Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2017, 06:25 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Your statement gave me pause. I actually had to stop and think about that. No only does the agenda of the left involve violence (in using the force of the state), but in the last decade, at least, the failure to indoctrinate society as whole to their agenda has led to violence in the form of protests and just the use of language by the left has become much more violent and hysterical.

I will say that the most disturbing aspect of those who proclaim to be on the left of the political spectrum are being pushed along by people who support violence against anyone who holds a different opinion then they do and even against people they claim to be "fighting the good fight" for, when those people do not walk in lock step with their agenda.
Nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 06:28 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Name one thing on the liberal's agenda that does not involve violence.
Improving nutrition for mothers and children.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:30 PM

25,768 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
What is so wrong about left wingers?
Many of them espouse government tyranny, involuntary servitude, and wage slavery. I support none of those three, thus I cannot support liberalism/progressivism. Nearly all of them espouse mindless collectivism over individual liberty and personal responsibility. I do not support that philosophy, thus I cannot support liberalism/progressivism.

"Wrong" is a relative term, but for those who feel as I do, the left wingers are wrong.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:31 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Improving nutrition for mothers and children.
Even THAT is debatable since so many students were aggressively throwing their grub away because it would have been too painful to eat it.

Good nutrition turned into a punishment.

Quote:
=Jstarling;48102286]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket
Your statement gave me pause. I actually had to stop and think about that. No only does the agenda of the left involve violence (in using the force of the state), but in the last decade, at least, the failure to indoctrinate society as whole to their agenda has led to violence in the form of protests and just the use of language by the left has become much more violent and hysterical.

I will say that the most disturbing aspect of those who proclaim to be on the left of the political spectrum are being pushed along by people who support violence against anyone who holds a different opinion then they do and even against people they claim to be "fighting the good fight" for, when those people do not walk in lock step with their agenda.
Nonsense.

Nonsense is to say Liberal violence is nonsense.

Last edited by steven_h; 05-09-2017 at 06:41 PM..

Old 05-09-2017, 06:34 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,278,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Most valid post of the day
Agreed!

Old 05-09-2017, 06:52 PM

863 posts, read 796,077 times
The left needs to stop making everything about government.

The right needs to stop making everything about religion.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:03 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,532,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
LOL. You came to the wrong place to ask this question.

This is a highly partisan board where conservatives can do no wrong and progressives can do no right.
True

Im guessing i would get different answers in the real world cause this is too much i dont know where to start

Old 05-09-2017, 07:06 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,278,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
...i dont know where to start...
We feel the same about you.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:06 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Because taxation for national security is used solely for the protection of the nation and is not taken from one group of individuals to give to another group of individuals for purely political reasons.

That is why the federal government has no role in health care, in LGBT.... issues, in education, in abortion, or in any other issue that is used solely for political purposes and has nothing to do with the protection of the United States and it's citizens or relating to interstate commerce.
Education? Are you saying all education should be private?

Old 05-09-2017, 07:07 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,532,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
We feel the same about you.
?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies