Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2017, 11:44 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ohhh View Post
See, THIS is why it's possible, OP.

Delusional beliefs like this that are entirely untethered from reality.

A born millionaire who lives in a literally gilded cage, who attended Wharton, and whose entire training for the presidency was a TV reality show is considered by thousands of allegedly sensible human beings to be "a regular guy."

Yeah. Just another Joe Sixpack.

SMH.
Your response to the poster who said Trumps a regular guy, shows how little you understand.

I agree he is now not just a regular guy and that comment is a bit of an overstatement.

However, Trump's mother was from a poverty stricken family and his father was from a middle class/merchant type family.

His paternal grandfather had some success out west with a tavern or hotel, I don't remember exactly and then of course his father made it big in NY Real Estate.

Despite that, his father never moved the family out of their middle class home.

Trump is only one generation removed from poverty/working class/middle class roots and he grew up in a middle class neighborhood.

Those roots do not die overnight or in one generation. Hence why he is able to understand/relate to working/middle class folks.

Also, why he does not comport himself, as people would expect wealthy people from many generations of wealth to comport themselves.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:47 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Really? No idea? Are you following Trump's tweets and the current controversies? The concerns over his lack of regard for White House protocol? Seriously? He has NOT done everything he said, and in fact has reversed himself on issues which has caused some of his loyal followers to reject him.

And as for the jobs he supposedly is bringing to the US, corrections have been made by the companies he said he did this with. They confirm that he in fact had nothing to do with the jobs they are adding.

More to the point: I am asking Republicans to respond and help me understand their positions.
I think this has been questioned for a some time and what I have seen is that there are no real answers to that, except defending or stating generalities such as, he is "doing a good job", "is patriotic", etc., seemingly overlooking the obvious. Rather than looking at something analytically, realistically, honestly, emotionally, rationally, sensitively, etc., it is a different mindset. I don't know if there will be the kinds of answers you seek.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:50 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Thank you jbcmh81; this is one of the most thought-provoking, intelligent posts in this entire thread. Obviously the responses have gone off-track which I should have expected. I do see, and maybe I'm being naive, but I feel that in reading some of the comments by some Republicans here that there may be a chance that I may see, in my lifetime, people as a whole coming together as Americans rather than "red" or "blue" to require that our government make decisions that are in the best interest of our people and our country rather than in the interest of their own pockets and those of their cronies. This craziness and lack of concern, not to mention most probably multiple acts of treason and disregard for legalities, just cannot keep going on...we either get it corrected and properly channeled, or something is going to explode and it won't be pretty for any of us.
Wow.........how casually you throw the word treason out there and you wonder why people see Liberals as deranged.

Treason should be a words reserved for a sentencing after due process.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:46 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
This administration is making all of us go crazy-- nothing is off the table and nothing is SAFE_
trumpettes wanted someone to drain a swamp and make a ruckus in DC- well dears- the country will continue to become unhinged and we will become more and more unstable as a nation- Some changed is needed- but this spinning out of control stuff- will only damage the very threads of our unity as a nation... yes we bicker and disagree- but this is going much, deeper-- our core is being destroyed.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:50 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I am not a Republican but I have no idea what you are talking about. Trump has done everything he said he would do (or is trying). He is also bringing many jobs and deals to the US.
What deals? Where? What do yo know that none of us do.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:57 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The only "turmoil" was caused by Trump haters. He tried to appoint a good judge that was unanimously appointed to the circuit court and liberals refused to confirm him. He tried to prevent terrorists from coming here and unelected low level so-called judges ruled against him. Every day the media makes up a new dumb story about russian influence or hacking or collusion and supports it with screenshots from video games. The only chaos here is coming from Trump haters.
Trump surrounded himself with dubious characters who have links to Russia. Flynn and Manafort stand out and are being investigated. This is not made up, fake news or a hoax. It seems that team Trump did not "extreme vet" or vet at all these people. Now they are paying the price.

Team Trump setup an elaborate explanation of why he fired Comey by saying it was all on Rosenstein's recommendation and Trump left them out to dry and exposed them as liars as Trump said it was all him and he decided before he met with Rosenstein and Sessions (who was supposed to be reused). These are all facts. And we haven't even touched the daily lies that Trump keeps perpetrating (Clapper said Trump was innocent, Trump threatens Comey with secret tapes or that Comey told Trump he was not under investigation - 3 times).

Old 05-15-2017, 06:01 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Very accurate assessment.

Liberals who cannot see/admit that the MSM has launched an all out war against Trump from the very beginning are either intellectually dishonest or bamboozled by that same media.
You act like this stuff about him is made up--- OPEN YOUR EYES and Smell the COFFEE_ it s not just media- his own history- his own words -his own actions! Stop listening to any TV- radio or internet news- for a month and only read his OWN tweets and words- and watch his actions on youtube- or whatever- with NO comments-- commentaries or evaluations- then come back -

Old 05-15-2017, 07:50 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
And you resort to personal attacks when your argument falls apart.
It didn't fall apart though, you refused to actually look at the facts because you have an obvious personal bias from working in law enforcement.

Old 05-15-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Who is applauding? People seriously need to be better at reading comprehension.
You wrote that as if it was a positive trait.

Old 05-15-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL safe act isn't anti 2A

Go take my AR or AK to a gun range in NY. Or my Glock 17 or 19 to NY.

See you in 30 years.

NY has always had back ground checks. Everyone everywhere has to pass a back ground check to purchase a firearm. Word of advice buttercup, don't ever enter a battle of the wits ill prepared on subjects you are clueless about. Better research how an arbitrary law was drafted over night turning lawful abiding citizens into felons if in possession of any sporting rifle equipped with features or hold more than 7 rounds.

As for the rest of your drivel there's no helping you. May as well be a zombie you're about as daft as one.
It's interesting how defensive gun owners get on common sense rules. If only they valued the rest of the Constitution as much as the 2nd, and they might be horrified by Trump. The obsession over protecting deadly weapons from any limitations whatsoever is completely bizarre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies