Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2017, 01:53 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
We would have been better off if Obama had. Trump wouldn't have near the mess to clean up.
Mess? Like the Dow dropping under 8,000 points, banks closing, a record number of foreclosures, the auto industry collapsing, double-digit unemployment....

When I heard Trump talk about "the mess" he inherited, I had to roll my eyes and laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 01:55 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Everything Trump does affects everyone's life here in the U.S. And no, he does not get a pass just because you want him to. He will be accountable for his own words, just like we all are.

I know holding Trump to all of the inane things he has said in the past, as well as the many, many documented lies, is tough for the cult, but you'll just have to suck it up.
I disagree. I didn't care about 99% of the s*** Obama did or said, and I have approached Trump's presidency the same way. The big difference for me is that the one percent of the time that Obama did or said something that actually mattered to me, I typically didn't approve of it. With Trump it's been the exact opposite. (for me)

I would certainly hate to live in your world brother

Old 03-26-2017, 01:58 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
So, to recap, the fact that Trump is on track to spend way more time than Obama ever did golfing is immaterial to you.
I don't know that that's true. I do know that Obama went golfing plenty, and at times when he should have been around D.C.
Quote:
Just so we're all clear where you stand, nonsenseguy:

Obama golfing=BAD!
Trump golfing (waaay more than Obama ever did)=GOOD!

Behold the inner workings of the cult mind.
Trump works harder. Obama accomplished nothing in eight years, but he sure mad a helluva mess.

Do you have a camera on Trump or something? Do you know what he does with his time? Are you following him around? We're told he's a "workaholic," so I think he's entitled to go to Mar-a Lago on the weekends, and play golf when he wants to relax.

I saw a lot of photos of Barack Obama over the last eight years with his feet up on the desk in the Oval Office with his hands behind his head. I'm quite sure he didn't work anywhere near as hard as Trump does.

Your hatred of Trump is irrational.

Old 03-26-2017, 02:01 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Mess? Like the Dow dropping under 8,000 points, banks closing, a record number of foreclosures, the auto industry collapsing, double-digit unemployment....
Are you serious? Trump caused this in less than 70 days? Actually the opposite is true. Where the hell have you been? What are you smoking?

Old 03-26-2017, 02:02 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,769,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
13 times in 9 weeks.... 50 more and he'd have a slight chance of catching Obama

Anti Trumpers have plenty of things to complain about, but golfing really isn't one of them. Trump is working harder than Obama. Period.
No, he is not working hard as evidenced by the recent healthcare bill failure. He failed to study the nitty gritty policy aspects of the bill. He didn't work hard enough to unite the Republicans in Congress to pass the bill.

As we're often told by Republicans in this forum, the GOP won everything, they control everything. They don't "need" the Democrats cooperation to pass a bill. The "Freedom Caucus" is the obstructionist group in the Congress. They have SAFE congressional districts so they don't need to back Trump.

These weekend trips need to stop. The taxpayers cannot keep footing the bill for his lifestyle. Trump needs to do better than Obama. He needs to lead by example.

Old 03-26-2017, 02:08 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
I don't know that that's true. .
Well, here, let me Google that for you:

How Much Do Presidents Spend On Travel? Trump vs. Obama

Quote:
Trump works harder. Obama accomplished nothing in eight years, but he sure mad a helluva mess.

Do you have a camera on Trump or something? Do you know what he does with his time? Are you following him around? We're told he's a "workaholic," so I think he's entitled to go to Mar-a Lago on the weekends, and play golf when he wants to relax.
LOL! Who told you Trump is a workaholic? Trump? Because the word from the inside is that he's lazy and unfocused and can't be bothered to actually spend any time on real work. Republicans in the House complained that it was obvious he hadn't even read the healthcare bill he was trying to foist on the country. And then he spends all of a week on it, and gives up because it's too hard.

He's not a workaholic, he's a golfaholic. And a hypocrite.

Old 03-26-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
We would have been better off if Obama had. Trump wouldn't have near the mess to clean up.

When I heard Trump talk about "the mess" he inherited, I had to roll my eyes and laugh.

Quote:
Are you serious? Trump caused this in less than 70 days? Actually the opposite is true. Where the hell have you been? What are you smoking?
Um, I was talking about 2008. What are you smoking?

Old 03-26-2017, 02:22 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,907,598 times
Quote:
Well, here, let me Google that for you:

How Much Do Presidents Spend On Travel? Trump vs. Obama

LOL! Who told you Trump is a workaholic? Trump? Because the word from the inside is that he's lazy and unfocused and can't be bothered to actually spend any time on real work. Republicans in the House complained that it was obvious he hadn't even read the healthcare bill he was trying to foist on the country. And then he spends all of a week on it, and gives up because it's too hard.

He's not a workaholic, he's a golfaholic. And a hypocrite.
It's not only that he's lazy; he has no intellectual curiosity. Doesn't learn how Congress works, doesn't care what's in (or out) of tRUMPcare bill.

It's like he ran for the 'title' and thinks that's it...nothing more to do than play golf.

Old 03-26-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
It's not only that he's lazy; he has no intellectual curiosity. Doesn't learn how Congress works, doesn't care what's in (or out) of tRUMPcare bill.

It's like he ran for the 'title' and thinks that's it...nothing more to do than play golf.
What really gave me chills is when Trump said "we learned a lot about loyalty."

The first thing I thought when I saw/heard him was "your loyalty is to the American people!" He thinks it's all about him.

Old 03-26-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

No, we just like his lies better than Shrillary's, remember her?
I was hoping we could get through one thread about the President without someone comparing him to Hillary Clinton. (who, by the way, was never POTUS)

I guess I should lower my expectations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies