Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 10:19 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,424,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
So, which link discusses this evidence? I looked at the link above this paragraph and the one below. The one above is about the guy that lied to Pence and got canned immediately from Trump's Cabinet. If anything, that shows that Trump will not put up with people in his administration who lie and possibly collude with Russia.

Show us a link that supports what you say, otherwise you are FAKE POSTING!
See post 173, which includes this information:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ergate-18.html

Trump's own sons allegedly once admitted that Trump's real estate properties had benefited from Russian investors, and yet Trump now personally denies this. Of course, only Trumpies believe anything that Trump says as gospel truth.

<<“So when I got in the cart with Eric,” Dodson says, “as we were setting off, I said, ‘Eric, who’s funding? I know no banks—because of the recession, the Great Recession—have touched a golf course. You know, no one’s funding any kind of golf construction. It’s dead in the water the last four or five years.’ And this is what he said. He said, ‘Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.’ I said, ‘Really?’ And he said, ‘Oh, yeah. We’ve got some guys that really, really love golf, and they’re really invested in our programs. We just go there all the time.’ Now that was three years ago, so it was pretty interesting.”>>

Eric Trump Reportedly Bragged About Access to $100 Million in Russian | Vanity Fair

If the Russians did finance this golf course, Trump is toast, given his denials of Russian financial connections, which if they exist, obviously puts Trump in a compromised position versus Putin and the Russians. No wonder Trump is considering shutting down Mueller's independent counsel investigation. The financing of Trump's projects should be investigated, as explained repeatedly Trump's actions and statements regarding Russia seem contrary to the best interests of the U.S. and the American people.

And in the same post:

<<To expand his real estate developments over the years, Donald Trump, his company and partners repeatedly turned to wealthy Russians and oligarchs from former Soviet republics — several allegedly connected to organized crime, according to a USA TODAY review of court cases, government and legal documents and an interview with a former federal prosecutor.

The president and his companies have been linked to at least 10 wealthy former Soviet businessmen with alleged ties to criminal organizations or money laundering.>>

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rime/98321252/

Trumpies will scream "fake news" despite the obvious concerns raised by these articles that even a smart 8th grader would understand. Did the Trumps rely on Russian financing, contrary to their claims today, but not in the past?

What I don't understand if Trump is innocent of these charges, why do Trumpies oppose any investigation to find out the truth? Don't they understand the danger to the country posed by a lying, compromised President?

Also, read about Jared Kushner's mounting financial problems and contacts with the Russians, perhaps to arrange a financial bail-out for his family, in post 179.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ergate-18.html

All I can is slimy, and that fortunately an overwhelming majority of the Senate does not trust Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.5a5636eb313e

At least Republican Senators are not totally infected by the Trumpie virus.

Old 07-02-2017, 10:28 AM

51,648 posts, read 25,800,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
To me, it appears that the Dems have always supported their own and deflect investigations. And the MSM assists them in downplaying Democrat shenanigans.
Put on your glasses then.

Republicans go after Democrats with a vengeance. Bill Clinton was under investigation for years before they finally caught him in a lie about a blow job.

If there were crimes to be found, you can bet that Republicans would have zeroed in on them. It's not like they cut Democrats any slack.

Old 07-02-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Democrats had a total of 3 executive branch officials indicted with 1 conviction and 1 prison sentence.

Republicans have had a total of 120 criminal indictments of executive branch officials. 89 criminal convictions. 34 prison sentences.

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/...ump-Appointees

Republicans have been, by far, the most criminally corrupt party to hold the office of the presidency.
120 criminal indictments versus 3.

89 criminal convictions verus 1

34 prison sentences versus 1

Republican administrations have a history of being corrupt and it's not because Democrats don't investigate their own. Republicans are fine with that responsibility. If Republicans can't find a conspiracy, they are fine with making one up.

They've done it so often, they don't recognize a real one when they see it.

Old 07-02-2017, 10:37 AM

I don't recall all the diversionary tactics. I don't remember Nixon accusing LBJ of wiretapping him. I don't recall him getting into spats with the press.

Did he?

Old 07-02-2017, 03:48 PM

35,034 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It's known Russia has influenced this election (as well as many others around the world) with propaganda cyber-campaigns, tried to hack into our voting machines (source: https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/...2016-election/) and stole voter data (source: Russian Hacking on Election More Widespread Than Reported | Time.com).
What's not known is whether the Trump campaign was complicit. It is a huge red flag that the Trump administration has completely ignored Russian attempts to influence the election, but the independent committee will hopefully find the truth of whether or not there was complicity.
OK, would the (Hillary) Clinton Administration have investigated this Russia thing if they won?

Old 07-02-2017, 03:49 PM

35,034 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Nixon said it was though; until he could no longer deny it. He also said that it was just the Democrats being mad because they lost the election.

Sound familiar?
The difference was that the Democrat loss of the 1972 election was no surprise. 2016 was a surprise and the Democrats are pretending they really won. Or somehow were entitled to win.

Entitled people denied their way have another name; spoiled brats.

Old 07-02-2017, 03:51 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Watching this investigation unfold (as Trump continues to mentally melt down) will be very interesting. Also similar, Nixon's supporters stuck with him until the bitter end, and probably the Trump cult will stick with him until the bitter end as well.
Gonna be a very sad day for you when they close it down after finding nothing.

Just like Nov. 8th I suspect.

There is absolutely no comparison to Watergate.

Old 07-02-2017, 03:52 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The difference was that the Democrat loss of the 1972 election was no surprise. 2016 was a surprise and the Democrats are pretending they really won. Or somehow were entitled to win.

Well said.
  • 1972 - Media exposed a crooked President.
  • 2016 - President candidate exposed a crooked Media.
Trump's Presidential win will go down as one of the must stunning upsets in modern history. Though, those of us, smart enough to pay no mind to the idiotic media of 2016 already knew he would win. I said it here many many many times on this forum.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:35 PM

16,075 posts, read 10,735,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I don't recall all the diversionary tactics. I don't remember Nixon accusing LBJ of wiretapping him. I don't recall him getting into spats with the press.

Did he?
Nixon had a well developed enemies list with all sorts of people but few that we might easily recognize today other than Paul Newman and maybe Daniel Schorr. He seemed fixated on individuals rather than whole industries or groups. Nixon's paranoia was more focused and perhaps even more rational than Trump's. Trump is so irrational and unstable that he flits from pillar to post on who is his enemy on any given day. We have seen that with Comey and others. He is so fearful that it makes him feel good and stronger to publicly disrespect people who share unflattering opinions of him or his actions. Nixon kept his list secret and worked behind the scenes.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,519,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

Yes, Trump is certainly a spoiled brat and he proves it daily.

That said, despite your point being that the Democrats lost in 1972 and were expected to lose - it STILL didn't stop Nixon from peddling 'fake news" and blaming it on the Democrats loss.

Same thing Trump does and the right wing media sycophants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies