Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 11:08 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,651,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
He is showing clear signs of dementia.

Not sure whether he is laying the ground work for some future incompetence plea or is losing it, but something's not right.
you raise a good point. If i were in his boots it might be the best option , plus it would garner some support to just let him live out his years. as there is little reason to punish someone who does not know why they are in trouble...

Of course that means we get pence, and not a lot of poeple want that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 11:13 AM

11,233 posts, read 8,332,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
I just checked my watch ... now seems about as good a time as any.
You might want to take your watch back to K-Mart for a refund, it seems to be running about 103 days late...

Old 05-03-2017, 11:15 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,124,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
He is showing clear signs of dementia.

Not sure whether he is laying the ground work for some future incompetence plea or is losing it, but something's not right.
One of the first things I thought of was that old Mafia guy who used to walk around in a bathrobe while mumbling to himself in an effort to avoid prosecution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
you raise a good point. If i were in his boots it might be the best option , plus it would garner some support to just let him live out his years. as there is little reason to punish someone who does not know why they are in trouble...

Of course that means we get pence, and not a lot of poeple want that.
Pence is a little too socially conservative for me, but at least I can trust him with the nuclear football. In other words, at least he is sane.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:19 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,974,084 times
He's not nuts, he's just crazy.

Pence on the other hand is evil.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:34 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,949,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Interesting read:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.429a68970dab

When is it okay?

At what point do we acknowledge that this is possible, given the evidence?
He's going the way of old Al Capone who got crazier and crazier in Alcatraz as syphilis slowly destroyed his brain.

http://troytaylorbooks.blogspot.com/...al-capone.html

"They would often find him crouched down in the corner like an animal. On other occasions, he would mumble to himself or babble in baby talk or simply sit on his bed and strum little tunes on the banjo. Years later, another inmate recalled that Capone would sometimes stay in his cell and make his bunk over and over again."

How far away is Trump from this sort of total breakdown? There are a lot of parallels here; same sort of ego-maniacal personality, especially the mumbling and the babbling.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:39 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,796,271 times
Quote:
Interesting read:

When is it okay?

I used to say "there's something wrong with that man" in reference to Obama. I do realize that this is because we saw problems and solutions differently. You'll be questioning the same as I questioned Obama's sanity but it's because you see things different.

It's really as simple as that.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:42 AM

39,109 posts, read 51,351,497 times
To anyone who has seen a loved one or friend develop Alzheimers, the signs from Trump are unmistakable. They were there during the campaign, especially, the debates, but it was possible to dismiss it as part of his strategy. Now, there is nothing to dismiss it as. He is rapidly declining.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:44 AM

809 posts, read 749,532 times
Better nuts than Cruz.

The sad reality is that our electorate is brain dead. The tea party, joe the plumber, sarah palin.

I'm hoping our career government employees can do the right thing while the orangutan-in-chief and the republican party duke it out.

Quote:
Interesting read:

When is it okay?

Old 05-03-2017, 11:46 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,999,229 times
I hope those that are pushing for Nancy Pelosi to stay in office read this thread. Same for those hoping to see Biden, Sanders, Clinton, or Warren run. Unfortunately getting old sucks.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:50 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,928,384 times
Quote:
Interesting read:

When is it okay?

It's been kind of clear for a while, yes? Before he won the presidency. So I'd say it's always been OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies