Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2018, 06:50 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Better pull your head out of the sand every minute or so, or you will suffocate .
You of ALL people telling someone else this might be the City Data Comedy Moment of the Year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 06:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
If one thing we have learned from all this.... If the loony liberals are screaming about it, you know damn well they did it themselves.

Old 07-30-2018, 06:55 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Physician heal thyself first.
Best post in this thread. Wish I'd thought of it.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:15 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
From Dr. John Gartner, author and professor of psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University for 28 years

Says that observed behavior is more reliable than interviews. Based on his public observations of Trump, says he has malignant narcissism, a personality described by Erich Fromm, who escaped the Nazis, and used that condition to explain the psychology of dictators

Narcissistic - grandiosity,
Paranoid - demonization of the press and "different" people, conspiracy theories, feels he's constantly under attack antisocial personality, and
Antisocial Personality- violates norms and laws, predatory personality, doesn't care about the consequences of their acts for others.
Sadistic - enjoys hurting other people, like a bully.

They actually become worse, not better, over time. This explains why Trump didn't "pivot" from a badly behaved candidate to a well-behaved president.

Trump's in cognitive decline, possibly pre-dementia: In 1980s, Trump was a polished speaker, higher level of vocabulary, can finish sentences. Now he speaks as a juvenile level of vocabulary. . He tells both conscious and unconscious lies.

Video's 14 min long, but full of info about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfnV4B7Fk7Y
The unethical psychiatrist would have issued that DX/prognosis several years earlier if not for a fear of being labeled a racist.

Perhaps he had patient records confused? Happens quite often.

So many psychiatrists, so many violent offenders paroled and recommitted for violence.

narcistic - use of the word 'I' dominating any speech. Names his dog after himself, BO.
lied his ase off when he said, 'without qualification, you can keep your doctor, isis is the jv team, it was a rogue office in Cincinnati, the video caused the attack.... all in an effort to cement his legacy and win an election. It was all about him, not the country he was charged with serving.

"Obama used “I” 98 times and “me” 19 times, according to a transcript of the speech posted by the White House. A videotape of the speech posted on YouTube shows that Obama spoke for about 25-and-a-half minutes. During this speech, Obama used “I” or “me” approximately once every 13.09 seconds."

paranoid - turn in people who oppose his policies to whitehouse.gov, allows his doj head to falsify a warrant to spy on journalists. blamed everything on GWB.

anti social/sadistic - paused a golf game for a couple of minutes to announce the beheading of an American journalist. banned press from ceremony during which he received a transparency award form OMB watch organization. Sat on his hands as Christians were essentially wipe out of the ME. Funded the greatest expoter of terrorism with piles of cash to set the ME on fire. Called isis the jv team to allow them time to organize and expand to slaughter thousands of people. Sat on his hands when the Iranian people rose up against the mullahs and were executed and imprisoned. Kept dem and repub legislators away and instead of seeking discussion and compromise, he by passed the people's representatives to rule by suffocating regulations. Destroyed healthcare for the many under the guise of providing for the few. Released convicted felons back into society. Allowed deported illegal alien felons to return over and over again and did nothing to stop it.

The Harvard trained lawyer can't even pronounce corpsman. visited all 57 states.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:15 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
From Dr. John Gartner, author and professor of psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University for 28 years

Says that observed behavior is more reliable than interviews. Based on his public observations of Trump, says he has malignant narcissism, a personality described by Erich Fromm, who escaped the Nazis, and used that condition to explain the psychology of dictators

Narcissistic - grandiosity,
Paranoid - demonization of the press and "different" people, conspiracy theories, feels he's constantly under attack antisocial personality, and
Antisocial Personality- violates norms and laws, predatory personality, doesn't care about the consequences of their acts for others.
Sadistic - enjoys hurting other people, like a bully.

They actually become worse, not better, over time. This explains why Trump didn't "pivot" from a badly behaved candidate to a well-behaved president.

Trump's in cognitive decline, possibly pre-dementia: In 1980s, Trump was a polished speaker, higher level of vocabulary, can finish sentences. Now he speaks as a juvenile level of vocabulary. . He tells both conscious and unconscious lies.
None of this is news or particularly surprising to people that actually consider the facts in a dispassionate way. We have all probably encountered people like this in out daily lives but to have a deranged mind as the leader of our Executive branch is something that was never seriously considered. Does the 25th amendment apply in this case? No one ever dreamed at the beginning of his term that was a possibility but now it starts to become more realistic.

There is no question that Trump presents the greatest danger that the American republic has faced in its history. We are exploring one of the weakest pillars of our system, which is the power that our founders decided to grant to a President. Their naive assumption was that the President would always be a rational individual that would behave in a predictable way and would respect the Constitution and the concept of democracy and free speech; in other words, there was an expectation that the oath of office would be honored.

For the Trump supporters that post here, this analysis is going to be ignored in its entirety, because they are not motivated to look at facts. Lots of people have referred to this as "cult like thinking", not because anyone takes any joy in making that assessment but because it is hard to come up with an alternative description. You could make a pretty strong argument that Trump's hard core base shares some of the same aberrant psychology as our President. Just read some of the completely crazy posts here for examples.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:16 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The unethical psychiatrist would have issued that DX/prognosis several years earlier if not for a fear of being labeled a racist.

So many psychiatrists, so many violent offenders paroled and recommitted for violence.

narcistic - use of the word 'I' dominating any speech. Names his dog after himself, BO.
lied his ase off when he said, 'without qualification, you can keep your doctor, isis is the jv team, it was a rogue office in Cincinnati, the video caused the attack.... all in an effort to cement his legacy and win an election. It was all about him, not the country he was charged with serving.

"Obama used “I” 98 times and “me” 19 times, according to a transcript of the speech posted by the White House. A videotape of the speech posted on YouTube shows that Obama spoke for about 25-and-a-half minutes. During this speech, Obama used “I” or “me” approximately once every 13.09 seconds."

paranoid - turn in people who oppose his policies to whitehouse.gov, allows his doj head to falsify a warrant to spy on journalists. blamed everything on GWB.

anti social/sadistic - paused a golf game for a couple of minutes to announce the beheading of an American journalist. banned press from ceremony during which he received a transparency award form OMB watch organization. Sat on his hands as Christians were essentially wipe out of the ME. Funded the greatest expoter of terrorism with piles of cash to set the ME on fire. Called isis the jv team to allow them time to organize and expand to slaughter thousands of people. Sat on his hands when the Iranian people rose up against the mullahs and were executed and imprisoned. Kept dem and repub legislators away and instead of seeking discussion and compromise, he by passed the people's representatives to rule by suffocating regulations. Destroyed healthcare for the many under the guise of providing for the few. Released convicted felons back into society. Allowed deported illegal alien felons to return over and over again and did nothing to stop it.

The Harvard trained lawyer can't even pronounce corpsman. visited all 57 states.
But...but...but...Obama...

Old 07-30-2018, 07:19 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

OUCH, democrats. There are those pesky things we on the right call FACTS

Old 07-30-2018, 07:34 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
None of this is news or particularly surprising to people that actually consider the facts in a dispassionate way. We have all probably encountered people like this in out daily lives but to have a deranged mind as the leader of our Executive branch is something that was never seriously considered. Does the 25th amendment apply in this case? No one ever dreamed at the beginning of his term that was a possibility but now it starts to become more realistic.

There is no question that Trump presents the greatest danger that the American republic has faced in its history. We are exploring one of the weakest pillars of our system, which is the power that our founders decided to grant to a President. Their naive assumption was that the President would always be a rational individual that would behave in a predictable way and would respect the Constitution and the concept of democracy and free speech; in other words, there was an expectation that the oath of office would be honored.

For the Trump supporters that post here, this analysis is going to be ignored in its entirety, because they are not motivated to look at facts. Lots of people have referred to this as "cult like thinking", not because anyone takes any joy in making that assessment but because it is hard to come up with an alternative description. You could make a pretty strong argument that Trump's hard core base shares some of the same aberrant psychology as our President. Just read some of the completely crazy posts here for examples.
Another Dem, with an "intellect cool and vast and unsympathetic" (Thanks to H G Wells) examines the facts for us and finds us lacking.
Fail.
Dr John Gartner is a psychologist, not a psychiatrist. There is no Dr John Gartner at Johns Hopkins. Gartner has a limited practice in Baltimore. Gartner is 59. He has not been practicing for 38 years.

Quote:
These days Gartner is gaining national attention for a cause of his own — and creating a stir in his field — by trying to convince voters that President Donald Trump has a mental illness, and should be removed from his job because of it......
Among Gartner’s most notable critics is psychiatrist Allen Frances, who wrote the guidelines for diagnosing narcissistic personality disorder — and who rejects any claim that Trump has it.
Baltimore psychologist heads effort to 'warn' about Trump's mental health - Baltimore Sun

Just think - without liberal looniness, there would be no fake news because no one would believe it.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:36 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
For the Trump supporters that post here, this analysis is going to be ignored in its entirety, because they are not motivated to look at facts.
This particular analysis should be ignored simply because of who supposedly wrote it.
Agree with it if you like but it is no more legitimate than if I wrote it

Old 07-30-2018, 07:39 AM

251 posts, read 148,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Donald Trump is just "special", or "odd". That is what we used to call people years ago who were bat**** crazy and talking to rocks. It doesn't take a psychiatry degree to know when someone acts and talks the way Trump does that there is something very wrong inside his head.

When he dies, he should donate his brain to science, they would have a field day dissecting that baby.
Why wait till he dies? Just dissect the small brain of any dead snake, bird, or Trump supporter and I’m sure they’ll get the same results.

*shrugs*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies