Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2017, 06:21 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Exactly, but of course Obama and Democrats knew most people don't know this so they spouted, "make the rich pay more, people making high income"

Ignorance allows politicians to play you every time.
Yup, weese Dems are sew stoopid.

I shouldn't even answer you, but that's not what they said at all. You seem to forget that Obama is very wealthy and so are most members of Congress, including the Democrats. You also seem to forget that billionaires like Warren Buffet supported Obama and said most wealthy people do not pay their fair share. Bernie Sanders isn't exactly poor, by the way, and he continually talks about the breaks we give to the wealthiest Americans. He makes $174,000 as a Senator and also gets Social Security benefits.

In most of your posts, you are only posting sound bites, not facts.

EDIT: Guess what? I guess you can now call me a liar, since I said I wouldn't participate in this discussion and then I wrote a post. Shame on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 06:23 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times
Sure! Trump doesn't care about debt! How many bankruptcies was he involved in?

Old 04-26-2017, 06:24 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Anyone else imagining a CBO staffer looking at this and saying "I can't even begin to estimate the total level of fail this is?"

I think a prior poster has nailed it though. As the current data shows doing anything close to this would have effects more then 10 years out the only way this makes it through the senate is either via the nuclear option, or getting Democrats on board.

Neither is viable. The nuclear option would eventually blow up on Republicans as their majority is razor thin. And when it did the Democrats would absolutely terrorize them. And no Democrat is going to sign on to this. Certainly not 8 of them.

Additionally they may not even get to 50 votes as Senators have to think longer term.

This is DOA, so why did they do it? A distraction, or incompetence. Neither says good things.

Last edited by greywar; 04-26-2017 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: omg doing! I missed a letter

Old 04-26-2017, 06:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

I shouldn't even answer you, but that's not what they said at all. You seem to forget that Obama is very wealthy and so are most members of Congress, including the Democrats. You also seem to forget that billionaires like Warren Buffet supported Obama and said most wealthy people do not pay their fair share. Bernie Sanders isn't exactly poor, by the way, and he continually talks about the breaks we give to the wealthiest Americans. He makes $174,000 as a Senator and also gets Social Security benefits.

EDIT: Guess what? I guess you can now call me a liar, since I said I wouldn't participate in this discussion and then I wrote a post. Shame on me.
LOL, of course these millionaires and billionaires supported Obama. They already have their money unlike the middle class who depends on income to pay bills and hopes to have extra to build their seed money.

But if they work OT or get a better job and get bumped into the next tax bracket the government takes a bigger piece, The rich can control their taxable income better than the middle class family, who most likely needs every cent and still can't save seed money can do.

The rich did very well under Obama.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:29 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Anyone else imagining a CBO staffer looking at this and saying "I can't even begin to estimate the total level of fail this is?"

I think a prior poster has nailed it though. As the current data shows doing anything close to this would have effects more then 10 years out the only way this makes it through the senate is either via the nuclear option, or getting Democrats on board.

Neither is viable. The nuclear option would eventually blow up on Republicans as their majority is razor thin. And when it did the Democrats would absolutely terrorize them. And no Democrat is going to sign on to this. Certainly not 8 of them.

Additionally they may not even get to 50 votes as Senators have to think longer term.

This is DOA, so why did they do it? A distraction, or incompetence. Neither says good things.
Just curious but where was the CBO during Obamacare and while president obama more than doubled the national debt on his own?

Healthcare reform is coming, a tax bill will happen this year, and the wall will begin shortly after. In 2018 your minority will become even smaller.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:

Sound bites LOL, no, it's from understanding money and taxation. Yes, I'm nerdy, I like understanding taxes and consulting with my CPA so I can legally keep more of my money.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:30 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What are you talking about?

GDP growth was good after the Bush tax cuts.

And government revenue grew by $785 billion from 2004-2007 after the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, the largest four-year increase in history up to that time. It didn't lead to "greater deficits." Overspending does.
GDP growth peaked in 2003, with the exception of one year it was in steady decline until the crash, same tax cuts presently in place and still flat GDP.

GDP of 1.6% in 2016 and record deficits - all for tax "Reform" but cutting taxes is not a solution.

https://www.thebalance.com/us-gdp-by-year-3305543

Old 04-26-2017, 06:36 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
strong take down of trump tax plan. she tells it like it is.

CNN guest lays epic mic drop on Wall Street lackey: ‘This is a tax break for the wealthy… for Donald Trump’

my own view is that Trump's plan would be a stunning amount of cash in my pocket, more than i will admit here. But a complete disaster for the nation and the working poor, lower income, middle class. they will be picked up shaken and the scraps handed to me.

it is a real estate investor bonanza ! it is a stockholder win and a straight up wholesale raping our of federal revenue streams.

The fed will be broke, we will spin rapidly into bankruptcy. The plan has no chance.

but watch out trump will fight for that pass through , reduced cap taxes no AMT and no inheritance. (btw just the inheritance tax change would let me free up money to buy more properties..

do you really want to compete with the top 5% for housing? this plan will push trillions into housing from investors looking to hold hard assets as stocks continue to rise unabated for 7 years now...

Old 04-26-2017, 06:39 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Just curious but where was the CBO during Obamacare and while president obama more than doubled the national debt on his own?

Healthcare reform is coming, a tax bill will happen this year, and the wall will begin shortly after. In 2018 your minority will become even smaller.
CBO has scored the obamacare as saving us money. So far its been relatively accurate. But keep in mind, thats overall. Specific people or groups may have different experiences. For example if it had been put in place under Clinton my mom would still be alive, and to me that would be priceless. Its almost like people forget that without healthcare, people die.

Current data indicates 2018 will be fun. Shrug. you can make vague predictions of the future based upon being in an echo chamber, the data indicates otherwise at this point.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:

You really need to read more about Warren Buffet and his business model. Do you know why BRK.A and BRK.B don't pay dividends? His business model allows people to grow their wealth without having to pay taxes on dividends. Berkshire hasn’t paid any cash dividends since 1967.

Think of it this way, if you are able to keep your money this year, then the year after and after that, you are building your wealth and could end up with a lot of money. If you're forced to pay high taxes, that money is gone for good.

The Buffett Loophole and the Berkshire Model are allowing one individual to build one of the great American fortunes while avoiding individual taxes. By keeping his tax bill down he's able to build wealth.

Google is your friend. Don't just believe the rhetoric, become more educated.

warren-buffett-is-a-hypocrite-baby-berkshire

http://www.barrons.com/articles/warren-buffetts-nifty-tax-loophole
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies