Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 08:39 AM

25,580 posts, read 17,298,699 times

Advertisements

Favorable/Unfavorable numbers of Trump in November, when he was elected, were 37.5%/58.5%.
Today, his numbers are 40%/54.8%.

I am beginning to think that his reelection is in question.
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Trump: Favorable/Unfavorable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 10:03 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Clinton's were just as bad if not worse. It was a pretty sorry choice we all had. Hopefully, the parties will give us better candidates come next time. That should not be a difficult lift.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:17 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,100,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Favorable/Unfavorable numbers of Trump in November, when he was elected, were 37.5%/58.5%.

Trump won in November, and we were told Hillary had a 99% chance Trump 1%. So guess those polls are as wrong as ever.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:24 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Trump won in November, and we were told Hillary had a 99% chance Trump 1%. So guess those polls are as wrong as ever.
maybe you were told 99% by some silly fringe lunatic site, but the vast majority were completely within range.

and by the way have you never in your life got a poker? odds are a little over 1 in 4000 times you will be dealt four of a kind ... ie odds are odds, they are not WRONG when the smaller chance shows up ...

Old 05-24-2017, 10:25 AM

5,861 posts, read 3,300,267 times
Quote:

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Actually his numbers are going up. Surprising since the mainstream media has been bashing him everyday since he has been elected.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:28 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post

Actually his numbers are going up. Surprising since the mainstream media has been bashing him everyday since he has been elected.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

38.8% -> 39% I guess is technically "up"...

Old 05-24-2017, 12:25 PM

25,580 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post

It is surprising, but the fact is - as you say - he is more popular now than the day he won the election.

I wonder if the media has caused this, as a form of backlash. After all, if they attack EVERYTHING Trump does the public will begin to tune the media out the same as we have tuned out certain posters here on city-data. Speaking for myself, I certainly tune out some sources - CNN, Washington Post, Huffington Post and so forth.

My original post was written tongue in cheek. The usual left wing zealots are fond of writing about Trumps demise, but clearly Trump has gained power since the election. At WORST he has stayed the same, and that was enough to get him elected once. Maybe he'll stay for a second term....

Old 05-24-2017, 12:55 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,100,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
maybe you were told 99% by some silly fringe lunatic site, but the vast majority were completely within range.

and by the way have you never in your life got a poker? odds are a little over 1 in 4000 times you will be dealt four of a kind ... ie odds are odds, they are not WRONG when the smaller chance shows up ...
Yeah, maybe, then again come to think of it ....

Once in my life while playing poker, I had a queen high straight flush. What are the odds. Well according to Wikipedia, my odds were higher than the odds of 4 aces. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Straight_flush

Analysis: Trump has 1% chance of nomination - CNNPolitics.com

Quote:
Think Trump has a chance to snag GOP nomination? Analysis gives him just 1%

Here's one 1% figure billionaire Donald Trump likely wants no part of: His odds of winning the Republican nomination for President.

That's according to a new analysis performed by an interactive data collection platform called Pivit, which combines polls, predictive analysis, wagering markets and social sentiment to create odds on the outcome of world events, the company says. The co-founders of Pivit also co-founded Intrade, a similar company that was a web-based trading exchange for political futures.
CNN has a partnership with Pivit to predict outcomes of the 2016 presidential election.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.eb1c813954e8

Quote:
The Fix
Donald Trump’s chances of winning are approaching zero

The election is in 15 days. And the electoral map just keeps looking grimmer and grimmer for Donald Trump.

We are making three changes to The Fix map this week, all favoring Hillary Clinton.

[Everything you need to know about the 2016 election]

First, we are moving Nevada, where Trump had shown surprising strength for much of this year, from “toss-up” to “lean Democratic” amid signs that the state is slipping away from him. Clinton has led in six of the past seven polls in the state — the other showed the race a tie — and now has an average lead of more than four points, according to Real Clear Politics. Trump’s collapse in the state is badly impacting Republicans’ chances of winning Sen. Harry Reid’s (D) open seat. Rep. Joe Heck (R), who led for much of the year, now finds himself behind former state attorney general Catherine Cortez Masto (D).
Survey finds Hillary Clinton has

Quote:
Survey finds Hillary Clinton has ‘more than 99% chance’ of winning election over Donald Trump
The Princeton Election Consortium found Ms Clinton has a projected 312 electoral votes across the country and only 270 are needed to win

A survey from the Princeton Election Consortium has found that Hillary Clinton has a 99 per cent chance of winning the election over Donald Trump.

Three days before the election, Ms Clinton has a projected 312 electoral votes, compared to 226 for Mr Trump. A total of 270 electoral votes are needed to win.

The probability statistic was found by the university’s statistical Bayesian model.
2016 President Forecast

Quote:
We simulated a Nov. 8 election 10 million times using our state-by-state averages. In 9.8 million simulations, Hillary Clinton ended up with at least 270 electoral votes. Therefore, we say Clinton has a 98.0 percent chance of becoming president.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:12 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,528,293 times
Quote:
It is surprising, but the fact is - as you say - he is more popular now than the day he won the election.

I wonder if the media has caused this, as a form of backlash. After all, if they attack EVERYTHING Trump does the public will begin to tune the media out the same as we have tuned out certain posters here on city-data. Speaking for myself, I certainly tune out some sources - CNN, Washington Post, Huffington Post and so forth.

My original post was written tongue in cheek. The usual left wing zealots are fond of writing about Trumps demise, but clearly Trump has gained power since the election. At WORST he has stayed the same, and that was enough to get him elected once. Maybe he'll stay for a second term....
He has to finish his first term and that is starting to look iffy.........

Old 05-24-2017, 01:16 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Only in the alt-reality bubble of trump lemmings is trump loved by the majority of people, and celebrated across the globe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies