Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 06:33 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
....ohhh look a trump cult member.
Wrong denier. Didn't vote for him and don't support him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 06:51 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
"Now, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is expected during a Feb. 10 planned visit to the White House to announce even more job investment in America – to the tune of $450 billion worth."

lol

I see 3 (three) right wing sites coughing up the exact same article like this just happened.

Start living in the now janelle.

I swear to God Trump strapped on some folks blinders backwards sometimes.
I'm curious to hear what your idea of "forward" is..

Newsflash we are 20 Trillion dollars in national debt. 9 Trillion of that is from Obama's administration.

The results from all that spending is the same consumer-based, healthcare economy which has it's foundation of success on a fiat currency being printed to pay bills.. add to that artificially low interest rates.. massive unemployment/underemployment.

I actually find it quite fun tearing apart the "forward" thinking... so please feel free to explain

Old 04-15-2017, 06:56 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
I did , when I was five my parents took me to the circus and Trump looks a lot like the clowns that were there .
Except that those clowns were funny, not dangerous !

Old 04-16-2017, 07:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
LOL, and in other news ...Mary had a little lamb whose fleece was white as snow and everywhere Mary went the lamb was sure to go.Film at eleven.
Well, if Mary gave birth to that little lamb, then it really would be news! (and probably be reported on "ALT DRUDGE")

Old 04-16-2017, 08:09 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
What does it actually mean?

First, of course, the article quoted is from February, but what is actually happening?

https://qz.com/905892/japans-shinzo-...two-countries/

Quote:
Of course, $450 billion worth of Japanese investment will probably play well in the White House (and, very likely, on Twitter). But will it actually close the trade deficit and boost American wealth? Not necessarily, says Robert Scott of the Economic Policy Institute
Quote:
First off, foreign investment isn’t always good. Money that comes in from abroad drives up the value of the dollar. Since that makes US exports relatively more expensive, it risks putting the Americans who make those exported goods out of work. This phenomenon can sometimes be hard to notice because foreign investment often flows into unproductive assets—things like real estate or US government bonds. These assets don’t help America generate the long-term cash flow to make those investments worthwhile. But, say, the construction boom they fuel in the meantime masks that fact.

Foreign spending on factories in the US, on the other hand, would seem pretty valuable—and Abe will surely be including some of these in his announcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies