Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 06:59 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,900,630 times

Advertisements

I've never disliked someone for political views, but I also don't care to talk about politics outside of an election cycle. I dislike people who constantly talk politics regardless of political view and I dislike some people because of their personalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 07:03 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
[snip]So. Be a racist. No one cares. I thought you were one anyway.

As long as you keep it to yourself and don't attempt to get out of your place, that's your business.
Back at ya, DD. "So. Be a racist".

I'm new to this potential way of thinking. It is only within the last 6 months I've considered re-evaluating my position on blacks hatred toward whites and it is getting stronger with each new encounter or press story of anti-white racism.

You are way ahead of me in racist thought, but I may be catching up.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:18 PM

19,777 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
If you're an American, do you see a fellow American who has opposing political views to your own as someone you would wish ill will upon?
I pretty much hate the far right. They hijacked my party and I loathe them. I ridicule them publicly and on-line at every chance I can get. I could care less about them on a human level as well.

Pretty much despise them in totality.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:22 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
If you're an American, do you see a fellow American who has opposing political views to your own as someone you would wish ill will upon?
I'd never wish harm on anyone... especially over stupid political views.

The only thing I wish is that the extremists on both sides would just find a place to congregate and leave the 90% of moderates, on both sides, the hell alone. Let the country come back to reality and a constitution loving government that doesn't twist the interpretation of every damn thing to crush freedom loving citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I pretty much hate the far right. They hijacked my party and I loathe them. I ridicule them publicly and on-line at every chance I can get. I could care less about them on a human level as well.

Pretty much despise them in totality.
So... are you a liberal democrat now?

You can't chastise the far right without calling out the far left; which are far more extreme, far more violent, and umpteen times more insidious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

I'm new to this potential way of thinking. It is only within the last 6 months I've considered re-evaluating my position on blacks hatred toward whites and it is getting stronger with each new encounter or press story of anti-white racism.

Becoming a white racist to counter a black racist only makes two racists. You see it for what it is, understand what's happening, so just be content that you won't join the hate and the racism will die out at some point.

I look forward to a time when anyone who spews their racist ideology is completely ignored rather than placed on a pedestal.

Last edited by steven_h; 05-13-2017 at 07:30 PM..

Old 05-13-2017, 07:22 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

Answer this for me. I've dealt with alot of anti-Black bias and racism in my lifetime. I have not once considered becoming a racist. I can give my reasons. But why do you think I have not taken on that mentality? I want you to really think about that.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:24 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Harm? No.

A failed agenda? Yes.
Exactly. I do believe some people are full of rage, but most of us "normal" people just have different viewpoints.

I put normal in quotes, since some people wouldn't put me in that category since I often dance to the music of a different drummer. lol

Old 05-13-2017, 07:26 PM

19,777 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I'd never wish harm on anyone... especially over stupid political views.

The only thing I wish is that the extremists on both sides would just find a place to congregate and leave the 90% of moderates, on both sides, the hell alone. Let the country come back to reality and a constitution loving government that doesn't twist the interpretation of every damn thing to crush freedom loving citizens.

So... are you a liberal democrat now?

You can't chastise the far right without calling out the far left; which are far more extreme, far more violent, and umpteen times more insidious.
No, I loathe the liberal left too. However I hate the people that hijacked the right MORE. They are the one's dragging the country in to an abyss.

Not that hard to understand.

I'm socially liberal, fiscally conservative. Kind of like William Buckley.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:28 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Do you not hate the people who just want to put a gun on your head and divvy up your legally earned money?

Old 05-13-2017, 07:40 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
If only Timothy Mcveigh could have gathered-up all Toiletocrats into one room, and...........just sayin!!!!

Old 05-13-2017, 07:41 PM

800 posts, read 508,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Americans have always hated each other.
Hate may be too strong a term in the case of some people, but there is strong lines of division to put it mildly.

People tend to get along best in smaller tribes. We typically only really care about those we know. Its easy to screw over people if they're just data, names or numbers on a screen that live thousands of miles away. This country is a bit too divided and diverse for its own good, and its amazing that it can even function as well as it actually does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies