Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2017, 06:42 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You really need to read more about Warren Buffet and his business model. Do you know why BRK.A and BRK.B don't pay dividends? His business model allows people to grow their wealth without having to pay taxes on dividends.

The Buffett Loophole and the Berkshire Model are allowing one individual to build one of the great American fortunes while avoiding individual taxes. By keeping his tax bill down he's able to build wealth.

Google is your friend. Don't just believe the rhetoric, become more educated.
For the wealthiest.

Theres more to life then wealth. Theres more people in this country then the 0.1%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 06:43 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
LOL, of course these millionaires and billionaires supported Obama. They already have their money unlike the middle class who depends on income to pay bills and hopes to have extra to build their seed money.

But if they work OT or get a better job and get bumped into the next tax bracket the government takes a bigger piece, The rich can control their taxable income better than the middle class family, who most likely needs every cent and still can't save seed money can do.

The rich did very well under Obama.

The top brackets have done well under every president since Reagan, we have a large income disparity, yet this tax plan proposes more benefits for the top 1/3. I don't quite understand the logic.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:44 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Add NY to your list. My County in ny has the highest property taxes in the country. That deduction really helped a lot of us out. Was just talking outside to my neighbors we are all annoyed!! We all pay 20,000 plus or minus a bit a year in re taxes and that is actually low for our school district (we live in the average area). Not good Trump!
Then complain to your congressional representative and senators to shoot down this bad tax policy.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
For the wealthiest.

Theres more to life then wealth.
Exactly! And that is part of the reason why I went into semi-retirement. Why would I reinvest money in my company to grow it if government is going to take so much? Instead I opted to enjoy more time and less work. Too bad, if I re-invested that would have meant having to hire more people. I would need the products from other vendors (the same as other businesses) which would have resulted in the hiring of more people at those vendors.

I talk to business people all the time and many did the same thing.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:47 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The top brackets have done well under every president since Reagan, we have a large income disparity, yet this tax plan proposes more benefits for the top 1/3. I don't quite understand the logic.
You'll never get there because if you're income does increase you've voted to give more to the government instead of being able to keep it to grow your own seed money.

You'll never understand because you are taking the easy way and let the media with an agenda teach you instead of picking up books and trying to understand.

And here is someone who wants to let you keep more of your money and you've jumped on the liberal bandwagon that wants you to keep giving more and more of it away no matter if you make more.

Don't worry, they are counting on your not understanding.

Last edited by petch751; 04-26-2017 at 07:30 PM..

Old 04-26-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
You really need to read more about Warren Buffet and his business model. Do you know why BRK.A and BRK.B don't pay dividends? His business model allows people to grow their wealth without having to pay taxes on dividends. Berkshire hasn’t paid any cash dividends since 1967.

Think of it this way, if you are able to keep your money this year, then the year after and after that, you are building your wealth and could end up with a lot of money. If you're forced to pay high taxes, that money is gone for good.

The Buffett Loophole and the Berkshire Model are allowing one individual to build one of the great American fortunes while avoiding individual taxes. By keeping his tax bill down he's able to build wealth.

Google is your friend. Don't just believe the rhetoric, become more educated.

warren-buffett-is-a-hypocrite-baby-berkshire

http://www.barrons.com/articles/warren-buffetts-nifty-tax-loophole
Please, Buffett avoiding taxes on dividends is the way to success, it couldn't be the increase in net worth of several thousand multiples. By the way even stock on Berkshire has to be cashed in at some point and they will be taxed, granted it will be at the capital gains rate but still taxed, dividends would be minor in any event.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:48 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,983 times
Corporate tax rates should be 0%. We can make up that money by hitting middle class and upper middle class people, and their investment dividends and such.

This Trump plan is just more stupidity.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:50 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,600,714 times
People forget that Donald Trump is a lifelong democrat. He is all about making terrible economic decisions.

Quote:
You'll never get there because if you're income does increase you've voted to give more to the government instead of growing your own seed money so you have enough to invest for cash flow into your own pocket.
This isn't about me or you, it is about record deficits due to lack of tax receipts, so how do you balance the budget.

18,028 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Sure! Trump doesn't care about debt! How many bankruptcies was he involved in?
I don't know, how many?

I've never had to file for bankruptcy.

But you're saying that those who do are just scum who don't care about debt?

It's my understanding that Trump was going to take lumps back in the day and others decided the world would be a better place if he didn't go broke at that time so they helped him out, and thusly were helped themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies