Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 06:42 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
Sue for what? What exactly are her damages?
Actually, I don't think she can sue for anything. This isn't a civil right issue on any level, and the fact the services she was requesting was not a life threatening situation..

Not all sense of feeling dissed means a Payday for anybody!! ALA~ It may turn out the complainant may have been saved from a lot of medical issues! I cannot see any lawyer pursuing this on any legal grounds whatsoever!

I sure wish people do their due diligence when seeking ANY service to see the consequences.. BEFORE they confront the Service Provider .. who may reject them.. It's a fact that many who are Diabetic and Obese with Circulation issues have to have Professionals do what they wish. There is podiatrists available.. BUT of course there's a HUGE COST factor!!

Old 05-06-2017, 06:42 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Well..if you can't see your toes..it's a moot point, yes?

Old 05-06-2017, 06:59 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
What kind of nail salon is this person running? We have all been to a nail salon, most pedicure chairs are strong enough for this lady. I doubt she is big enough to break a chair.

I am glad that she complained. I think suing is completely justified. Looks like the salon owner is too cheap. Even if she couldn't fit the chair, I would apologize and offer her some free services. (maybe give her one free manicure or facial treatment.)
If you think that we should force businesses to serve people, then shouldn't we force people to patronize businesses? Why should it only go one way? What if an obese person tried to start a job as a personal trainer, but she had a hard time getting customers because of her weight? Should the government step in and make people use her services? Should she be able to sue potential clients who turned her away?

Think about the logical inconsistencies of your position.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:35 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
If you think that we should force businesses to serve people, then shouldn't we force people to patronize businesses? Why should it only go one way? What if an obese person tried to start a job as a personal trainer, but she had a hard time getting customers because of her weight? Should the government step in and make people use her services? Should she be able to sue potential clients who turned her away?

Sometimes we should choose the less bad choice. In this case we have a very bad history with refusing service to people from certain ethnicities. I guess it's the reason for this law.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:05 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post

dude, I have already said, at the very beginning, I thought the salon owner actually called her fat.

Now, after reading it for the second time, I don't think she should have sued.

okay? sheesh Relax

Old 05-06-2017, 08:21 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Overweight and obese people should be shamed in my opinion. It's not normal or socially acceptable to be that way...doesn't matter if you're donald trump or the local clown, overweight is not okay
That's insane! Some people have thyroid issues or are on steroids for asthma, both of which cause big time weight gain.

People that go around thinking it's okay to shame fat people are rude, and uncouth. One wonders why their parents didn't take the time to instill any manners in their offspring.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:24 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In my opinion, it is not about what you say, it is HOW you say it.

I would apologize, and then offer her a free manicure treatment. You perhaps get a repeat customer instead of a lawsuit.
They probably should have given her a Dunkin Donuts coupon.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That's insane! Some people have thyroid issues or are on steroids for asthma, both of which cause big time weight gain.

People that go around thinking it's okay to shame fat people are rude, and uncouth. One wonders why their parents didn't take the time to instill any manners in their offspring.
Never seen a picture of a fat prisoner in a concentration camp.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:29 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Overweight and obese people should be shamed in my opinion. It's not normal or socially acceptable to be that way...doesn't matter if you're donald trump or the local clown, overweight is not okay
They shouldn't be shamed. They should be educated and helped getting in better shape. Some of them had no choice because of the parents they had.

I sure hope you don't get obese and get "shamed."

Old 05-06-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
They shouldn't be shamed. They should be educated and helped getting in better shape. Some of them had no choice because of the parents they had.

I sure hope you don't get obese and get "shamed."

I was 40 lbs overweight. Now just 25 over. I decided to lose weight before I got shamed. You know before I can't fit in a barber's chair.

Where did this woman expect to sit when she entered the salon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies