Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 06:45 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,837,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The supreme court will decide if he is or isnt. In the meantime yes the lower courts get a say.

I guess that is too much for the ignorant bumpkins to understand.
I'm sure you would equally defend a judge that said the 1st amendment is null and void until SCOTUS says otherwise?

SCOTUS has already ruled on said issue when Arizona was trying to enhance immigration laws in 2010 when the federal government refused.

Why not educate yourself on the issue?
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.natio...es-explain-why

Partisanship is a bad shade on you.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:46 PM

57,415 posts, read 26,319,660 times
Quote:
The supreme court will decide if he is or isnt. In the meantime yes the lower courts get a say.

The Supreme Court wouldn't make a decision until the fall, what would be the point since this was supposed to be a temporary ban until they can "figure it out". The ban was never to be permanent.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:46 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,409,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
so hawaii is not an island in the Pacific, somebody lied to me in school
People are aware it is, but using it the way he did in a attempt to demean them is why its bad. Tis a tad subtle, but it is the underlying issue people are taking with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The Supreme Court wouldn't make a decision until the fall, what would be the point since this was supposed to be a temporary ban until they can "figure it out". The ban was never to be permanent.
So? Doesn't change the fact that our country works this way. IE courts have a say.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:51 PM

57,415 posts, read 26,319,660 times
Quote:

So? Doesn't change the fact that our country works this way. IE courts have a say.

The court decision should be moot by the fall, there is nothing to prevent him from changing and putting his "extreme vetting procedures" in place. The court case was involving a ban, it will be unnecessary come fall.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:51 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,837,951 times
Quote:
People are aware it is, but using it the way he did in a attempt to demean them is why its bad. Tis a tad subtle, but it is the underlying issue people are taking with it.

Who exactly is arguing the courts shouldn't exist?

Was Obama arguing the courts should have a say after citizen united?

Old 04-20-2017, 06:54 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,470,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
AG Sessions says he's 'amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific' can block Trump's immigration order - CNNPolitics.com

The ignorance of this bumpkin White trash Attorney General is astonishing. Hawaii has been a state since 1959 and was a territory before that since 1898.

He simply stuck so far back in time that he doesn't even know that the US annexed Hawaii under the Newlands Resolution? I thought he was merely stuck in the 1950s ... it looks like he is actually stuck in the 1860s!
Regardless, Hawaii is still an island thousands of miles away. It's amazing that a judge sitting there could block the POTUS Executive Orders that affect the whole country.
Bumpkin White Trash? Well, with that I can't argue...

Old 04-20-2017, 07:00 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,113,360 times
Quote:

It may never get to the supreme court, even the looney 9th circuit could very well rule the EO legal.

In the end, the EO will be ruled legal, there is no argument against it, and there are precedents in the courts affirming the president has such power.

The first judge in MA had is right when he stopped the stay, because it had no chance when it got to court.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:07 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,637,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
AG Sessions says he's 'amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific' can block Trump's immigration order - CNNPolitics.com

The ignorance of this bumpkin White trash Attorney General is astonishing. Hawaii has been a state since 1959 and was a territory before that since 1898.

He simply stuck so far back in time that he doesn't even know that the US annexed Hawaii under the Newlands Resolution? I thought he was merely stuck in the 1950s ... it looks like he is actually stuck in the 1860s!
Hawaii never rebelled against the federal government nor did it take up arms against the federal government, making it more American than Sessions' own state

Old 04-20-2017, 07:08 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Regardless, Hawaii is still an island thousands of miles away. It's amazing that a judge sitting there could block the POTUS Executive Orders that affect the whole country.
Bumpkin White Trash? Well, with that I can't argue...
It's only amazing if you're a biased simpleton who thinks that geographic proximity makes some places more of a state than others.

Maybe we should redraw the electoral map based on this idea - redistribute the votes so those near DC get, say, twice as much say per person as those in the midwest or the south.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:13 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,478,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
As Albert Einstein said: The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits.
That is a great quote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies