Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 02:45 PM

8,420 posts, read 7,422,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
most of the above is the result of 9 trillion in additional debt, political manipulation and interest rates at 5000 year lows -- none of which would be needed in a healthy economy. bubbles are everywhere and demand has been pushed forward. virtually everything is manipulated and you either believe math or you believe govt. statistics. that increase in pay - offset by inflation. that house price increase - offset by housing price increases plus higher real estate taxes. that 401k increase - enjoy it while you have it and you better hope a lot of it isn't in govt. bonds. for every one of you there are two not so fortunate in terms of employment or savings - if we are to believe your reporting. 60% of Americans have virtually no savings - none.
This tells me that you are confusing government debt with economic performance. And with government conspiricy theories. I particularly liked the "interest rates at 5000 year lows".

Yes, I have done better than inflation - either I'm lucky or you need me NOT to be better off financially.

Quote:
since everything is so great you should have no problem with the FED raising rates to historical norms of around 5.5%.
Actually, I have no problem with the Fed raising interest rates slowly to around 5.5%. And if inflation kicks off due to a possible Trump economic bubble, the Fed will probably need to raise rates that high.

In fact, I'd love it if the Republicans could RAISE taxes on those who can afford it (including me), cut or hold spending, reduce and then eliminate the budget deficit, and then start paying down the national debt. You know, sort of like it was headed in 2000, before the Republicans fouled it all up.

You can keep spreading the fertilizer, but it's not going to make your astro-turf any greener.

Maybe if you tried green paint?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 02:55 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,216,976 times
Quote:
This tells me that you are confusing government debt with economic performance. And with government conspiricy theories. I particularly liked the "interest rates at 5000 year lows".
Interest Rates:

Chart: 5,000 years of interest rates history - Business Insider

Anything else? No confusion here.

Old 03-27-2017, 02:58 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
take time to learn the truth. red pill time.
yet after a whole bunch of posts and requests for you to back up you outlandish claims, you still have nothing.

Bit like Trump really, all bluster no substance. You still have provided nothing , no proof .

Old 03-27-2017, 03:03 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
In fact, I'd love it if the Republicans could RAISE taxes on those who can afford it (including me), cut or hold spending, reduce and then eliminate the budget deficit, and then start paying down the national debt. You know, sort of like it was headed in 2000, before the Republicans fouled it all up.
Things were going good there for a while, weren't they?

Going well again. Time to start paying down that national debt.

Old 03-27-2017, 03:03 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,216,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
yet after a whole bunch of posts and requests for you to back up you outlandish claims, you still have nothing.

Bit like Trump really, all bluster no substance. You still have provided nothing , no proof .
huh?

Old 03-27-2017, 03:58 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Why shouldn't interest rates be low? There is low inflation and the economy is not overheating.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:02 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
Let me get this right.

If the economy fails its all on Trump, but if GDP growth and wage growth go above 3% before 2020, its due Obama?

Please.
I see no evidence of 3% growth in wage or GDP.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:12 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
hard luck matey, the numbers all say you are wrong. you can cry out and rage if you like. But HISTORY has already been written.

OBAMA, not bush nor TRUMP Just presided over the biggest recovery in our modern history. Sorry to burst your "bubble".
What? It was one of the weakest (economic) recoveries since WW II.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:30 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times
Quote:
most of the above is the result of 9 trillion in additional debt, political manipulation and interest rates at 5000 year lows -- none of which would be needed in a healthy economy. bubbles are everywhere and demand has been pushed forward. virtually everything is manipulated and you either believe math or you believe govt. statistics. that increase in pay - offset by inflation. that house price increase - offset by housing price increases plus higher real estate taxes. that 401k increase - enjoy it while you have it and you better hope a lot of it isn't in govt. bonds. for every one of you there are two not so fortunate in terms of employment or savings - if we are to believe your reporting. 60% of Americans have virtually no savings - none.

since everything is so great you should have no problem with the FED raising rates to historical norms of around 5.5%.
I know you are imitating somebody but you don't do hyperbole well.

Interest rates at 5000 year low?

Where do you get your info? Is it radio or TV?

Old 03-27-2017, 05:36 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:

WHO OWNS THE DEBT illtake? who holds it, when you figure that out you will also figure out why most wealthy and smart investors are not nearly as worried as you seem to be.

I would add, that you need only look at global hard asset prices to understand what has happened. and why it both matters and does not , depending on where you are standing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies