Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2018, 06:57 AM

16,165 posts, read 6,909,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's good to know that Trump is crazy though..........

Just like it was good to know that Hillary had AIDS and Parkinsons and about 20 other maladies.

I agree. Crazy like a fox my friend. Crazy like a fox. L.O.L.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 06:59 AM

16,766 posts, read 8,240,967 times
Nutty Don should resign.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:03 AM

19,893 posts, read 9,448,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I have a friend who is seriously mentally ill. He has laid down on the railroad tracks (has no memory of it except the guy that rescued him off the tracks.) and was a victim of child sexual abuse by his father. He has attempted to kill himself more times that I can count. He is Bi-polar and his life is Hell.

I have another friend who was diagnosed with schizophrenia, at the age of 29, (seemed pretty normal prior to that) she took a shotgun and tried to shoot her husband, thinking he was the FBI. She has been hospitalized 9 times and finally got her medicine correct (when she remembers to take it). She is on disability for life, as is my other friend.

These are two good people who have a serious mental illness. To call the president mentally ill, so many factors come into play that make that statement ridiculous.

To call the president mentally ill is offensive. He might be brash, outspoken, cocky (to some), ego-maniac, (to some) and very blunt in his speech. But to say he is mentally ill, is a far cry from the truth. How many here TRULY know someone who is mentally ill?
You do know that there are many forms and degrees of mental illness, don't you? In fact, according to the American Psychiatric Association, "nearly one in five (19 percent) U.S. adults experience some form of mental illness and one in 24 (4.1 percent) has a serious mental illness."

https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-...mental-illness

Old 08-15-2018, 07:07 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,118,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
I agree. Crazy like a fox my friend. Crazy like a fox. L.O.L.
Crazy like a fox? Crazy as a s***house rat (to use the exact clinical term).

Old 08-20-2018, 06:55 PM

16,165 posts, read 6,909,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Crazy like a fox? Crazy as a s***house rat (to use the exact clinical term).

Thankyou for your diagnosis Dr. r small.........................L.O.L.

Old 08-20-2018, 07:43 PM

3,564 posts, read 4,407,682 times
What a disaster of a President and a Presidency. Controversy after controversy with lots of undignified, filthy, angry, vitriolic, divisive tweets in between.

This President has ZERO respect for the Office of The United States President.

Old 08-20-2018, 07:53 PM

18,068 posts, read 27,523,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Armchair diagnosis is against the law.
Armchair diagnosis in the United States of America is against the Law.

Old 08-20-2018, 08:00 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,928,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I have a friend who is seriously mentally ill. He has laid down on the railroad tracks (has no memory of it except the guy that rescued him off the tracks.) and was a victim of child sexual abuse by his father. He has attempted to kill himself more times that I can count. He is Bi-polar and his life is Hell.

I have another friend who was diagnosed with schizophrenia, at the age of 29, (seemed pretty normal prior to that) she took a shotgun and tried to shoot her husband, thinking he was the FBI. She has been hospitalized 9 times and finally got her medicine correct (when she remembers to take it). She is on disability for life, as is my other friend.

These are two good people who have a serious mental illness. To call the president mentally ill, so many factors come into play that make that statement ridiculous.

To call the president mentally ill is offensive. He might be brash, outspoken, cocky (to some), ego-maniac, (to some) and very blunt in his speech. But to say he is mentally ill, is a far cry from the truth. How many here TRULY know someone who is mentally ill?
I have relatives with mental illness: bi-polar disorder and schizophrenia. Trump does not appear to have either of these tragic diseases - but he does appear to have worsening memory and thought-processing issues often found in cases of dementia.

Compare the Trump of today with the Trump of twenty years ago - he is nowhere near as articulate or quick-witted, and does not seem to have the same grasp of issues as was once the case. His thought processes seem to lack depth - occasionally he will seem more like his old self, with words coming easily and fluently, but this is erratic. This is typical of various forms of dementia - someone elsewhere on C-D compared it to an elevator stopping briefly at each floor, but inevitably going down and only seldom returning to a higher floor.

Trump's tweets reveal his shallow thinking and inability to control his anger and frustration. He seems to be very easily triggered and prone to snap decisions, apparently without consulting his advisors.

Please note that none of these observations are first-hand, and none of them deal with Trump's ethics, personal history or moral character. Instead, they all seem to point to serious deterioration of his thought and memory processes, and that is cause for concern on the part of us all, regardless of political persuasion.

Old 08-20-2018, 08:03 PM

23,609 posts, read 17,294,097 times
right out of the commie playbook!!!!

declare your opponent mentally ill!

thought we left that evil society way behind

The stuff of witch trials! we are reliving the attitude that burned so many innocent women.

Old 08-20-2018, 08:03 PM

2,068 posts, read 1,002,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
What a disaster of a President and a Presidency. Controversy after controversy with lots of undignified, filthy, angry, vitriolic, divisive tweets in between.

This President has ZERO respect for the Office of The United States President.

Sounds like CNN, MSNBC, ...

It's not only what they report. It's what they choose to ignore. 90% negative news. Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies