Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2017, 05:15 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Be reasonable here, Pedro. This was not going to happen overnight, it is not like The Apprentice, where someone gets fired at the end of each show. It is going to take time.

The GOP, and others who want him out, realize there are a lot of people (like you) who actually like the guy, and to just start proceedings without you being on board would cause a lot of problems. They have to let things take their course and do it the right way.

But, have patience, he digs his hole deeper a little more every day and puts a few more nails in his coffin, all by himself. Everything has it's breaking point, and he will be his own downfall.
Look Don, I know from your posts that you are no Trump fan. And hey, that's absolutely your right as a free citizen of the United States of America. Hell, I'm not even 100% with the man all the time. For instance, I am one of the people out there that wish he would occasionally not "tweet" about certain things. However, with that being said, I just don't understand the idea a lot of you have that Trump will be pushed out of office. You say things like "he digs his hole deeper every day" and "nails in his coffin" but the bottom line is, for every one of you who hate him, there's someone who likes him. The same was true with President Obama. Some people liked him and his policies, and some people hated him. And no, it wasn't just racists who had a problem with Obama's leadership, just as I'm sure it's not just Hispanics and black people who have a problem with Trump. My point is, the only thing different from December 1, 2016 and December 1, 2017 is a different man is alternately loved and hated in the White House. This is nothing new, and that's why I don't understand your thinking that your dislike is mirrored by enough people to force the President to either quit or be impeached. I'm sorry man, but you folks are just going to have to accept that this man is your president for a few more years. If you don't like, you better make damn sure you come out swinging with a decent candidate in 2020. Or he just might win again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 05:28 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,749,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. And starting to look a little shakey now.

Nixon took 2 years.
Only difference is there was evidence.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:33 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,749,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I've put up money saying he will not serve 1 entire term. At the moment that is looking like a good bet.
I hope you're not putting your entire life savings on the line. What if there's a possibility that Trump will win a second term?

Old 12-01-2017, 05:33 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Liberals wanted Trump gone "yesterday."....

Old 12-01-2017, 05:34 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
He was in office before it became acceptable to destroy evidence.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:38 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,071,077 times
Quote:
Why would it make any logical sense to assume there is no evidence? If that were true, why have there been 4 people charged, 2 guilty pleas, upcoming testimony that indicts at least Kushner and possibly Trump/Pence, and an investigation that continues to hum right along despite months of Trump supporters repeatedly saying there was nothing to find? To claim there is no evidence is some world-class, head-in-the-sand, living-under-a-rock denial.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:41 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post

Watergate took 2 years.

They are going to make sure ALL their ducks are in a row before they try to impeach Trump. He isn't stupid he'll resign his fat arse will find a way out before anything really bad happens to him.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:43 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
They are going to make sure ALL their ducks are in a row before they try to impeach Trump. He isn't stupid he'll resign his fat arse will find a way out before anything really bad happens to him.
Impeach him for what exactly?

Old 12-01-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
I hope you're not putting your entire life savings on the line. What if there's a possibility that Trump will win a second term?
I guess never say never, but we just had an election in which minorities of all kinds soundly defeated long-term Republicans for a myriad of positions. That was the first sign that things have changed since last year. Trump's support has fallen in every single state in the country, most by double-digits, since the election. The news that he's a degree or two away from people being charged in this investigation is hardly a good look. Even if he makes it to 2020, and that's an increasingly big IF, there doesn't seem to be any way he can win with his tanked approvals and possibly one of the biggest presidential scandals of all time hanging over his head.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Impeach him for what exactly?
I think we're going to find out soon enough. That said, Republicans have no actual integrity, so even if there's overwhelming evidence of collusion- treason- the chances that they actually do anything about it are probably not very high. Of course, if they do nothing about it, they can kiss 2018 and 2020 goodbye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies