Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2018, 11:09 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The Obama "recovery" was the weakest recovery since the 1940s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Because the recovery was from the deepest recession since the 1930s. They don't call the late 00s The Great Recession for nothing.
I think you missed the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 01:31 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I have always read that no ethical psychiatrist or psychologist would ever make a long distance diagnosis.
Has that ethical consideration now gone away?
Or, has Dr. Gartner had psychotherapy sessions with trump so as to arrive at his diagnosis?
Having had a psychology course or two, I question the good Doctor's sanity...
I don't understand why his license to practice isn't being reviewed at this point. How can a diagnosis be made for a patient that he's never met.

Then there's section III of HIPAA that was added onto the first two parts in 2004. Even if he had made an accurate diagnosis, he's not allowed to discuss it with any one except the patient without their consent. Records made by a doctor are the property of the doctor. The patient can request copies. If any other party wants to request copies from the doctor, the request must include signed consent from the patient for the doctor to release the copies to that party. That party is then not allowed to disclose any of the information in those records to any other party or person. If another party or person wishes to see those records, they must request them from the doctor which includes a signed consent from the patient to release those records to that party.

That's the reason section III was added to the act. Sections I and II are about portability and among other things, when not moving from a group policy to another group policy, it guarantees a one time move to an individual policy regardless of preexisting conditions. I don't think many realize any of that. They only associate HIPAA with the patient's right to privacy, which is in fact section III.

To say he has an ethical responsibility to report the president's mental health to the public, is the exact opposite of what his ethical responsibility actually is.

Old 08-04-2018, 02:10 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,676,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Democrats are dancing with the devil.
Republicans are not the one trying to get GOD out of America.
OH, pleaazze..first of all, you have it backwards, since "the Devil is in the W H" and his followers are dancing with him. The idea that Cons (in general) are so Godly and taught that "God equals Country", etc., is absurd.

Secondly, GOD himself doesn't care for the hellishness that exists now either, having actions taking place to make things right.

Old 08-04-2018, 02:11 AM

2,362 posts, read 778,612 times
The way to defeat Trump is at the ballot box. Unless he has done something illegal during the election process (which I guess Mueller is looking into) you will just have to live with him until 2020.

Old 08-04-2018, 02:37 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,122,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
The way to defeat Trump is at the ballot box. Unless he has done something illegal during the election process (which I guess Mueller is looking into) you will just have to live with him until 2020.
Excuse me...I think you meant to write 2024!

Old 08-04-2018, 03:00 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,088,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Excuse me...I think you meant to write 2024!

Old 08-04-2018, 06:20 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Republicans will never admit they made a deal with the devil and the cult will never admit he is the devil!
Yes, Trump is Satan Incarnate.

Old 08-04-2018, 06:40 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,396,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Yes, Trump is Satan Incarnate.
Is that your professional opinion, or do you have a medical degree that they is actually a "satan' . Did you get "satan" written permission to use his name in your examination.

Old 08-04-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
Is that your professional opinion, or do you have a medical degree that they is actually a "satan' . Did you get "satan" written permission to use his name in your examination.
Huh?

Old 08-04-2018, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I have always read that no ethical psychiatrist or psychologist would ever make a long distance diagnosis.
Has that ethical consideration now gone away?
Or, has Dr. Gartner had psychotherapy sessions with trump so as to arrive at his diagnosis?
Having had a psychology course or two, I question the good Doctor's sanity...
Personally, I don’t think it takes a psychology degree to see that Trump is becoming more unhinged. Just read his tweets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies