Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 07:50 PM

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
To be fair: if talking up to 3 or 4 months; abortion is between the woman and her "God". When hitting 5 months or later; there better be a damn good medical reason to end the pregnancy IMHO, like the mother's life is in danger or the fetus is seriously messed up.

Once again, abortion has nothing to do with the closing of these clinics but abortions in the 3rd trimester are very rare and usually for a very good reason. Abortions will continue, common ground should be to prevent abortions through family planning. This is not a solution to anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 08:24 PM

34 posts, read 15,170 times
Victory!

Old 05-30-2017, 08:34 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueFreak View Post
Earlier this week, Planned Parenthood announced it was closing its only clinic in Wyoming and three of its clinics in New Mexico.

Even better news!

Republican lawmakers in Iowa agreed last legislative session to give up millions of dollars in federal Medicaid money in order to create a state-run family planning program that excludes clinics affiliated with abortion services or referrals.

I like it! Putting FAMILIES first not baby murder first.

Planned Parenthood to close 4 Iowa clinics after funding cut - ABC News

When it comes to the four PPs that are closing in Iowa:

Bettendorf: The is one other clinic & an interesting program Iowa has (reference to found on the clinic's FB page).

MC Free Clinic

Quote:
The Iowa CARE FOR YOURSELF program serves women in Iowa who are uninsured, underinsured and underserved. Participants of this program can receive a yearly health care provider office visit which includes a pelvic exam, clinical breast exam, a pap test when appropriate and a mammogram.
Claim your card at the MC Free Clinic front desk .

7 miles away, in Davenport, Iowa:

Community Health Care, Inc.

Quote:
We served nearly 37,000 individuals last year in the Quad Cities. That is 10 percent of the Quad City population that is receiving primary medical and dental care regardless of their insurance status or income.
Learn more about our impact and how you can help.
community-healthcare

Burlington, Iowa: There are 2 clinics

Chcseia West Burlington Clinic
Quote:
This is a health care center funded by the federal government. This means even if you have no insurance you can be covered. The center is also income based for those making an income. This health center can cover services such as checkups, treatment, pregnancy care (where applicable), immunizations and child care (where applicable), prescription medicine and mental and substance abuse where applicable. Contact them at the number provided for full details.
Eagle View Community Health Systems
Quote:
Charges for services approved by the Board are on a sliding-fee scale and are based on patients' family size and income; they provide services to all persons regardless of ability to pay.
Keokuk, Iowa: There are 2 clinics

Chcseia Khs Keokuk Clinic

Tsmg Womens Center - Keokuk

Sioux City, Iowa: There are 4 clinics

St Lukes Regional Medical Center - Sioux City

Siouxland Community Health Cen - Sioux City

Sioux City Gospel Mission - Sioux City

Mercy Medical Center Sioux City - Sioux City

Old 05-30-2017, 09:21 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Am I right to assume that most of the posters here are too old to reproduce so access to birth control means nothing to them?
I think it's safe to assume that they are either male or post menopause.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:21 PM

1,065 posts, read 597,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I say put them on every street corner. Some people shouldn't be parents. I don't want to pay for more prisons. Bible-thumping taliban can only adopt so many unwanted babies. Harvest the fetuses for stem cell research
Bible thumping Taliban definitely should not be parents.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:23 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't think it's right-wing or left-wing. I think most people think abortion is not a good thing. But a fetus isn't a living, breathing, thinking human being. I think many people think that it's just a baby still inside its mommy, and how could anyone do something horrible to a baby. But that's nonsense. It's not a baby. It's not a life. And mother nature aborts many more fetuses than are ever aborted in a clinic.

While you may just melt at the thought of that poor little baby, I cringe at the thought of compelling women to go through 40 weeks, almost a year, of pregnancy, with all the expenses, all the risks, all the permanent changes to her body that that entails. I cringe at the idea of forcing women to take risks, when you have no idea of what those risks might be. I cringe that you think that if she doesn't want it, she should still give up almost a year of her life in an unwanted pregnancy, and then trying to get her life back to normal after giving birth. And I say normal because she can never get her life back to what it was before she got pregnant.

Women should be entitled to use birth control to prevent an unwanted pregnancy, and if she still gets pregnant, she should be entitled to say no. SHE is a living, breathing, thinking human being. The fetus is not.
Amusing. The science disproves your claim that a "fetus is not a life." Why are you liberals so anti-science? The medicine is proven beyond any doubt that a fetus is a unique human being.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:29 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Amusing. The science disproves your claim that a "fetus is not a life." Why are you liberals so anti-science? The medicine is proven beyond any doubt that a fetus is a unique human being.
a life that can't live on it's own and resides inside a woman's body. no woman should have to remain pregnant against their own will.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:33 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
a life that can't live on it's own and resides inside a woman's body. no woman should have to remain pregnant against their own will.
The thing is that you should not be allowed to end a unique human life just because it is an inconvenience to you. If that's the case, anyone who needs help to survive should be subject to death at the whim of his or her provider.

I never knew you liberals were such extreme social Darwinists. I guess you'll be whatever you have to be in order to preserve the "right" to make poor decisions and kill your unborn children. Sad.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:38 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
All I know is, if I were vehemently anti-abortion, I'd be pushing for funding free long-acting reversible birth control for everyone who wanted it. I'd push the government to make OTC birth control as cheap and available as possible and hand it out on street corners.

If anyone claims to be anti-abortion but won't make BC cheap and easy to get, they're liars who don't give a damn about preventing abortion.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:39 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueFreak View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/planned-p...182349141.html

Bye! This should give doctors who actually take care of women and babies a chance to open offices in the areas! Good news.
Nobody was stopping gynecologists from taking care of patients before the Planned Parenthood clinics closed. Women are much more than baby factories, you know. We have many other healthcare needs. We also need Pap smears and mammograms that detect cancer early and these are essential services that PP provides, services that other providers will be unable to completely make up for once these clinics shut down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies