Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 08:12 AM

10,808 posts, read 4,362,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I totally disagree. I don't know anyone who is pro-Trump right now. Even die-hard Trump supporters have turned their back.
The same as 2016, it was very easy to say you were a Clinton supporter, but suicide to say you were a Trump supporter.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:13 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,477,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
My gosh, this is so embarrassing for our country.

Meanwhile, Putin and his cronies are laughing their asses off at the dysfunction they're causing.
Russians Actually Are ‘Laughing Up Their Sleeves’ at the United States - But not in the way Donald Trump thinks.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:14 AM

6,161 posts, read 7,236,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Intelligence agencies need to withhold vital information from Trump. It's obvious he can't be trusted with it.
And Trump had the nerve to talk about Hilliary's handling of classified information on her email server. Trump directly revealed classified information to the Russians. The irony is beyond belief.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:15 AM

13,697 posts, read 9,024,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalentedDrinker View Post
Was it fake news when WaPo broke Watergate?
As an adult during the Watergate years, I am competent to answer that.

Yes, although the term 'fake news' was not used. After all, there was no internet. All you had was newspapers, radio and the three major networks.

However, you did have people that were ready to proclaim that the Watergate break-in was not important. That the President did not order the break-in (which is true), and that only Nixon's enemies (of which Mr. Nixon literally kept a list), were concerned about such a trivial event.

During the 1972 election I was but 17, so too young to vote. However, I was for Mr. Nixon (since he was going to get us out of Vietnam, "Peace with Honor"). Since I would turn 18 in 1973, I also liked the thought of getting rid of the draft (my number in the last lottery was something like 150).

One reason I kept supporting Mr. Nixon as the Watergate investigation unfolded was my youth: once a person's mindset is that they are 'for' somebody, it can take a lot to get them to change their mind about said person. As I grew older, I jettisoned such a mindset (which is on ample display herein).

Secondly, I was persuaded by the radio commentator, Paul Harvey. As I look back now, I can see that Mr. Harvey kept up his support for Mr. Nixon perhaps too long. I think only with the Saturday Night Massacre in October 1973 did Mr. Harvey begin to temper his enthusiasm for Mr. Nixon. Once the tapes became public (and even then heavily redacted), even Mr. Harvey realized that he had hitched his wagon to a falling star; being impressionable, I also realized that Mr. Nixon must go.

If I were 61 (as I am now) in 1973, I probably would have turned against Mr. Nixon much earlier.

Anyway, Nixon had his supporters virtually up to his resignation in August 1974. They decried all new information as being without foundation, which we now refer to, in part, as fake news.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:15 AM

10,808 posts, read 4,362,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
You REALLY believe that?
Toooooooooo funny!

Good luck with that.

The way things are going, Trump isn't even going to make to 2020.

Ken
You further reveal your lack of knowledge regarding how difficult it is to gather enough support to impeach the President.
And once those big tax cuts arrive, its a cake walk to 8 years of Trump.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:16 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,351,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
And Trump had the nerve to talk about Hilliary's handling of classified information on her email server. Trump directly revealed classified information to the Russians. The irony is beyond belief.
"LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!"

Ken

Old 05-16-2017, 08:20 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,977,188 times
Who wants to place a bet that Trump holds another campaign rally ASAP? No wonder Melania can't stand being around him.

16,345 posts, read 18,087,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
I'm not talking about Trump supporters, I'm talking about Independents.
Very easy to sway independents to Trump now, because the Democrat mainstream media have made it impossible for most people to go blue.
Also makes it difficult for people to answer polls, because pollsters represent the media and I suspect more people ignore pollsters now than ever before.
So not only are the Dems losing, they are losing unable to measure how much they are losing.
Yeah, okay.

4,996 posts, read 2,448,710 times
Quote:
You further reveal your lack of knowledge regarding how difficult it is to gather enough support to impeach the President.
And once those big tax cuts arrive, its a cake walk to 8 years of Trump.
I don't think he'll be impeached...but I also don't think he'll run in 2020.
The damage to his brand is just to severe. Those swing voters that put him over the top in 2016...not going to be there for him a second time.

BTW..I'm Independent...and so are many i know..all of us used to be Republican..guess what changed our mind??

Old 05-16-2017, 08:22 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,764,136 times
Quote:
The same as 2016, it was very easy to say you were a Clinton supporter, but suicide to say you were a Trump supporter.
Once he won, they came out of the woodwork admitting they supported him. Now they are saying they regret voting for him or want him out of office.

You could be absolutely right, however from what I have heard among my Trump supporting friends and Independents they wouldn't vote for him again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies