Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 03:34 PM

158 posts, read 107,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Because this forum is full of crazy far right wingers and crazy right wingers tend to be old.
LOL.....Who knew being pro life is considered being "far right" I bet many of those you think are "crazy right wingers" are actually in their 20's,30's and 40's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 03:39 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,836 times
Quote:
Am I right to assume that most of the posters here are too old to reproduce so access to birth control means nothing to them?
Access to birth control? That's not what Planned Parenthood is about and you know it.

A condom can be purchased for under a dollar. You can buy them at most gas stations.

A 30 day supply of birth control pills can be purchased at both Walmart and Target for 9 dollars.

There is no problem with access to birth control.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:45 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Outside of direct self defense, I do not believe anyone has a right to take the life of another.

Be it abortion, death penalty or unjust wars. I'm not sure if that is a crazy right wing position or not? What do you think?
I don't think it's right-wing or left-wing. I think most people think abortion is not a good thing. But a fetus isn't a living, breathing, thinking human being. I think many people think that it's just a baby still inside its mommy, and how could anyone do something horrible to a baby. But that's nonsense. It's not a baby. It's not a life. And mother nature aborts many more fetuses than are ever aborted in a clinic.

While you may just melt at the thought of that poor little baby, I cringe at the thought of compelling women to go through 40 weeks, almost a year, of pregnancy, with all the expenses, all the risks, all the permanent changes to her body that that entails. I cringe at the idea of forcing women to take risks, when you have no idea of what those risks might be. I cringe that you think that if she doesn't want it, she should still give up almost a year of her life in an unwanted pregnancy, and then trying to get her life back to normal after giving birth. And I say normal because she can never get her life back to what it was before she got pregnant.

Women should be entitled to use birth control to prevent an unwanted pregnancy, and if she still gets pregnant, she should be entitled to say no. SHE is a living, breathing, thinking human being. The fetus is not.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:49 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Access to birth control? That's not what Planned Parenthood is about and you know it.

A condom can be purchased for under a dollar. You can buy them at most gas stations.

A 30 day supply of birth control pills can be purchased at both Walmart and Target for 9 dollars.

There is no problem with access to birth control.
Yeah, but you need a prescription for that 30-day supply of birth control pills. Planned Parenthood helps women get those prescriptions. And Planned Parenthood helps women get the other medical services that women require. Planned Parenthood tests both women and men for STD's, and other health problems. They refer women to other doctors to get reduced-cost services. They are a life-saver for many women.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:51 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
That does it, I'm becoming a lawyer in Iowa. Now that there will be child custody battles in addition to noisy neighbor cow mooing disputes, I'm gonna make $$$$$$$, baby! (pun not entirely intended)

Old 05-30-2017, 04:09 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't think it's right-wing or left-wing. I think most people think abortion is not a good thing. But a fetus isn't a living, breathing, thinking human being. I think many people think that it's just a baby still inside its mommy, and how could anyone do something horrible to a baby. But that's nonsense. It's not a baby. It's not a life. And mother nature aborts many more fetuses than are ever aborted in a clinic.
It is scientifically indisputably a life. 5 year olds die from disease also but that doesn't make taking a life acceptable.

Quote:
While you may just melt at the thought of that poor little baby, I cringe at the thought of compelling women to go through 40 weeks, almost a year, of pregnancy, with all the expenses, all the risks, all the permanent changes to her body that that entails. I cringe at the idea of forcing women to take risks, when you have no idea of what those risks might be. I cringe that you think that if she doesn't want it, she should still give up almost a year of her life in an unwanted pregnancy, and then trying to get her life back to normal after giving birth. And I say normal because she can never get her life back to what it was before she got pregnant.

Women should be entitled to use birth control to prevent an unwanted pregnancy, and if she still gets pregnant, she should be entitled to say no. SHE is a living, breathing, thinking human being. The fetus is not.
I fully support actions to intercept a pregnancy before it happens.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:12 PM

158 posts, read 107,161 times
Quote:

Actually babies or "fetuses" as you call them DO breathe and they DO feel pain. You "cringe" at the thought of a lazy irresponsible adult taking responsibility for their OWN actions. Man we need a REAL government in place to fix people permanently who can't manage their own actions responsibly.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:16 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Am I right to assume that most of the posters here are too old to reproduce so access to birth control means nothing to them?
That, or male.

Well, I anticipate that unwed birth rates will go up and, as in Texas, mortality rates for Mothers to go up as well.

They can figure out how to tax their citizens to take care of their poor.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:17 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Yeah, but you need a prescription for that 30-day supply of birth control pills. Planned Parenthood helps women get those prescriptions. And Planned Parenthood helps women get the other medical services that women require. Planned Parenthood tests both women and men for STD's, and other health problems. They refer women to other doctors to get reduced-cost services. They are a life-saver for many women.
So, what you're saying is the government interferes by requiring that prescription.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:19 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueFreak View Post
Actually babies or "fetuses" as you call them DO breathe and they DO feel pain. You "cringe" at the thought of a lazy irresponsible adult taking responsibility for their OWN actions. Man we need a REAL government in place to fix people permanently who can't manage their own actions responsibly.
Show some proof, and please you pro-lifers dont give a damn about the "baby" your just a bunch of control freaks well spout bible verse meanwhile your Happy about cutting any programs that actually help the new mother. Your hypocrites and are truly disgusting human beings so please enough with the bs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies