Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 08:34 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
All these Reaganite neocons complaining about refugees and illegal immigration. Perhaps we wouldn't have so many if Republicans and the CIA weren't so trigger happy in Central America and the Middle East for the last 30 years.
You seem to forget that 16 of the last 30 years the Democrats were in charge. SE Asia (Vietnam) for example was a democrat led effort.
How many civil wars did Obama involve us in?
For many of us we challenge the need to help refugees before our own in need. The illegals issue is straight forward. They violated our immigration laws, or employment laws and are a drain upon our society. Every other country enforces their immigration laws, so should we.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 08:41 AM

14,784 posts, read 8,117,863 times
The State Department is led by the Secretary of State who is nominated by the President and
Confirmed by the Senate and is a member of the Cabinet. The current Secretary of state is Rex Tillerson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...tment_of_State

This has nothing to do with the Democrats, one way or the other.
It is the Republican run State Department that has done this.....so don't look this way.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:52 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,111,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I hope they are all settled in your neighborhood, since you like this news so much.
I hope they do, I plan on welcoming the next Steve Jobs or the future scientist that could develop more effective treatments for cancer.

Today's immigrants are productive members of society. They work 10 hour days in scorching heat. They work 7 days a week in my local 7-11's and Subway's. They study hard in school. That's more than one can say about the whiny Trump supporters with no skills and no education beyond a high school diploma waiting for some fantasy coal mine to reopen.

Underclass -- Character Sketches from Eviction Court | National Review
Check out this excellent National Review editorial by the amazing Kevin Williamson. I love his writings! THis editorial should be mandatory reading for all Trump supporters.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:54 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
I hope they are all settled in your neighborhood, since you like this news so much.
Why not yours, since you like Trump and his administration so much?

Or will you attempt to absolve them of responsibility for what happens under their watch?

Old 05-27-2017, 08:56 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,447,190 times
Quote:

Hmmm...not reading much, are you. No where in my post did I say I liked it..or didn't like it--just put it out there for folks to see.

BTW..have at least 10 families of Nepalese descent within 4 blocks of me..great neighbors.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Hello? Travel Ban blocked by an out of control Federal Court acting unconstitutionally and without authority.

The Courts should be ignored. They have no power to enforce their unconstitutional opinions, which don't have the force of law. They are opinions only.
This is not about the travel ban..of course you know that..since you read the post, right?

Old 05-27-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
You seem to forget that 16 of the last 30 years the Democrats were in charge. SE Asia (Vietnam) for example was a democrat led effort.
How many civil wars did Obama involve us in?
For many of us we challenge the need to help refugees before our own in need. The illegals issue is straight forward. They violated our immigration laws, or employment laws and are a drain upon our society. Every other country enforces their immigration laws, so should we.
What part of this thread is about illegal immigration?

Old 05-27-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I hope they do, I plan on welcoming the next Steve Jobs or the future scientist that could develop more effective treatments for cancer.

Today's immigrants are productive members of society. They work 10 hour days in scorching heat. They work 7 days a week in my local 7-11's and Subway's. They study hard in school. That's more than one can say about the whiny Trump supporters with no skills and no education beyond a high school diploma waiting for some fantasy coal mine to reopen.

Underclass -- Character Sketches from Eviction Court | National Review
Check out this excellent National Review editorial by the amazing Kevin Williamson. I love his writings! THis editorial should be mandatory reading for all Trump supporters.
You of course meant to say some immigrants.
As many if not most immigrants are on some form of government assistance. Very productive in deed. By the way I am married to a productive immigrant. 2 college degrees and speaks fluent english. She of course entered (Legally) respectful of our laws.
We need to raise the bar not lower it.
Trump's state department owns this Trump gets the blame.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
What part of this thread is about illegal immigration?
Replying to a post. Ask that poster they brought it up.

Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
All these Reaganite neocons complaining about refugees and illegal immigration. Perhaps we wouldn't have so many if Republicans and the CIA weren't so trigger happy in Central America and the Middle East for the last 30 years.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:06 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Trump and Tillerson better stop this. Need details on what the hell is gooing on.
This. ^^^^

Completely unacceptable. Non negotiable. State supposedly consulted with DOJ before implementing. It better stop and stop very quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies