Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 05:33 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Have any of you even read the comments section of breitbart, or stormfront? The hatred there is mind boggling. I mean, some people here have some serious hate for me, but the comments section at those places is....disturbing.
Sure. But the Comments section on WaPo can be just as bad. They might not be as crude, but they are just as venomous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 05:42 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
..are often not who you think:

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBAJt30?m=en-us
I am quite sure sites like the Daily Storm Trooper or Stornfront come in useful to the authorities, who can keep tabs on ultra right wing nut cases.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:00 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Have any of you even read the comments section of breitbart, or stormfront? The hatred there is mind boggling. I mean, some people here have some serious hate for me, but the comments section at those places is....disturbing.
I read neither blog above, so I'll take your word for it that the comments sections are full of hate. Do you ever read HuffPo, Daily Kos, BuzzFeed? The comments I've seen on these blogs are disturbing and have been full of hateful comments for people like me.

Hateful people relish spouting their venom safely and anonymously from behind their keyboards. Most Americans, however, aren't represented by these internet cowards.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:06 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I read neither blog above, so I'll take your word for it that the comments sections are full of hate. Do you ever read HuffPo, Daily Kos, BuzzFeed? The comments I've seen on these blogs are disturbing and have been full of hateful comments for people like me.

Hateful people relish spouting their venom safely and anonymously from behind their keyboards. Most Americans, however, aren't represented by these internet cowards.
Actually while I have read Daily KOS ( I view it as extreme left), and have read some comments-while angry...none of them nearly get as....straight out unhinged and offensive. I rarely read Huffington, and rarely Buzzfeed.

In fact, I read fox news more then those 3 combined. LOL. I read....a LOT. A whole lot. And when interested in a topic, I read a lot more of non-news stuff to see if I can figure out whats real, whats nonsense, and whats FUD.

Oh almost forgot infowars. That can also be really weird.

Theres a LOT of hate going on on all sides.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:10 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'd rather have a completely open internet with offensive (but legal) content than one that has a committe deciding what ideas aren't allowed.
Well we are finally in agreement about something. Tell that to the FCC as they investigate Colbert for offensive speech, because he dared to say something naughty about our openly fascist President.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:22 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Actually while I have read Daily KOS ( I view it as extreme left), and have read some comments-while angry...none of them nearly get as....straight out unhinged and offensive. I rarely read Huffington, and rarely Buzzfeed.

In fact, I read fox news more then those 3 combined. LOL. I read....a LOT. A whole lot. And when interested in a topic, I read a lot more of non-news stuff to see if I can figure out whats real, whats nonsense, and whats FUD.

Oh almost forgot infowars. That can also be really weird.

Theres a LOT of hate going on on all sides.
There is hate going on, but has there ever been peace and harmony in the of history of mankind? The difference now is those that do hate have social media to spread and spout their hate and mostly vent anonymously. People read a story or see a Youtube video and push the narrative all people of this group are to blame for this action or all people of that group are bad. I see it here every time I sign onto CD with threads stirring posters to vent hatred towards 'other'.

Social media opened Pandora's box for haters. I don't believe most Americans, however, are haters.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:31 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Those who purvey Hate on the Internet...

...are simply regurgitating what they've been told on hate radio.

It's SO much easier than thinking.

Thinking is hard.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies