Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Trump nominate a new, impartial FBI director to investigate him now?
Yes 79 29.81%
No 186 70.19%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 06:39 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times

Advertisements

This is also all about prosecuting Hillary Clinton. Mark my words. Comey said there was no "there" there. Sessions and Trump want to prosecute Hillary.

Kill two birds with one stone - stall the investigation into Russian collusion and resurrect the prosecution of Hillary.

It's coming.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:39 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
This is all about prosecuting Hillary Clinton. Mark my words. Comey said there was no "there" there. Sessions and Trump want to prosecute Hillary. Ergo, stall the investigation into Russian collusion and resurrect the prosecution of Hillary.

It's coming.
yay we can act like a third world banana Republic where the losers of a election have hyped up charges brought against them.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:40 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,522,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins_Fan View Post
Comey should've been fired long ago. Better late than never...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Too late that horse already left the barn. Like it not the truth of things will not be suppressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Long overdue.
Yeah my gut tells me that too.

Something just seemed amiss with the whole investigation of her emails. The Abedin Weiner emails, Hillaries money laundering thru the Clinton foundation

Old 05-09-2017, 06:42 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post
If true, this starts to be the equivilant of the firing of Elliot Richardson refusing to fire. the special prosecutor.

History repeats patterns.
Really? Please describe in detail the facts that back up your assertions. Facts other than what the talking heads and the partisan hacks are spewing...

Old 05-09-2017, 06:42 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Because as you yourself posted, "Comey's firing stops nothing." So I can't work out what you and your cohorts are so up in arms about. If there's a "there" there, it will still come out. So sit back and let the process work.
Well, the whole thing is kinda bigger than just whether or not there is something "there". It goes to the heart of whether or not there will ever be a conclusion to the investigation that clearly shows either wrongdoing or not. It goes to the idea that someone who is investigating the prez shouldn't really be able to be fired by the prez, as history shows us with nixon and watergate.

Despite the fact that I, for one, wished that comey would have been removed the minute he spoke out about the clinton investigation, the timing of this termination has an unholy stench to it. I'm glad comey got fired, but it should have been done a long time ago.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:43 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
I'm confused. Is Comey an incompetent fool and traitor who, the Leftists and Hillary claim, lost Clinton the election or the hero of the Left who was going to capture major conspirator Trump? His status with Progressives seems to change daily.

Seriously, Comey lost both the trust of Trump AND the public. He didn't charge Hillary and he lied about the (lack of) evidence in Weinergate.

Or, I guess Comey could be super competent and on track to capture Russian spy, operative, plant Trump who is intent on turning our country into a Communist satellite of Russia.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 05-09-2017 at 06:52 PM..

Old 05-09-2017, 06:44 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Really? Please describe in detail the facts that back up your assertions. Facts other than what the talking heads and the partisan hacks are spewing...
*boggle*

Did you have a history class in high school? Nixon? Watergate?

Old 05-09-2017, 06:44 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Do you seriously think trump is innocent? Really?

Old 05-09-2017, 06:46 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Jeff Sessions, who covered up and lied about meeting Russians in his Senate office, recommended that the guy investigating Trump's Russia connections be canned.
Nothing suspicious there.
So did the democrats . It comes with the job to be in the same room with many others to meet a Russian diplomat. Dems always looking to make an innocent situation into a conspiracy. We all know that Russian conspiracy is a bunch of garbage. Democrats are so dirty they have to invent a conspiracy theory in order to cover up their own filth.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:46 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm confused. Is Comey an incompetent fool and traitor who, the Leftists and Hillary claim, lost Clinton the election or the hero of the Left who was going to capture major conspirator Trump? His status seems to change daily to the Progressives.

Seriously, Comey lost both the trust of the Trump AND the public. He didn't charge Hillary and he lied about the (lack of) extent in Weinergate.

Or, I guess Comey could be super competent and on track to capture Russian spy, operative, plant Trump who is intent on turning our country into a Communist regime.
No, he was fired because he is coming too close to something that would blow open trumps connection with Russia.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies