Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2017, 11:26 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times

Advertisements

Thousands of years of language have not provided mankind with the necessary words to describe how stupid this thread is, so I must regrettably leave it as "very stupid."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 05:00 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
For many of the Trump supporters I've spoken to, that IS it. They will defend him because he is from their party. They are blinded to his incompetence. They really do not see it. All of his ignorance, mistakes, gaffs, corruption and failures are either labelled "fake News" or seen as refreshing and refusing to play politics as usual etc.
ellemint
Please list factual , something proven, of ALL his mistakes, gaffs, corruption, and failures. And his incompetence.
Again, facts. NOT opinions.

We have a right to our opinions(thanks to all the soldiers who have fought and are fighting for our right to speech), but we cannot say our opinions are facts!

Dont like our President, but dont lie and exagerate to get other people not to like him.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:25 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,443,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
ellemint
Please list factual , something proven, of ALL his mistakes, gaffs, corruption, and failures. And his incompetence.

We have a right to our opinions(thanks to all the soldiers who have fought and are fighting for our right to speech), but we cannot say our opinions are facts!

Dont like our President, but dont lie and exagerate to get other people not to like him.
Answering this easy challenge would take this thread off-topic. However, I'll tell you the big one, though either not understood or acknowledged by most Trumpies -- the trashing of the environment and denial of climate change.

If you want answers to your query, please start a new thread and repeat your query. Obviously, you need the answers.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:37 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Word around the campfire is that the relationship wasn't going well while he was running and that divorce papers were already worked up and settlement agreed upon. Hence her not moving to the WH.

They were not expecting him to win, so she's stuck until he's out of office.
I heard through a reputable source that he has had a mistress that lives in one of the three towers for years...

Old 05-24-2017, 06:41 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
ellemint

^unfactual

Old 05-24-2017, 07:05 AM

Default "Friend-zoned" by the First Lady?

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Sure. Her little tit for tat is a more subtle thing, something more a personal reminder than a big public insult from neglect and un-thoughtfullness.

Kind of like the kick under the table I've gotten more than once, a little reminder I just did something wrong unwittingly.

if Melania had really wanted to make a big display, she could have. All this was was a little reminder to hubby to watch his Ps and Qs. Happens all the time.
The Big Thing will be if she refuses to move to the White House with Baron, as promised once Baron's school year had ended.

It's a real predicament for her, because likely most in the Big Apple want her gone, so they can distance themselves ASAP from the Trump circus and its cost.

If you read the Vanity Fair article linked earlier, it's evident that Melania has shown little interest or experience in being the First Lady. Obviously, ignoring Trump's transgressions and insulting behavior has been her life's work.

Compare Melania with the long line of First Ladies from Mamie Eisenhower. These women were committed to service and relatively dynamic individuals. And clearly, compared to the likes of Pat Nixon and Hillary Clinton, Melania also has shown limited ability or even desire to stand by her husband.

If Melania refuses to move to the White House and engage as First Lady, I wonder what message this will send to the American electorate, especially women.

I suspect Trump still wants to be re-elected, so the challenge of getting Melania to the White House may be his greatest challenge in the weeks ahead.

What we might be witnessing in these little things, is her disgust at the prospect of being imprisoned in the White House with the expectation of being a First Lady, a job which little interests her, let alone having the glare of the nation and even the world even further focused on her.

People magazine and the other gossip vendors may be eagerly awaiting this new chapter in the Trump saga.

And, of course, comedians are giddy with excitement in their anticipation of future fodder for their laugh machines.

"Friend-zoned?" Is this actually a new word?

<<Did President Donald Trump get friend-zoned by his own wife … again?>>

Did Melania Trump Reject Donald's Hand-Holding Attempt Again?

Last edited by WRnative; 05-24-2017 at 07:15 AM..

Old 05-24-2017, 07:09 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
For many of the Trump supporters I've spoken to, that IS it. They will defend him because he is from their party. They are blinded to his incompetence. They really do not see it. All of his ignorance, mistakes, gaffs, corruption and failures are either labelled "fake News" or seen as refreshing and refusing to play politics as usual etc.
Quote:
ellemint

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Answering this easy challenge would take this thread off-topic. However, I'll tell you the big one, though either not understood or acknowledged by most Trumpies -- the trashing of the environment and denial of climate change.

If you want answers to your query, please start a new thread and repeat your query. Obviously, you need the answers.
I don't believe it takes the thread off topic.
Your smart response to me needing answers

I am just pointing out that throwing around opinions as facts is dangerous.

So, yes President Trump himself has expressed his views on climate change, i.e.: fact.
I am not sure what you mean by "trashing of the environment."

Old 05-24-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
I don't believe it takes the thread off topic.
Your smart response to me needing answers

I am just pointing out that throwing around opinions as facts is dangerous.

So, yes President Trump himself has expressed his views on climate change, i.e.: fact.
I am not sure what you mean by "trashing of the environment."
Just a couple articles to read.

Trump Climate: Coal Executive Orders Are Doomed to Fail | Time.com

Trump calls Obama&apos;s clean water rule &apos;horrible, horrible&apos; - LA Times

Ohio's Rob Portman, my Republican Senator, and several Ohio Republican Congresspersons take great pride in blocking Trump proposals to gut spending on the Great Lakes environment. Here's why.

<<And the numbers in Trump's budget argue that his message to Northeast Ohio is identical to The New York Daily News' characterization of what President Gerald Ford said to Trump's hometown during a fiscal crisis 42 years ago: "Drop Dead...."

Here's what Trump wants to spend on the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, the lead effort in a 40-year success story that is saving the world's largest and most important body of fresh surface water: nothing.

Not a penny of federal funding for the lead project charged with keeping the Great Lakes clean and free of every imaginable form of pollution. The same water that supplies drinking water to more than 3 million Ohioans. The same 6,000,000,000,000,000 gallons of fresh water with an economic impact measured in the tens of billions annually. >>

Brent Larkin was the editorial director of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Ohio's largest newspaper, for almost two decades.

President Trump's 'drop dead' message to Great Lakes voters: Brent Larkin | cleveland.com

Of course the Great Lakes initiative doesn't benefit just Ohio, but also states like Michigan and Wisconsin that were vital to Trump's electoral victory. Don't think for a minute that the tens of millions of residents of the Great Lakes region aren't paying attention to Trump's message to us. I doubt that if Trump had told voters in these states that he intended to eliminate Great Lakes restoration funding that he would be President today.

<<U.S. Sen. Rob Portman, an Ohio Republican who headed former President George W. Bush's budgeting office, also said he'll fight to restore funding to the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, as it "helps protect our environment and strengthen Ohio's economy.">>

New Trump budget zeroes out Great Lakes Restoration: See what it means for Ohio | cleveland.com

https://patch.com/ohio/cleveland/tru...p-ohio-senator

Do you get all of your news from Fox and Breitbart?

Old 05-24-2017, 08:24 AM

10,767 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Libs are really obsessing over this video? Are none of you married, you don't recognize this for what it is? This is one of those non-verbal gestures married couples do. This was Trump saying you there and Melania touching him to let him know she was there.

I thought it was touching. You folks on the left really need to try to control your inner weirdness when it comes to Trump. Your hatred has become so virulent it's impossible to take any of you seriously anymore.
That's a good observation, I think you nailed it.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:44 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
That's a good observation, I think you nailed it.
Ya, he nailed a bunch of barney to the wall. Why is it so hard for trumpettes to admit that there is trouble in the presidential bedroom? A temporary spat or an all out war of wits only time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies