Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2017, 03:47 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So far this year 450 bombs.But we should count the last one as a bunch more than just one right?

In 2016, the United States dropped 26,171 bombs.

If Trump is going to step up the game from last year -- he will have to increase the pace.

Did you all know we dropped that many bombs last year.
No need to pick up the pace by dropping more bombs.

Drop them when and where it counts, fewer bombs needed.

Remember when obama would warn isis of pending bombing raids?

So Obama drops leaflets to let civilian oil truck drivers know they are going to drop bombs. The civilian drivers go to their isis handlers and say, 'i have a headache, can't drive tonight'. Isis handler says, no problem, We will murder your family if you don't drive tonight"

Or

Wink, wink, obama will drop bombs at this place and time....okay let's change up the schedule.

We have gone from a partner of ISIS in Obama to a serious leader who does not telegraph his punches or draw invisible red lines. No longer are bombs dropped for theatrics, Trump is kicking ace.

Remember when josh earnest told us the world is a more tranquil place because of obama's policies??

Old 04-13-2017, 03:53 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
We had far more powerful. Moab is a firecracker in comparison to this. And this particular shell is a pin prick to what the developed in the 1950s & 1960s.

Truman, LBJ, & Kennedy were too scared to use them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT5jo7aZzTw
key idea here is 'non nuclear'

your video of a nuclear artillery shell, while very cool, ain't really what he was getting at

Old 04-13-2017, 03:53 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
No need to pick up the pace by dropping more bombs.

Drop them when and where it counts, fewer bombs needed.

Remember when obama would warn isis of pending bombing raids?

So Obama drops leaflets to let civilian oil truck drivers know they are going to drop bombs. The civilian drivers go to their isis handlers and say, 'i have a headache, can't drive tonight'. Isis handler says, no problem, We will murder your family if you don't drive tonight"

Or

Wink, wink, obama will drop bombs at this place and time....okay let's change up the schedule.

We have gone from a partner of ISIS in Obama to a serious leader who does not telegraph his punches or draw invisible red lines. No longer are bombs dropped for theatrics, Trump is kicking ace.

Remember when josh earnest told us the world is a more tranquil place because of obama's policies??

We are invaders in their country, what exactly did they do to us?

Old 04-13-2017, 03:56 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,795 times
It makes me wonder why prior Presidents (both Bush and Obama) sat on this stuff. Didn't Bin Laden escape when he was in Afghan tunnels. A few MOAB's could have been effective. Living in caves should not be a solution for terrorists to hide from the U.S.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:01 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,303 times
Many will applaud this, but the MOAB has killed a lot more civilians than ISIS fighters. Further Daesh in Afghanistan =/= Daesh in Iraq/Syria. They're a small splinter group of the Taliban that broke off because they were disgruntled and most of their top leadership has been killed in drone strikes.

I just don't see a lot of benefit to dropping this bomb from any perspective. A lot of innocent people died today and those innocent people have long extended families whom may have been civilians before but may very well turn in to combatants now.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:13 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Stop this recruiting nonsense. Who recruited the 9/11 hijackers? We were not in Iraq, or Afghanistan and there was no Gitmo or Abu Graib. There's always something to get excited about.
ISIS and Al Qaeda are not countries. They have infiltrated many areas of the Middle East.

By the way, we've been involved in that region for a long time, well before 9/11. You've heard of the Gulf War, right? Actually, we had American troops in Iran in WWII, but I'm not going to post about decades of U.S. involvement in that region.

Why do you think there were 63 American hostages held in Iran? It wasn't because the students felt like kidnapping American citizens, it was because we sided with the Shah. I'm not sure how old you are, but I remember seeing the Ayatollah Khomeini speaking out against the U.S. and his followers burning the American flag while hanging Jimmy Carter in effigy and chanting death to America.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:17 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
This was my favorite line of the campaign--
"I would bomb the s*** out of 'em!"
-Trump on ISIS, 2015.
You can't bomb an idea.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:18 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
I think it is pretty simple so far as arabs and muslims go. Either we kill them or they will kill us. Kind of the same with the fat boy in N Korea. Trump just missed his chance to use another moabs to solve the Korea problem.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:19 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I believe Trump is letting his military personnel who are involved call the shots - and trusting their judgment.

In other words, he is governing and allowing people to do their job.
Then again, he said he knew more than all the generals, during his campaign.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:20 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I think it is pretty simple so far as arabs and muslims go. Either we kill them or they will kill us. Kind of the same with the fat boy in N Korea. Trump just missed his chance to use another moabs to solve the Korea problem.
You advocating killing the 1.6 billion Muslims on this planet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies