Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 03:25 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times

Advertisements

Jury finds Tulsa Police Officer Betty Shelby not guilty in fatal shooting of unarmed man | KFOR.com

Not guilty!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 03:39 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Interesting

Old 05-18-2017, 03:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
The moral of the story here is if you are a police officer, just lie, you will likely get away with it.

Old 05-18-2017, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The moral of the story here is if you are a police officer, just lie, you will likely get away with it.
Or how about this novel concept,,,,listen to the police. I know I know I know its just too difficult to follow instructions. Oh that's right he was on PCP!

Old 05-18-2017, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Or how about this novel concept,,,,listen to the police. I know I know I know its just too difficult to follow instructions. Oh that's right he was on PCP!
I don't expect you to understand why we can't continue to simply allow the police to lie.

Old 05-18-2017, 03:59 AM

Quote:
I don't expect you to understand why we can't continue to simply allow the police to lie.
Went to a jury and obviously they believed what she said. Next time listen to the cops.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:02 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
How about you go out and deal with some of the situations and idiots that our LE have to deal with on a daily basis, then tell us what it is like ? So easy to be an armchair quarterback, but get out there, in the real world, not in your comfy computer chair, and maybe you will understand why it is not as simple as you might think.

Most of us have been stopped by police at one time or another, and we always seem to go home alive that night........maybe because we don't resist or give them cause for concern. The people who end up arrested or dead generally bring it on themselves.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
How about you go out and deal with some of the situations and idiots that our LE have to deal with on a daily basis, then tell us what it is like ? So easy to be an armchair quarterback, but get out there, in the real world, not in your comfy computer chair, and maybe you will understand why it is not as simple as you might think.

Most of us have been stopped by police at one time or another, and we always seem to go home alive that night........maybe because we don't resist or give them cause for concern. The people who end up arrested or dead generally bring it on themselves.
Correct. Its difficult for some to understand.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
There is no excuse for lying. Who was at risk here?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.148e72a8f845

Just do what you are told? He was doing what he was told to do and had done nothing wrong to start with.

Quote:
Most doesn't cut it. Generally doesn't cut it. Stop the lies.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:25 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
There is no excuse for lying. Who was at risk here?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.148e72a8f845

Just do what you are told? He was doing what he was told to do and had done nothing wrong to start with.

Most doesn't cut it. Generally doesn't cut it. Stop the lies.
Wrong story pknopp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies