Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2017, 04:09 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Completely agree. And imagine how jobs might open up and new businesses started if healthcare were out of the equation. How many people stay at a job for longer than they would choose if it weren't for fear of losing their healthcare? And how many people have ideas for a new business but hesitate because they don't want to lose their healthcare?
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 04:09 PM

754 posts, read 486,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Well, there is talk that this is it for Health Care legislation in this Congress, so it sounds like it won't be touched again until 2018.
It wont be touched again till after the summer recess, they've got a busy schedule between now and august.

Remember neither Obamacare and Dodd Frank were passed in Obamas first year they were passed in his second year.

Behind the scenes I suspect the GOP will working long term on how to repeal and replace Obamacare and try again next year with a better crafted bill.

2018 will likely be their last chance though as the democrats will make inroads into the gop majorities at the mid terms, possibly taking back the house.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:10 PM

1,147 posts, read 718,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Well, I find that subjects in other countries aren't up to the task to discuss topics like liberty and freedom. After all, they are not free people, they are subjects to their country.
You're not freer in America. Another illusion sold to you by your elites.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:11 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Completely agree. And imagine how jobs might open up and new businesses started if healthcare were out of the equation. How many people stay at a job for longer than they would choose if it weren't for fear of losing their healthcare? And how many people have ideas for a new business but hesitate because they don't want to lose their healthcare?

Whether people want to open a B&B or restaurant or the next start-up, health care is a huge issue.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:12 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
The Republicans had years to fix it but all they did was stupid, useless votes to repeal it. They were nothing but obstructionists and proud of it.

You reap what you sow.

And, then some.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:13 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
The typical liberal big-govt response: Give government more power, authority, and tax money.

Here's a better idea:

Let's cut the crap and get government out of health care.
Well then, you have to get the insurance and pharmaceutical lobbies out of government.

Not having price controls on prescription drugs that people have to buy to stay alive is immoral and disgusting. We are the only country that pays these exorbitant prices. You thing that is a good thing? So a-hole hedge fund managers can basically bankrupt or kill people? Sorry--but you are wrong.

And insurance companies have way too much power. When you are dealing with the life and death and people's health, free f*cking enterprise does not work. There is no free market choice in healthcare.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:13 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I was just reading something about that.

How exactly would it work?

It would certainly solve a lot of problems.
LOL!

government solving problems.

Here is a great Ronoldus Magnus quote for you:

"One of the scariest things a person can here is 'we are from the government and we are here to help'"

Old 03-24-2017, 04:14 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post
You're not freer in America. Another illusion sold to you by your elites.
exactly where would you be more free? some Scandinavian country where getting on facebook and explaining what muslim immigrants are doing can get you tossed in jail?

4,344 posts, read 5,799,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Out of curiosity, how large is the metro area where you live? With only 2 providers, I have to assume it is fairly small. And with only 2 available, you might have difficulty in finding providers regardless of the type of health insurance that you might have.

I have had absolutely no problems with Medicare or finding providers that take it. OTOH, I live in a larger metro area with many providers available, a medical school (and its huge complex) located conveniently close, etc.

Perhaps its more of a geographic (rural) problem than anything else?
We live between 2 major cities both 30-45 min (could be longer if traffic is horrible through town) away which includes the military base. The office we go to is 1 of 2 Dr offices here. It's the harder one to get into because some providers accept certain insurances and once they are full, they are full. In a week the Dr we see was at capacity.

The sad part is our friend who have had issues just today alone live on the military base or in a town right next to it.

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
A $20 reimbursement for a doctor's appointment is not true at all. In fact, its a fabrication.

I have been om Medicare for 7 years and know exactly how much Medicare pays my doctors for an appointment and it is far more than $20.

Medicare pays directly (and so do Medigaps) and it does not take months. Advantage plans are a different story. Many of them are very good, others can be blatant ripoffs. You do not have to sign up for an Advantage plan in Medicare, you can sign up for a Medigap if you choose (you do understand how Medigaps work, don't you?).
You are a medicare child then, talk to me after 17 years and after you've spent a ton of time talking to doctors from different states in the nation.
Let's talk apples to apples. Under new/recent regulations there's a minimum amount of time a doctor HAS to spend with the patient which I listed and the fee (in the area my doctor friend lives in) reimburses at the rate I gave +/- a few bucks.
Next, Medigap plans cost significantly more than Advantage plans, that much is plain and simple. So yes, I understand what Medigap is but refuse to pay the exorbitant rate for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies