Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 08:22 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Have you ever met a person who claimed to be a fan of the mainstream media?
I haven't.
The mainstream media is playing right into President Trump's hands by hating on him.
I think President Trump will win even more independents in 2020 than 2016, because of the mainstream media's behavior.
I am a fan!

In fact I follow only two people on Twitter and one is a reporter for .... wait for it....the Washington Post. His name is Philip Bump and I find his reporting well researched and worth reading.

Recently he was comparing how the GOP continued to support Nixon despite Watergate.

The other person I follow is Preet Bharara.

Here is an excellent example of Philip Bump's writing...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b071f426546a

Old 05-16-2017, 08:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
What does this have to do with anything? It's like Trump supporters are just throwing out whatever they can, pointing as many fingers at as many people they are able to or spouting every off-topic tangent they can think of hoping someone takes it seriously.

You brought up Germany in the 1930's. I agreed and went farther than you did to see the big picture, not the walls of the echo chamber you are living in.

The Globalist have been encroaching and then completely taking our liberties and god given rights, so a one world government will rule over us, without a constitution to protect our individual rights as humans.

The federal government does so many things that are totally unconstitutional, because 5 people in black robes say it is OK. When the text clearly says it is not. If we worked off of intent, instead of the text of the law, we would not have anchor babies running around everywhere like parasites.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:24 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,004,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
You further reveal your lack of knowledge regarding how difficult it is to gather enough support to impeach the President.
And once those big tax cuts arrive, its a cake walk to 8 years of Trump.
Yes, once President Trump and the Republican Congress push through these tax cuts for the wealthy, the average worker will no doubt get behind them.

Say, did you see where Mr. Trump's tax proposal would limit mortgage deductions for many, or those whose mortgage is less than $600,000? And that your payment of local property taxes would no longer be deductible?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-for-millions

And let us not forget getting rid of the estate tax, which would allow the wealthiest Americans to pass their wealth, tax-free, to their children, and to their children after that. It will be just like Old England!

Old 05-16-2017, 08:24 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,441,195 times
And how in the world would former anyone know anything about this unless SOMEONE else is leaking the info.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:25 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,050,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You brought up Germany in the 1930's. I agreed and went farther than you did to see the big picture, not the walls of the echo chamber you are living in.

The Globalist have been encroaching and then completely taking our liberties and god given rights, so a one world government will rule over us, without a constitution to protect our individual rights as humans.

The federal government does so many things that are totally unconstitutional, because 5 people in black robes say it is OK. When the text clearly says it is not.
Yeah, while I don't disagree that civil liberties have been taking their hits over the years, I'm not quite ready to go tin-foil hat and embrace the "one-world government" conspiracy, sorry.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:29 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,443,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

The federal government does so many things that are totally unconstitutional, because 5 people in black robes say it is OK. When the text clearly says it is not. If we worked of intent instead of the text of the law, we would not have anchor babies running around everywhere like parasites.
Geez Bent..really? I don't know about your liberties..but mine are doing just fine. 'God given rights"? Well..leaving aside The whole 'God' exists thing--If He/She does exist..all we get out of Him/Her is life..and death. Everything else is on us. The whole concept of 'Rights' is man-made..and fairly recent, at that.

C'mon...explain to us how this post was, in any way, relevant to the topic at hand...I dare ya!

Old 05-16-2017, 08:30 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,004,356 times
President Trump does have his supporters. One is President Putin, apparently:

Donald Trump latest: Live updates from Washington - CNNPolitics.com

"Russian President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman, Dimitry Peskov, continued to insist that the story of Trump sharing classified intelligence with Russian officials was “nonsense,” even after Trump tweeted about his "absolute right" to share information with Russia."

Of course, given Mr. Trump's propensity for lying, no doubt the Russians thought that what Mr. Trump was saying was false information.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:31 AM

313 posts, read 152,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
And across the Atlantic Ocean to a place that drinks a lot of vodka.
I prefer Jagermeister actually. Vodka is gross.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
so to be clear you would rather see your family and friends lose everything to sate your ego?
We have nothing to lose so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
nice deflecting but the US national security services say BS, they say you are wrong and the whole world already know it. The Trumpers know it, the GOP supporters know and you know it.
17 departments say it was Russia. the 5 eye say Russia. the whole world know it.

Trump is being exposed as a lacky of Putin's.
Wrong.

Oh and I am fascinated a FAKE story is still going 80 plus pages later...lol's the left is like a child with ADHD....this will keep their attention only so long until Trump trolls the crybaby left with something else.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:34 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,564,393 times
In essence, he gave intelligence on ISIS which could be used to thwart their attacks. This is not inconsistent with recent trends in Syria where there has been some cooperation between anti-ISIS forces backed by the US and Russia.

Syrian Army, Kurdish forces team up against ISIS in Aleppo

Old 05-16-2017, 08:36 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,684 times
Philip Bump goes over the three press releases by the Three Stooges and shows where they are in agreement with the original Washington Post story and then discusses the Trump tweets.

See https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b071f426546a

"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies