Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 04:11 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times

Advertisements

No CEO would still have a position if he had said or done any of the rude, nasty, immature, and crazy things Trump has. Instead of holding the POTUS to a higher standard, his cult is trying to normalize his madness and allowing him to run wild like a rabid dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 04:12 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Sure. You make him step down!

Old 08-15-2018, 05:37 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times

" should Trump be made to step down because of his supposed "mental illness"? (ethical, independent)"

Should YOU be put into a mental hospital because of YOU "SUPPOSED" mental illness?

Old 08-15-2018, 05:46 AM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
his next checkup is scheduled for Jan 21, 2025.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:59 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,221,847 times
I think scrolling through Trump's Twitter feed makes an excellent case for invoking the 25th amendment.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:36 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,701,557 times
The 25th Amendment (specifically Section 4) would not be used if Trump had a mental illness. Section 4 requires the VP and a majority of his OWN cabinet to declare the President "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office." That's not going to happen. And the President could in turn say "Yes, I can perform the duties of my office." It would require 2/3rds of each house of Congress to remove the President. The President could also then fire his cabinet members that declared him unfit so they could not do this a second time.

In other words, Section 4 of the 25th Amendment has no bite. Removing a President due to mental illness is not going to happen unless the President resigns himself.

Anything other than a verified diagnosis of the man having something like Alzheimer's Disease - it doesn't matter what crazy sh** he puts on Twitter. He won't be removed due to mental illness even if he had one.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:37 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Dr.John Gartner is spewing left wing diatribe.

He purports the President Trumps' mental handicaps as are a mix of 1) narcissism,2) paranoia,3) sociopathy and a dash of sadism.
Sounds like he's reading from a cookbook.
What is more scary is the 25,000 knuckleheads he was able to sway signatures from.
Johns seems to have an agenda which sounds diabolical in nature to me!

So in the core of his petition he believes in his professional judgement that
Donald Trump manifests a serious mental illness. A man he has not diagnosed himself.
That is breaking the code of Conduct " The Goldwater rule "
I guess the population that voted for him are in need of more help as well ?
By the way, I did not vote for President Donald Trump for the mere fact that he had no
political skills.Based on his performance behind enemy lines he just might 11/3/2020.
I have never witnessed bashing on a daily basis and still stand tall.
What do you say about that Mr.Gartner?
In closing : Never trust a doctor who breaks his own rules.

Quote:
The world is like a fruitcake and would not be complete without a few nuts!

Old 08-15-2018, 06:40 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
The problem with Trump stepping down is that then Pence would step up & he is a very damaged individual. Whatever Trump purports to believe seems to be almost arbitrary other than made to cement a group of acolytes & followers that will praise & compliment him, no real thought out strategy beyond developing a cult of personality.

Pence however has deeply felt & thought-out notions that belie a firm world-view that is, imho, disturbing... like having women be forced to pay for funerals for fetuses. And he knows how to glad hand other pols unlike DJT so he would have some chances at success for bringing reactionary policies based on his own religious superstitions.

Pence is Trump's anti-impeachment insurance policy. And the fact that he is another rabidly anti-gay Republican who is apparently in the closet himself doesn't improve his mindset.
If that's all you've got, you've got nothing. You know that's a lie, right?

Old 08-15-2018, 06:54 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
The problem with Trump stepping down is that then Pence would step up & he is a very damaged individual. Whatever Trump purports to believe seems to be almost arbitrary other than made to cement a group of acolytes & followers that will praise & compliment him, no real thought out strategy beyond developing a cult of personality.

Pence however has deeply felt & thought-out notions that belie a firm world-view that is, imho, disturbing... like having women be forced to pay for funerals for fetuses. And he knows how to glad hand other pols unlike DJT so he would have some chances at success for bringing reactionary policies based on his own religious superstitions.

Pence is Trump's anti-impeachment insurance policy. And the fact that he is another rabidly anti-gay Republican who is apparently in the closet himself doesn't improve his mindset.

Let me get this straight.
You find it disturbing that a woman should pay for a funeral for her own fetus?
Religious superstitions?
Where should the fetus end up?
With the Collective knowledge recorded in the library of Congress quantifying
a deep passion for Religion and human rights
I find your narrative most disturbing.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:55 AM

19,814 posts, read 9,376,760 times
IF Trump is diagnosed as having a mental state that is dangerous to this country, then of course he should be made to step down. The problem, of course, is I can't imagine Trump submitting himself to be examined by any objective psychiatrist. I don't think it is an exaggeration to say that as he has himself stated, he hires based on how much of a fan of Trump the applicant is.

Also, although I do think that Dr. Gartner was wrong in publicly making a long distance diagnosis, I do think that Trump's extreme narcissism, to say the least, cannot be denied by any intelligent person, and it is my opinion that Trump is a very dangerous man and definitely not fit to be POTUS for probably dozens of reasons.

Last edited by katharsis; 08-15-2018 at 07:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies