against so much opposition. And Obama was able to get over 2 million insurance who didn't have it. But the answer is medicare for all. So why don't you ask your congressman why he is opposed to this.
They opposed everything Obama did, because, Obama.

Did you know that we are spending approximately 30% of our healthcare dollars on administrative overhead including insurance company profits? Doctor's pay is about 9%.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:26 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
There is some good things in there and some bad. Work on fixing the bad and make it more affordable for people. No one should have to chose between putting a roof over their head or healthcare.

I'm thinking this too. Almost like a bluff. Think about it. He released his healthcare thing on March 6...but yet on March 13 he was meeting in the Roosevelt Room with healthcare professionals. I think he has something else in the works if he is still meeting with people within the healthcare profession.
Trump has nothing else in the works. Spicer already said that today.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:27 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The government is not a RE development company.
If the vote fails and Trump moves on, the GOP coalition falls apart. The GOP in Congress are only supporting Trump to try to get their agenda through. They don't like or respect him any more than anyone else.
If he craps out on their agenda, there will be defections in all directions, and they will stop putting up with his personal madness. There will be factions everywhere and no more united front. The WH chaos will spread throughout Congress.
Will have lasted all of two months and back to Boehnerville.
Public support for the latest iteration of Trumpcare is at 17%

Trump's approval rating is at 37%

What possible motivation would any Republican have to do as the orange one insists and vote for this bill? He has no coattails and their constituents hate the bill. They are going to twist in the wind no matter what they do..

Sweet, sweet schadenfreude

Old 03-23-2017, 10:28 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
[/b]

Single payer and medicare for all is the same thing. This is why people need to educate themselves before voting.
How do people not know this????

Man, maybe Obama would have been able to pass it if he'd just called it "Medicare for everyone ". People would have called their congressman and demanded it instead of protesting the big scary, gubmint healthcare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies