Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is this a Significant Person of Interest close to POTUS
POTUS himself Donald Trump 3 4.41%
VP Pence 1 1.47%
Son in law Kushner 42 61.76%
Bannon 2 2.94%
Ross 4 5.88%
Other not listed 3 4.41%
No one it is fake news 13 19.12%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 12:24 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Sebastian Gorka still appears to have a questionable security clearance. He has become an outcast it seems.

"Folks in the NSC have caught on and are talking to him less," the source said."

Between Trump and McMaster lie 'ferocious' internal politics - NBC Montana
I found this to be particularly disturbing:
Quote:
Trump can be reckless with sensitive information.Sources who spoke to CNN would not go on the record due to the sensitive nature of the material being discussed. To a person, they expressed admiration for McMaster.

"You can't say what not to say," the source said, "because that will then be one of the first things he'll say."
Borne out by his ROATM with the Russians. We all know someone who will disclose things they shouldn't. Guess we've elected one of these people.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:34 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
It's great that he loves his daughter so much but he really should know better than to drag her and her husband into status of top advisors. Give them some honorary position and that's okay but don't bring your family who also run business that have international dealings this deeply into the mix. That's asking for trouble. Makes you wonder where he get these crazy ideas that he should do such things. Is it arrogance? Too great to fall?
Its practicality. Trump can not live/function without them. They are, in essence, his caretakers.

Without either of them he is (and possibly will be) totally lost in every way imaginable.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:53 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Me three. This whole "average people" can step into government and run it effectively is hogwash.

First off, the Trumps are the same elitist that his supporters rail against. A NYC billionaire (maybe) who lives in a penthouse is looking out for their interests?

Second, they have no experience on how the government works. If they watch the School House Rocks "How a bill becomes a law" it would increase their knowledge of government by an order of magnitude.

And this whole "we need a business man" to run the country or we can run the country like we did 200 years ago when we were a nation of farmers is more hogwash. Because it's not like things are more complicated than they were in 1800, when the US population was about 5 million people, right?
What I said was not about Trump. Trump is every bit as eligible to be POTUS as a community organizer. My point was not about Trump...but you sure twisted that all around when quoting me. My point was that his daughter and son in law should not be in those roles. I didn't elect Ivanka and Jared, and I do not agree with Trump putting them there simply because he is close with his kids.

I like Ivanka, don't particularly like Jared, and we do need a businessman to run the country as politicians have proven that they can't do jack all except destroy it more. Regardless if I like Ivanka or not, it's not the right role for her, and bringing along the son in law because of Ivanka was not a good decision...because he IS a globalist.

Despite what you think, Trump is for America first. I don't care if he is a billionaire, and I wouldn't care about any other politican being a billionaire, it's when they get favors from special interest groups and lobbyists that I call them elitist. I'd prefer politicians actually know how to run a business and have money so that they can NOT be bought off.

Look at how many politicians go in with a certain amount of money, only get paid a certain amount each year, yet end up millionaires during their time in or afterwards. Those are people you need to watch out for.

But go ahead and keep beating that anti-Trump drum. I'm not sorry that the Dems lost. I find the poutrage to be funny. Still.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:06 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,130 times
3 Wolves

I concur with much and do believe Trump really does have a desire to put America first.

However, I also firmly believe:

He had undue support from foreign actors to gain. his position.

He is not capable of performing the duties of his office. Hence he must have handlers who in turn become the real power brokers that America did not vote for.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:47 AM

More on the case against Kushner

Blog: Is Jared Kushner under criminal investigation for Russia ties?

Old 05-20-2017, 05:41 AM

Motive? what would Kushner's motive be?

Old 05-20-2017, 07:49 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What I said was not about Trump. Trump is every bit as eligible to be POTUS as a community organizer.
I stopped right here in reading your post because it's obvious, when one begins in such a disingenuous manner, the rest of their post will follow suit.

President Obama was a law professor, a civil rights attorney, a state senator and then a U.S. senator. All of which you know, but you choose to pretend otherwise. That history, however, is what part of what made President Obama vastly more capable of governing than his predecessor, which is being proven out every single day since Trump took office.

As for the poll, it looks like Jared wins! Or loses, depending on your point of view. It's interesting how everybody thinks it's him.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:04 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Reuters says "Advisor"

A senior White House adviser is a significant person of interest in the law enforcement investigation of possible ties between Donald Trump's election campaign and Russia,

Doesn't that narrow the field?

source New Russia probe leaks threaten to derail Trump's foreign trip | Reuters
The Washington Post, citing sources familiar with the matter, did not identify the senior Trump adviser except to say that the person of interest was close to Trump, a Republican who entered the White House four months ago.

I thought it could be the son-in-law but I think he is still a democrat.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:05 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Jared Kushner just cleared out his Twitter account, deleted ALL his tweets.
Interesting.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:09 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
That whole Administration is one giant cesspool. It could be anyone.

True, but I'm leaning towards his son-in-law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies