Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 08:19 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
They were assumed to be since they were brown, that i.s how some peoples pea brains work.
wrong, caspie. naturally certain pinheads are always going to run shrieking for the race card though
Quote:
"A lot of people had signs that said, 'We are illegal and here to stay,'" he told the paper. "And we called law enforcement trying to incentivize them to leave the House. They were disrupting. They were breaking the law."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 08:24 AM

11,269 posts, read 11,037,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Or maybe because some of the protesters were carrying signs saying "We are illegal and are here to stay"..
Don't waste your time replying to a poster like that. They believe anyone who is not for 100% open the floodgates amnesty is a hateful bigot and racist. It is due to crass and snarky attitudes like the one that poster displayed that will keep democrats losing in 2018 and 2020.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:28 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Don't waste your time replying to a poster like that. They believe anyone who is not for 100% open the floodgates amnesty is a hateful bigot and racist. It is due to crass and snarky attitudes like the one that poster displayed that will keep democrats losing in 2018 and 2020.
And only a fool would believe that someone would say -- hey look at me I'm here illegally.

Oh wait -- no fool -- an idiot -- dunce --

Old 05-30-2017, 08:35 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,008 times
Very stupid for illegals to put themselves in that position.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:41 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This guy saying that there were doesn't make it so.
Anyone can carry a sign that says any old thing.
Doesn't make it true or accurate.

Did ICE arrest anyone for being in the country illegally?
True, but you carry a sign reading something you better be prepared people are going to go off of the sign in what it says.
I personally think they were illegals.

It is not the first time people have claimed to be illegal at protests.

About time someone is attempting to do something about it!

I wrote and email to Republican Representative Matt Rinaldi a thank you for standing up.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:44 AM

11,269 posts, read 11,037,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And only a fool would believe that someone would say -- hey look at me I'm here illegally.

Ever been to a Home Depot parking lot between 6-8am? Who needs signs?

Old 05-30-2017, 08:54 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
True, but you carry a sign reading something you better be prepared people are going to go off of the sign in what it says.

I wrote and email to Republican Representative Matt Rinaldi a thank you for standing up.
But, did he really "stand up" and call ICE or was he bluffing?

People can say all sorts of things also.
Doesn't mean that they actually follow through.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:00 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
It's not just "lib'tards" who encourage illegal immigration. There are MANY conservative businessmen, especially in the construction industry, who love them some cheap labor. That cheap labor is overwhelmingly provided by folks who are here illegally.
Because our federal government has refused to enforce immigration laws, or to revise them, our own government incentivizes and even encourages people to circumvent the laws.

For example, because the harvest times are never exactly the same from one year to the next. farmers all followed our migrant worker laws. One year, they'd end up watching their crops rot in the fields while they wait on workers to arrive. the next year the farmers have to feed and care for workers who sit on their ass all day, because the harvest is running very late, or the weather killed their crops.

Illegal immigrants arrive at farms just when the harvest is ready, and then they move to the next farm, etc... following immigration law is not only terribly cumbersome and counter productive at times, but it can cost a farmer to lose his entire crop, and ruin the family business. The government incentivizes farmers to ignore the law, or potentially lose their entire years crop.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

I would not call any illegal alien, smart.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post

LEO's can ask for any persons immigration status, in Texas. It is the law. It only has to be verbal, like those border checkpoints 100 miles in from Mexico on all the highways.

Are you an American Citizen? Yes. On your way you go.

If you are suspected to be lying, they can detain you up to 72 hours, to prove you are who you say. No, proof and off you go... A stubborn American wanting to make a point, can get a free trip to south Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies