Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2017, 07:19 PM

191 posts, read 161,383 times

Advertisements

I studied it; it's real. Unless you can prove that NASA and innumerable climate station data is wrong. There's also already so much CO2 in the atmosphere that if we stopped all anthropogenic emissions today, it would still be 20 years before we get below 350ppm. I.e. there's going to be a 2° C change in temperature whether we like it or not

I studied renewable energy, too. That's likely all a lie. People talk about how expensive it is in dollars, but corn ethanol, solar, and wind generally all take more energy to manufacture than you ever get out of them (i.e., you burn more fossil fuel energy building a solar photovoltaic panel than you get out of it in it's lifetime). Hard to say though bc the industry obfuscates EROEI

Last edited by fillmore241; 06-02-2017 at 08:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 07:19 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Another poster with the 95% which has been proven fake.
97 Articles Refuting The "97% Consensus" | Climate Change Dispatch

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...100-wrong/amp/

Old 06-02-2017, 07:21 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,632,440 times
Quote:
Nye's college degree is in mechanical engineering. He is not a scientist.
He presents a wide range of scientific concepts at an introductory level. He's an entertainer, sure, but he understands science and knows how to communicate it to beginners. Mechanical engineering requires a deep understanding of math and science. What are Whittle's qualifications?

Old 06-02-2017, 07:22 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,917,076 times
Quote:
Why has every climate model been way off?
Have they? How familiar are you with models and their accuracy? In short: Some are pretty accurate, and some aren't as accurate - depending on what they're attempting to predict.

Some reading that might be helpful.
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...global-warming

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...an-you-thought

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...-models-worse/

Is Climate Too Complex to Model or Predict? | Popular Science

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/5...-arent-better/

Old 06-02-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillmore241 View Post
I studied it; it's real. Unless you can prove that NASA and innumerable There's also already so much CO2 in the atmosphere that if we stopped all anthropogenic emissions today, it would still be 20 years before we get below 350ppm. I.e. there's going to be a 2° C change in temperature whether we like it or not

I studied renewable energy, too. That's likely all a lie. People talk about how expensive it is in dollars, but corn ethanol, solar, and wind generally all take more energy to manufacture than you ever get out of them (i.e., you burn more fossil fuel energy building a solar photovoltaic panel than you get out of it in it's lifetime). Hard to say though bc the industry obfuscates EROEI
Your sentence structure and syntax is very poor, and makes understanding your point difficult.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:27 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,171,947 times
While the deniers keep on denying, human caused temperatures continue to climb, sea ice melts, coral reefs die, droughts get drier and floods get deeper.

You can't deny the physics. Humans burn 1,000 barrels of oil per second. All that CO2 in the air can only do one thing: warm the planet. And it is.

Old 06-02-2017, 07:31 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
You can either believe over 95% of the scientists as well as business leaders all over the globe who believe manmade climate change is real or you can believe a few pseudo-scientists and fossil fuel propagandists.

Your children's future is at stake. One side cares, one side will sell them out.
Well said.

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
While the deniers keep on denying, human caused temperatures continue to climb, sea ice melts, coral reefs die, droughts get drier and floods get deeper.

You can't deny the physics. Humans burn 1,000 barrels of oil per second. All that CO2 in the air can only do one thing: warm the planet. And it is.
Wow!!! Documented proof the earth has never warmed before!!!!

I wish I'd known this was the first warming so I could have jumped on the band wagon early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post

Environmental Effects of Increased Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide - Global Warming Petition Project
Quote:
The average temperature of the Earth has varied within a range of about 3°C during the past 3,000 years. It is currently increasing as the Earth recovers from a period that is known as the Little Ice Age...

While major green house gas H2O substantially warms the Earth, minor green house gases such as CO2 have little effect.... The 6-fold increase in hydrocarbon use since 1940 has had no noticeable effect on atmospheric temperature ...

Old 06-02-2017, 07:33 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,124,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
You can either believe over 95% of the scientists as well as business leaders all over the globe who believe manmade climate change is real or you can believe a few pseudo-scientists and fossil fuel propagandists.

Your children's future is at stake. One side cares, one side will sell them out.
Other 5% take high salaries and sell themselves out at exxon mobil or the heritage foundation which is funded by exxon mobil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies