Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 07:41 PM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times

Advertisements

I don't hate anyone unless they have engaged in some heinous act. I certainly don't hate the liberal idiots that are my neighbors or posters on this message board...I feel sorry for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 07:43 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
If you're an American, do you see a fellow American who has opposing political views to your own as someone you would wish ill will upon?
In real life, people don't really talk about politics with strangers. People are generally friendly, usually hold the door open until you reach for the door, people say thank you, please, you're welcome. It's very different from a political forum. Political forums is where people can vent all their built up tension.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:50 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,814,451 times
This is a small sample size but in my family there are liberals, moderates and conservatives. There are two who yell at the TV news all the time and obviously have real hatred in their heart and both are conservatives. Not all the conservatives in my family are like that. I live in Minneapolis so most of my friends and acquaintances here are on the left side of the spectrum, I have never seen any of them act like that. It seems like most "liberals" are actually fairly apolitical most of the time outside of the voting booth. A large number of "conservatives" are too.

As far as racial animosity goes, I am a white person who has worked in mixed, majority minority work places for my entire adult life (I'm 47). I've never had anyone be hostile to me because of my race. I find that black people are often wary of white people before they know them well, but outright hostility usually has to be earned.

Last edited by Drewcifer; 05-13-2017 at 08:06 PM..

Old 05-13-2017, 07:56 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Answer this for me. I've dealt with alot of anti-Black bias and racism in my lifetime. I have not once considered becoming a racist. I can give my reasons. But why do you think I have not taken on that mentality? I want you to really think about that.
So what. I dealt with discrimination my whole life. I flipped on the jungle gym in grade school in a dress and was sent home because I was a girl and showed my underwear. Girls weren't allowed to wear pants. I was the best quarterback on my neighborhood football team for 10 years, but was relegated to cheerleader for the boys in junior high and high school. I was the first woman hired, in my field, at my company. I was one of three women who graduated at my college in my field out of 600 students. Think all of that was easy to swallow?

I don't hate men. I love them. I changed the system, along with my feminist sisters, by earning my place, not by hating on the men but because I was good at my job.

Blacks are not using the same techniques. The message by black leaders and democrats is hate whites. Earn your place and quit whining!

Last edited by texan2yankee; 05-13-2017 at 08:37 PM..

Old 05-13-2017, 08:03 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
If you're an American, do you see a fellow American who has opposing political views to your own as someone you would wish ill will upon?
No, not at all.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:12 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
No. But, more and more, I avoid extremists on both sides and if they happen to be in my social circle, I never discuss politics with them, because its an exercise in futility and the results are always irrational.

I hung up on my own mother last year when she inferred that my objection to something Obama did was rascist lol. This is a woman who grew up saying the N word for a large part of her life until she suddenly became enthralled with Obama. It was just too ridiculous.

At least she had the good grace to apologize.

One thing I have noticed, is that liberals even one smidge left of center are hyper emotional in their beliefs.

I have to say, that aggravates the heck out of me and I tend to lose respect for those who cant have rational discussions. I usually relegate those friends to shopping outings, or lunch without discussion of politics, etc.

Cant take them seriously and usually lose interest in them, because frankly they are just boring.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:43 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
So what. I dealt with discrimination my whole life. I flipped on the jungle gym in grade school in a dress and was sent home because I was a girl and showed my underwear. Girls weren't allowed to wear pants. I was the best quarterback on my neighborhood football team for 10 years, but was relegated to cheerleader for the boys in junior high and high school. I was the first woman hired, in my field, at my company. Think that was easy to swallow?

I don't hate men. I love them. I changed the system, along with my feminist sisters, by earning my place, not by hating on the men but because I was good at my job.

Blacks are not using the same techniques. The message by black leaders and democrats is hate whites. Earn your place and quit whining!
I asked you to answer the question. If you can't do that, then you have a problem.

I've dealt with racism and discrimination in my lifetime as well. I worked at a job where I was one of 2 Blacks on the jobs in what was a mostly Hispanic workstaff. I got called all kinds of racial slurs, and the management did nothing about it. I eventually quit that job.

Middle school. Two boys tripped me, while I was in a leg cast, on purpose. Told the principal about it, and the principal did NOTHING about it. I found out later that due to some allegations regarding the principal being racially biased in the way she disciplined students, she resigned.

High school, I dealt with some students telling me there were going to hang me by a rope. On the flip side, I dealt with some kids saying "you act White". This in addition to being called the "N" word several times, and some other slurs. And yet, I still found it in me to have White friends.

As for being a girl, I got subjected to something similar. When I was in grade school, two girls pushed me around. Both of them bigger than me. When I accidentally stopped them from doing this(no one even got hurt), one of them whined to the teacher, and the teacher took her side.

Earn my place and quit whining? I've already done that. I worked my butt off in college and worked hard for the job I have. And this after a long stretch of being unemployed. If I can go through what I went through and come out without being a racist, then you are the one with a problem, not me.

Let me tell you this. If standing up for yourself is considering "whining", then you have a problem. If you really think most Blacks hate Whites, you are thinking in a delusional way. I work with Blacks and Whites and I don't see anyone hating on anyone. We go to work and do our jobs. Not saying there aren't Blacks who hate Whites. I've brought it up. I'm saying that if you think the majority of Blacks hate Whites, you have a problem.

Now answer my question. How have I not become a racist considering what I've dealt with?

Old 05-13-2017, 08:48 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times
yes

Old 05-13-2017, 08:50 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Since when hasn't there been any hatred between fellow Americans?

Old 05-13-2017, 09:11 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Nope - your posts on here demonstrate that you are a racist bigot and proud of it, so you can not also be a liberal. But have a nice day.
really? DD has never been racist towards me, he is black and i am white. as for his political leanings, yes indeed he is liberal, you might want to read some of his previous posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies