Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 06:47 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't see why not.

Not turn... but, vote.

This is why I do not get party loyalty.

It's stupid. Parties are arbitrary.

People are not.

I vote for the candidate, regardless of party, that I either like or that is the one that is most qualified, whether I like that candidate or not.

Case in point... I voted for W in 2000. I did not like Gore.

I voted Kerry in 2004. I didn't like Kerry, but W's administration needed to go.

So, yeah. I don't vote party.

Period.

Being an independent allows one to vote for the better candidate in a strategic fashion.

Trump is a horrible president.

I used to agree with that sentiment before the parties go so polarized and pandering to the extremes of both sides.

(The left's blind devotion to Obama had a lot to do with this IMO)

It forces people to pick a side and stick with it.

Now...it's "your crazy is worse than my crazy".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 06:51 PM

57,295 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Still putting your faith in polls huh?

Well.....I suppose people have to have something to give them hope lol.
That is how we rated prior presidents, what do you use Trumps statement on his return from overseas that he hit a "home run". Use any standard you want he is historically unpopular and he hasn't had to deal with one major event. Wait until he has to deal with something really important, as of today it has been all self inflicted. This month will tell a lot with the AHCA and tax reform, it doesn't look promising to say the least.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:54 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Yeah that's it. They were all stupid. That's why they voted against your queen

Oh libs
Well, speaking of stupid... I don't have a queen, and did not vote for Clinton. Why don't you throw that tired old chant overboard and learn how to construct an actual argument for a change?

Quote:
Yeah they voted for Trump and were against him on his second day in office? Yeah I'm not buying it
He never said they were the same people. Learn to read.

You're 0-2 in this thread.

Quote:
It's obvious. They are already saying things like "Trump is so bad that we can nominate anyone in 3020 and win"
Really? Who is saying that? Or did you just make that up like you do most of your other crap?

Old 05-29-2017, 06:58 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You really think Dems and the media wouldn't be doing everything they possibly could to sandbag Paul if he had he won?

It would make very little difference, they would have demonized anyone who won the nomination and would continue to do so if he had won.

The things they would try to use against him might be different but their tactics would be the same.

Democrats have no interest in reaching across the aisle to compromise in any way shape or form.
They would show him the respect he deserves, they may attack his ideas or actions, but no they would not go after him personally, trump on the other hand asks, no begs, for it, he is own worst enemy. You do not see that?

I think you have not talked to the right Democrats, many have been willing to talk for a long time. In fact even during the Obama years there were several different committees that were made up of both Dems and Repubs and they were able to work out issues, often, unfortunately, rejected by both their Parties per their Leadership, Gotta Play the Games you know. Personally I have Zero issue discussing any topic or issue with anyone, even those I disagree with, so long as they can keep it to the discussion at hand and not go down the personal attacks road, because once we go there real discussion is over anyway. I can agree to disagree and I can compromise, I know both Liberals and Conservatives that are more than capable of doing the same, it just depends if those involved are serious adults or just children that wish to scream at others for whatever reason.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:12 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:
Yeah they voted for Trump and were against him on his second day in office? Yeah I'm not buying it
They will be against him when they find out that they will have not health coverage. Stupid

Old 05-29-2017, 07:16 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
They will be against him when they find out that they will have not health coverage. Stupid
Hey now, your giving away the ending to the movie, they have to experience it first hand themselves to get the full affect of the surprise ending. Shhhhhhhhhh

Old 05-29-2017, 07:20 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, what does this say about Democrat politicians and analysts, Never Trumpers', lefty bureaucrats, mainstream media and Hollywood, street and university violent and non-violent protestor intimidation and lefty poster efforts in various social networks? Current lefty tactics (not sure they actually have a strategy) are obviously not working so they have to try something else, right? I mean you don't keep doing what doesn't work if it's not effective.

What do you see them doing next to try to persuade Trump supporters to defect or are they going to continue to stick with what isn't working just because it has worked in the past?

I'll throw one thing out they continue to obviously do wrong. They preach to the choir. They always go to places to protest in their own towns and cities. Right to Lifers and Second Amendment types go to the enemy's turf for their marches and protests but I never see lefties do that. Feminists march against Donald Trump in NYC. Wow, Stop the Presses! The people who see them on the NYC streets with their signs are just like them. When is the last time you saw lefties march in Conservativeville? Ummmm, never?
LOL. Why do you care if you aren't 'listening to them'?

Old 05-29-2017, 07:24 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Trump is crushing it and making an 'A' every day...what's not to love?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
He adds "ss" onto that "A", if that's what you mean...

It's something that everyone has, except for some, it takes over their personality.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:39 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is so stupid, it's not even worthy of a response.
Then why did you reply?

Old 05-29-2017, 08:07 PM

957 posts, read 758,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm not a "Dem" and I'm fine with Pence. I would take a circus clown at this point.

A random guy off the street might also work as long as he can pass a basic citizenship test and has some sort of experience in any aspect of government.
Even the mailman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies