Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 12:11 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,071,861 times

Advertisements

President Trump says so.....that's scary stuff

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 12:41 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Actually, I had heard that long before the election, and not from trump.
1. Premiums for many people rose by 25 to 100 per cent.
2. Insurance companies are bailing out of the system.
3. I have yet to hear of anybody who saved $2500 on their insurance as a certain person promised.
4. I have heard of many people who had to find a different health care provider, in spite of what a certain person promised.
5. In spite of promises, not everybody is insured, even yet.

While it is too early to call the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act a failure, it is heading in that direction, it would appear; and it is still the Double Lie: It does not protect patients, and it is not affordable!

Old 03-25-2017, 12:45 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
3. I have yet to hear of anybody who saved $2500 on their insurance as a certain person promised.
4. I have heard of many people who had to find a different health care provider, in spite of what a certain person promised.

While it is too early to call the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act a failure, it is heading in that direction, it would appear; and it is still the Double Lie: It does not protect patients, and it is not affordable!
Many of us bipartisan moderates have been saying that for years. I was warning it would implode back in 2010. It's not too early as it is proving to be unsustainable at the trajectory it's going.

If something is too good to be true, it is probably a lie. Last count Obama lied at least 40 times about it.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:48 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:

How about the healthcare plan that went down the tubes yesterday with premiums going up 12,000 per cent for the 60+ crowd?

Old 03-25-2017, 12:49 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
I never heard so many people complain about their health insurance until they had something other than the health insurance companies to blame it on. It was supposed to blow up seven years ago already.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:56 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:

Premiums were rising before the ACA. They rose every year like clockwork.

Millions more people are insured now than pre-ACA. TrumpCare would have reversed that trend.

The ACA has a lot in it that is about the protection of patients. Look up something called the Essential Health Benefits. You should have no trouble finding them, since taking those away from Americans was the carrot that Trump and Ryan attempted to use to get the Freedom Caucus to get on board.

Frankly, I'm surprised the Freedom Caucus didn't go for it. Screwing over Americans is what that group lives for.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:01 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Frankly, I'm surprised the Freedom Caucus didn't go for it. Screwing over Americans is what that group lives for.
Apparently you were proven wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I never heard so many people complain about their health insurance until they had something other than the health insurance companies to blame it on. It was supposed to blow up seven years ago already.
No, it was suppose to blow up after 10 years, so it's right on schedule. Many of us were saying the REAL sht wouldn't hit the fan until 2017 when Obama was out of office... and, here we are. It's nice to be right, but in this case... it's tragic.

Last edited by steven_h; 03-25-2017 at 01:13 PM..

Old 03-25-2017, 01:01 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
How about the healthcare plan that went down the tubes yesterday with premiums going up 12,000 per cent for the 60+ crowd?
Good point. This is what premiums looks like as a p% of income for a 60 year old making $20,000. Obamacare vs. Trumpcare. (Source: https://t.co/QrWq0W30Xz)

Old 03-25-2017, 01:02 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Some of these implosion posts are so silly and over the top , it is hard to tell if they are mocking the rightwing , or actually just low information Rightwing supporters. Trumpers etc..

CBO says OP is wrong. There you go. A group led by the republicans says Obamacare will not implode, explode etc.
https://www.cbo.gov/

i know you wont actually read through that, because it requires a little effort , to parse and understand, so here is an easy simplified version to reduce the workload..

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...implosion-ahca

Old 03-25-2017, 01:04 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
For as long as there was an Obamacare, the right-wing has been predicting its demise. This was written in 2014: Obamacare Fails to Fail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies