Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2017, 08:09 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times

Advertisements

I took no issue with Obama golfing, and I have no problem with Trump doing the same.

I imagine the presidency is a stressful job and one needs to keep his/her sanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 09:27 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Obama got his first bill passed through the House on January 28, 2009 (American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009), a mere eight days after he took office. His second one was on January 29th (Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009). Then, on February 4th he signed into law The State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). That was all accomplished within the first three weeks he was in office.

Meanwhile, Trump's very first attempt was an abject failure. He has a long, long way to go to catch up to his predecessor.
At that time everyone was riding on the Hope & Change and President Obama the Rock Star! How are the GOP and Dems treating President Trump.......seems to me any one who rejected President Obama's polices were racist.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:32 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I took no issue with Obama golfing, and I have no problem with Trump doing the same.

I imagine the presidency is a stressful job and one needs to keep his/her sanity.
That is true, however Trump is someone who took issue with Obama's golfing and is doing so himself at twice the rate Obama did.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:24 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
That is true, however Trump is someone who took issue with Obama's golfing and is doing so himself at twice the rate Obama did.
Hypocrisy is rampant amongst politicians of all persuasions. Best not be distracted by the little things.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:29 PM

778 posts, read 339,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Why does no one on the right think this is entirely unacceptable, especially considering how much Obama got attacked for going on occasion?

To make matters worse, these are on Trump owned golf courses, so tax payers are paying him for these outings.
Tax payers paid for every golf game Obama played during his tenure. What was that? We know he reached his 200th round on October 13 of 2014, so in excess of 200 rounds. Bush was excoriated for golfing and had a rousing total of 24 rounds of golf during his 8 years in office.

Is a golfing president really important when we have continuing wars around the globe? Vets dying on waiting lists to see doctors? Illegals committing crimes and accessing resources that are meant for US Citizens? Millions of people without jobs? An ever increasing debt? Taxation out the wazzoo? More and more people getting on the welfare wagon?

Who gives a flying flip who is playing golf. If they can get the jobs listed above done, then good on them and I don't care if they play 6000 rounds of golf!

Old 03-28-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
In before the inevitable--but, but, but, Obama...blah, blah, blah.

One would think the fiscal conservatives would have something to say about the inordinate amount of taxpayer money the president is squandering on a weekly basis.

LOL! Yeah, I jest. As if there really is such a thing as a "fiscal conservative."

Start a tab for him and deduct it from the $400K salary he isn't taking.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:34 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Tax payers paid for every golf game Obama played during his tenure. What was that? We know he reached his 200th round on October 13 of 2014, so in excess of 200 rounds. Bush was excoriated for golfing and had a rousing total of 24 rounds of golf during his 8 years in office.

Is a golfing president really important when we have continuing wars around the globe? Vets dying on waiting lists to see doctors? Illegals committing crimes and accessing resources that are meant for US Citizens? Millions of people without jobs? An ever increasing debt? Taxation out the wazzoo? More and more people getting on the welfare wagon?

Who gives a flying flip who is playing golf. If they can get the jobs listed above done, then good on them and I don't care if they play 6000 rounds of golf!
To use your words, trump excoriated Obama for playing too much golf. He promised he would not do that. There in lies the rub.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
To use your words, trump excoriated Obama for playing too much golf. He promised he would not do that. There in lies the rub.
I didn't vote for Trump either. I did want the original Obama as the President, why would I vote in the paler, oranger version!

Old 03-28-2017, 06:53 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Start a tab for him and deduct it from the $400K salary he isn't taking.
Whelp. Considering that the flight restrictions already cost one airport a $400,000 contract, his salary "tab" is already spent.

Quote:
AOPA also is continuing to press for operations to be allowed to resume at the airport, where the economic toll now includes at least one flight training contract worth $400,000 being lost as the contractor relocated the operation to an airport in Alabama, Hedges said.
So by your logic, he should stay at the WH, yea?

Old 03-29-2017, 03:25 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post

But,but,but it's ok for donald....he said so.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies