Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 09:06 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Replying to a post. Ask that poster they brought it up.

Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
All these Reaganite neocons complaining about refugees and illegal immigration. Perhaps we wouldn't have so many if Republicans and the CIA weren't so trigger happy in Central America and the Middle East for the last 30 years.
Ahh OK..my bad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 09:11 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,783,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
All those small business owners and farmers need employees.
Why should they work? (They would have to pay income taxes, pay for insurance etc.)

They'll suck on the Govt t*t for as long as long as they can. Medicaid, Section 8 housing, SS or Welfare payments, etc. (At probably 25K per year per kid & 15K per adult - that would be 60-80K per family)...that you and I are paying for.

All the while communicating with their buddies in the Middle East & abiding by Sharia law. There is ZERO upside to these refugees being admitted here and it's costing us tens of millions of dollars to bring them here. (& we're 20 Trillion dollars in Debt !!)

The economic stupidity of Progressives who are facilitating this clusterf**k, the Media who report the "feel good" aspect of it.... and a significant percentage of our elected leaders (who LOVE spending other peoples money)....is downright breathtaking.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:22 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Why should they work? (They would have to pay income taxes, pay for insurance etc.)

They'll suck on the Govt t*t for as long as long as they can. Medicaid, Section 8 housing, SS or Welfare payments, etc. (At probably 25K per year per kid & 15K per adult - that would be 60-80K per family)...that you and I are paying for.

All the while communicating with their buddies in the Middle East & abiding by Sharia law. There is ZERO upside to these refugees being admitted here and it's costing us tens of millions of dollars to bring them here. (& we're 20 Trillion dollars in Debt !!)

The economic stupidity of Progressives who are facilitating this clusterf**k, the Media who report the "feel good" aspect of it.... and a significant percentage of our elected leaders (who LOVE spending other peoples money)....is downright breathtaking.
Let's see...

1) All refugees are not from the Middle East..not even a majority of them are.
2) All refugees are not Islamic...not even a majority of them are.
3) While there are resettlement funds made available, they run out quickly--Most refugees work..it is a requirement of their being here.

There are successes and there are failures. Personally, I'd vet them..make them wait two years or more..screen them for health issues...and...oh wait--that's what we do!

Anyway..back to the topic..which is how the Republican-led Govt. is increasing the number of refugees settled here. Not really sure how the 'evil' Progressives get the blame for this one.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:26 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Let's see...

3) While there are resettlement funds made available, they run out quickly--Most refugees work..it is a requirement of their being here.

There are successes and there are failures. Personally, I'd vet them..make them wait two years or more..screen them for health issues...and...oh wait--that's what we do!

Anyway..back to the topic..which is how the Republican-led Govt. is increasing the number of refugees settled here. Not really sure how the 'evil' Progressives get the blame for this one.

Deflect & Deny is an important part of this administration's operating rules.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Contrary to what you would prefer to believe, Pedro, not all of the people coming here from other countries are fruit pickers.......many are educated, professionals, and have skills this country needs. A lot of them will create jobs and will also be consumers, who buy our products.

It isn't like you would like to imagine, where they all come in here and suck up our welfare and jobs that others might have. Anytime you look at something through a narrow lens you miss the big picture.
What a crock. Refugees from the Middle East and Africa aren't coming here as educated professionals. The "Big Picture" is that they won't assimilate, they'll cost us millions (that we don't have) as parasites, and one out of a thousand of their young men (or one out of five thousand....or whatever) who will be communicating with their woman subjugating, gay killing, head chopping buddies back home....& might possibly provide the media with lots of story lines, such as:

- Wield a sword and slice up students at Ohio State.
- Bomb a gay night club in Orlando killing dozens?
- Bomb a concert filled with 12-14 year old little girls.
- Bomb the finish line of the second most famous Marathon in the world.
- How about Drive some Trucks down some crowded pedestrian only streets?
- Open fire on co-workers celebrating a holiday party.
- Knock down TWO skyscrapers killing 3,000 people.
- Fly a plane into the Pentagon.

What's next? Bomb Disneyland? Or the Mall of America on Christmas Eve? Or a busy airport on the Sunday after Thanksgiving? How about a Daycare....or a Children's Hospital ?

Yes....let's discuss this "Big Picture" benefits of letting un-vetted Muslim Refugees from the Middle East & Africa into our country. Oh....& we get to pay for the privilege of transforming into a Cu*k Country.

A country that's 20 Trillion dollars in debt is gong to pay for the privilege of bringing non-assimilating Vermin into the country.....Genius.

Last edited by hound 109; 05-27-2017 at 10:10 AM..

Old 05-27-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Let's see...What is the purpose of starting a post with "Let's see"?

There are successes and there are failures. Personally, I'd vet them..make them wait two years or more..screen them for health issues...and...oh wait--that's what we do! - Huh....how are they "vetted" if we don't even have a freaking embassy in the country? & are you saying that every refugee that has entered the country (or will enter our country) has been thoroughly vetted, has waited two years, & has been screened for health issues?? (if so then I stand corrected)

I'm referring to the refugees who are Muslim and are coming from Banned countries (when the progressive left coast judges overturned the banned countries executive order, & the spigot opened up again).

Questions:
- Where are the non-Muslim refugees coming from?
- If it's a requirement to work (& they don't). What happens?
- Anyway....back on Topic. Why should a country that is 20 Trillion dollars in debt, go into further debt to accept refugees who won't assimilate....and could be a threat to our citizens?

Old 05-27-2017, 09:48 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Oh, that's a good one...like trump is watching out for anything other than his own business interests.
Truer words were never spoken. He cares nothing for anyone but himself, not even his wife. What was he doing on Mother's Day again?

Old 05-27-2017, 09:53 AM

25,749 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Contrary to what you would prefer to believe, Pedro, not all of the people coming here from other countries are fruit pickers.......many are educated, professionals, and have skills this country needs.
Contrary to what you would prefer to believe, Pedro, not all of the people coming here from other countries are fruit pickers........ some are trained militants and terrorists. And nearly all are indoctrinated with the notion that their religion should be the only religion.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Well..everyone ran to their prepared positions fast on this one...

I don't have a prepared position

I still want to know what people think about the Republican-dominated Congress..whose funding limits had curtailed refugee entry--'forgetting' to reinstate those limits and thus allow this to happen?

If a Republican congressperson "forgot" to re-instate those limits...we'll remember during the 2018 primary season. This is a pretty black and white issue that was made crystal clear to politicians during the last election.

In the article I posted..everyone read that, right?...It's clear that the State Department is doing this because the funding is available and that they must have the blessing of the Secretary of State--who's their boss. I though the left coast appellate judges overturned the ban?

Surely Trump is aware..as he is the SecStates boss.

As far as I can see...the Democrats have no piece of this.
To me it's not a Dem vs. Rep issue (I've voted for POS Dems and POS Reps in the past 12 years).

Honest Question: How does one stop it given the fact that the judges overturned the ban? If the Sec. of State failed to provide funding that has already been approved, wouldn't there be lawsuits? OR CAN THE SoS pull the plug on the funding (& the program) ?? Thanks.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Trump and Tillerson better stop this. Need details on what the hell is going on.
I agree.

& I'm just as willing to call out a Republican politician as a POS as I am a Democrat politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies