Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 05:35 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Not from my experience.

So you are blind to the national news covering the marches, protests, etc. by illegal aliens and their supporters? Need some links?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Okay -- somebody has to say it.

If wages creep up -- what else creeps up -- think about it -- just for a second....

THE PRICE OF THE HOUSE.......ohhhhh.

So you hope wages don't go up so high that then folks are priced out of markets.

The fact you didn't even include that potential scenario in your little -- oh yeah hard working Americans can make money because wages will be higher without realizing what that means to the final cost of goods...is one again disturbing.

The builders who hire illegal aliens just pocket the profits from them they don't pass any reduced prices on homes to the consumer. There is an entire tract of homes across the road from where I live that was built mostly by cheap illegals and the workmanship was so shoddy that many homeowners up and left them. What these builders and other business owners do is pass their enormous social costs on to we the taxpayer. Illegal alien labor is not bargain for the common American.

Who do you think were doing all those construction jobs for a fair wage before millions of cheap illegals flooded that industry? You seriously need to educate yourself on this issue. That is unless you have a vested interest in illegal immigration of which I suspect.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
It's funny to me that the people in this thread complain about illegal immigration and two or three posts later complain about the cost of construction rising.

Please point those posts out. It is only illegal alien supporters that make that erroneous claim.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:06 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,737,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
First of all, it's silly for you to claim farmers are somehow usually Constitutional conservatives.

It's the lib'tards who WANT illegal immigration, they want open borders, sanctuary cities, etc....

The farmer, like other business owners, are stuck with a flawed and not particularly useful migrant worker immigration system, and are forced to deal with it since our politicians refuse to fix it..

We have corrupt politicians who either want illegal immigration, or refuse to do anything because their political opponents will demonize them if they speak out against it, and propose any fixes.
I disagree. Conservatives WANT illegal immigration just as much as your "lib'tard" bogeymen. Oh they may say they want closed borders to get votes from their low information, partisan base but in reality they answer to their conservative businessmen who depend on cheap immigrant labor to keep their costs down.

By the way, how's that wall coming?

Old 05-30-2017, 08:14 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
As a Democrat I can't understand why they would want to stop illegals from being arrested. This country has put up with this outrage for too long and it's put a great strain on our school systems, our police force, not to mention the jobs that have been taken away. In that part of the country they've taken over the landscaping and construction jobs from Americans.

It's about the ONLY thing I agree with Republicans on. Most of us are somewhere in the middle--not like the far left politicians that get the publicity. Most of us do not want sanctuary cities, whether we are Democrats or Republicans.
I'm a Democrat. I don't believe in humans being illegal.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:50 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,737,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Please point those posts out. It is only illegal alien supporters that make that erroneous claim.
Read the thread, the whole thread, not just the highlights. You'll see the pattern.

Maybe YOU can point to the post(s) where I claimed to be an illegal alien supporter. Go ahead, point it out. I'll wait.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If construction wages keep going up, an American citizen might even be able to raise a family as a carpenter, plumber, or construction worker, again.

I think that is the plan, but in today's world, you never know. They may have automation building and repairing homes.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Seems that there are some questions as to whether or not the signs said what the guy said they said. Can't find pics.

There is a sign that says HERE TO STAY...but it never references being illegal. Not a big deal -- just honestly and truth and lack of bull.....

Old 05-30-2017, 09:21 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
the guy is a WUZZZ he didn't even know if the protesters were illegals- and then threatens to shoot the other guys-- go back to MOMMY what a dirt bag

And you really believe that illegals would never hold up a sign saying that they are here illegally? If so, get in touch with me, I have some oceanfront property in AZ to sell to you.

If you read the story, you would have seen that he only "threatened to shoot the other guys" because they threatened him by saying they were going to follow him to his car.

Texas Dem Admits To Assaulting GOP Colleague [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller

From the article: "Nevarez said his colleagues heard Rinaldi say he was “going to put a bullet” in Nevarez’s head, but Rinaldi said in his statement that he made clear he would only use his gun in self defense."

If he has a license to carry, how does it make him a "dirt bag" for saying that he would use his gun in self-defense?

Old 05-30-2017, 09:25 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I'm a Democrat. I don't believe in humans being illegal.

If a person is in another country illegally, then they are illegal aliens. What's so hard to understand about that? If you sneaked across a border of another country, you would be there illegally. However, you knew that already, correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies