Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 02:02 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
I am more near Democrats in Matters of social justice, Labor Rights, Economy, Fare taxation, Tuittion free universities, and More close to republicans in matters of Morals. In short, I am Catholic.
I am not a democrat nor a republican.

Marijuana should be legal nationwide. I don't smoke anymore and I haven't for over 20 years. I love a good beer from time to time but if anything should be banned it should be alcohol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 02:03 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am not a democrat nor a republican.

Marijuana should be legal nationwide. I don't smoke anymore and I haven't for over 20 years. I love a good beer from time to time but if anything should be banned it should be alcohol.

I have never smoked or taste in any way Marijuana, but from the few ones I know they do, I can say they lost some neurons.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:04 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
People that smoke pot can get the same types of jobs of those that drink. If a company tests for it then pot smokers won't apply for it. I know quite a few professionals that make good money that are casual users. I don't know any pot heads that are on public assistance. Can you supply a link that states they are all on public assistance or did you just make that up? I am sure there are some but there are non pot users that are also on public assistance.

There is a big transient population that came in here but there was already a ton of homeless here. Now that California and Nevada have legalized it I suspect they will migrate that way because of the warmer winters.

The federal government will not enforce it. They may threaten to but they know it is in their best interest not to.

Trump needs to come to his sense and realize how much tax money the country is missing out on.

Drug testing of any kind is incredibly inconsistent. I've worked at lots of companies, and oddly, the more responsible the job, the less likely the drug test. I've delivered food for four companies, one of them a major chain, and none of THEM tested for anything.

I really have no dog in this fight, as I don't personally care for pot. I've tried it, I didn't much enjoy it. I don't have any problem with people who do enjoy it, and I don't think it is any more dangerous than alcohol or tobacco, both of which I do use. I've seen people use it too much, but I've also seen people who use it with no ill effects whatsoever. Any substance can be abused.

I think it should be legal. Not only do I consider it no worse than my two drugs of choice, as mentioned above, it has proven medical benefits. I wish it had been available to my dad when he was terminally ill and had lots of pain and no appetite.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I have never smoked Marijuana but from the few ones I know they do I can say they get some neurons died.
LOL. I will now stop responding to your posts. You have bought into the anti-pot propaganda.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:05 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
I am more near Democrats in Matters of social justice, Labor Rights, Economy, Fare taxation, Tuittion free universities, and More close to republicans in matters of Morals. In short, I am Catholic.
So... all the terrible economic ideas of the Democrats coupled with the theocratic puritanical social authoritarianism of the Republicans. So like a Frankenstein monster composed of the worst parts of both parties...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Drug testing of any kind is incredibly inconsistent. I've worked at lots of companies, and oddly, the more responsible the job, the less likely the drug test. I've delivered food for four companies, one of them a major chain, and none of THEM tested for anything.

I really have no dog in this fight, as I don't personally care for pot. I've tried it, I didn't much enjoy it. I don't have any problem with people who do enjoy it, and I don't think it is any more dangerous than alcohol or tobacco, both of which I do use. I've seen people use it too much, but I've also seen people who use it with no ill effects whatsoever. Any substance can be abused.

I think it should be legal. Not only do I consider it no worse than my two drugs of choice, as mentioned above, it has proven medical benefits. I wish it had been available to my dad when he was terminally ill and had lots of pain and no appetite.
I have nothing to add to your post. Well said. CD won't let me rep you anymore until I spread around.

Quote:
LOL. I will now stop responding to your posts. You have bought into the anti-pot propaganda.
No i didn't. I live in Mexico here we have no propaganda at all on matters of Drugs.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
So... all the terrible economic ideas of the Democrats coupled with the theocratic puritanical social authoritarianism of the Republicans. So like a Frankenstein monster composed of the worst parts of both parties...
No, in fact that combination is the combination that makes economies to grow. that was what caused First world countries to prosper from the XIX century to the XX century when they started their decline along side with Extermist liberal indoctrination.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:09 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Drug testing of any kind is incredibly inconsistent. I've worked at lots of companies, and oddly, the more responsible the job, the less likely the drug test.
Generally speaking the longer the "ramp up" time and the more difficult the skill set required by a job the less it will drug test... at least in my experience. Of course that is somewhat limited to the scientific/software engineering fields. I think it makes logical sense as long as people are performing their jobs since it can take anywhere from 6 months to a year to spin up to full competency as a fresh hire coming onto a project.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:11 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies