Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 02:37 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times

Advertisements

Here's my help:

1. Get the beautiful animals out of there and into loving homes... ....
2. Have a social worker evaluate the children for filth, dirty clothes, dirty body, dirty hair, check their living conditions and if it is because slovenly laziness, remove the kids from the home until such time the mother corrects the filthy living conditions.
3. Make the mother have sterilization surgery, so no more babies.
4. Have everyone professionally evaluated as to the true extent of their disability and if mom is just pure lazy, cut her disability off, withstanding a TRUE disability that warrants her to receive disability income. The children likely have true disabilities but someone suggested the mother self-evaluated the children, to convince the system she still needed disability checks coming in for them.

I know personally (2) severely mentally disabled friends, that have extreme mental illness and both take psyche drugs and are unable to work.

For those who are truly disabled, whether it be physically or mentally, this is not for you.

For those who fake the system, I have no words...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 02:17 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,636,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post

Trust me, from one spoonie to another... I get it. I know there are sick people who want to work and aren't able to for the reasons you mentioned. That needs to change too. Employers need to give equal opportunities to people with health issues otherwise these employers are part of the problem.
This.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:39 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
[b]
4. Have everyone professionally evaluated as to the true extent of their disability and if mom is just pure lazy, cut her disability off, withstanding a TRUE disability that warrants her to receive disability income. The children likely have true disabilities but someone suggested the mother self-evaluated the children, to convince the system she still needed disability checks coming in for them.
This part confuses me ..... I have yet to hear of either SSI or SSDI taking a parent's word that their children were so disabled they needed those checks coming in. Calling up Social Security would just result in being told to obtain diagnosis (in writing) from a physician.

OTOH, if she enjoys haggling over the phone we have temp agencies here who might be able to use her talents at one of the call centers, where she can put her phone skills to good use.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:59 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
This part confuses me ..... I have yet to hear of either SSI or SSDI taking a parent's word that their children were so disabled they needed those checks coming in. Calling up Social Security would just result in being told to obtain diagnosis (in writing) from a physician.
You're right but she can set it up so that it appears they have disorders that they don't actually have just by looking up the symptoms then convincing the kids and their doctor that they exhibit behavior consistent with autism or whatever it is she's trying to claim they have. She might very well reward them when they act out in a way that confirms the diagnosis she needs them to have to get her checks. THAT is why I said I don't think they should be living with her, it's messed up to screw with a kids head like that. Living in a crappy home is one thing but making your kids think they are nuts is something else altogether.

I have a relative who did that with one of her kids, but not to get money...she was just weird and dreamed up all sorts of illnesses that she claimed the girl had so that she couldn't go to school or even leave the house to go outside and play and the kid grew up believing it. The disorder her mother had is called munchausen by proxy. The daughter is in her 30's now and her mother is dead but she's a neurotic mess. Her whole world revolves around whatever psychosomatic illness she thinks she has. She barely supports herself because after she has a job for a few months she convinces herself she has some new disorder and calls in sick so much that she eventually gets fired. She's had several boyfriends and they all bail because of the nutty stuff she does, like staying up all night walking around moaning that she has a brain tumor or calling an ambulance because she thinks she's having a heart attack

Old 06-17-2017, 07:45 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,636,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Regarding people who could work but prefer to abuse the system ..... you work for a large company. Out of curiosity what is the likelihood that your employer would hire any of the people written about in the original article?
Probably not likely at all.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You're right but she can set it up so that it appears they have disorders that they don't actually have just by looking up the symptoms then convincing the kids and their doctor that they exhibit behavior consistent with autism or whatever it is she's trying to claim they have. She might very well reward them when they act out in a way that confirms the diagnosis she needs them to have to get her checks. THAT is why I said I don't think they should be living with her, it's messed up to screw with a kids head like that. Living in a crappy home is one thing but making your kids think they are nuts is something else altogether.

I have a relative who did that with one of her kids, but not to get money...she was just weird and dreamed up all sorts of illnesses that she claimed the girl had so that she couldn't go to school or even leave the house to go outside and play and the kid grew up believing it. The disorder her mother had is called munchausen by proxy. The daughter is in her 30's now and her mother is dead but she's a neurotic mess. Her whole world revolves around whatever psychosomatic illness she thinks she has. She barely supports herself because after she has a job for a few months she convinces herself she has some new disorder and calls in sick so much that she eventually gets fired. She's had several boyfriends and they all bail because of the nutty stuff she does, like staying up all night walking around moaning that she has a brain tumor or calling an ambulance because she thinks she's having a heart attack
Sorry to hear about your relative. Might be an interesting experiment to have the children live elsewhere for a few months. It is even possible they have issues but they would be better managed by someone else.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
Probably not likely at all.
Well there lies part of the problem. As long as employers won't hire people then they are, in effect, unemployable.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:24 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Here's my help:

1. Get the beautiful animals out of there and into loving homes... ....
2. Have a social worker evaluate the children for filth, dirty clothes, dirty body, dirty hair, check their living conditions and if it is because slovenly laziness, remove the kids from the home until such time the mother corrects the filthy living conditions.
3. Make the mother have sterilization surgery, so no more babies.

I know personally (2) severely mentally disabled friends, that have extreme mental illness and both take psyche drugs and are unable to work.

For those who are truly disabled, whether it be physically or mentally, this is not for you.

For those who fake the system, I have no words...
The mom is not "pure lazy". If you read the story, the mom is mentally retarded with an IQ of about 70 and she does work when she can. Not everybody has the potential to be a high earner no matter what the positive thinking people tell you.

It's the grandmother that was hoping to get the two children back on disability because the family lost a thousand dollars a month when theirs was taken away.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
You do realize that these people vote Republican every time right?
Their voting patterns seem largely irrelevant. This situation has been going on for years, enough time to go through several changes in the dominating political party. I do not actually see a Trump presidency making a huge difference right away.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:50 AM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I definitely understand that not all people who are on disability are abusing it. My comment is in regards to those who are. There are far more lazy people abusing the system and taking advantage of it then you think. I work for a large company and I see a lot of people who are capable of working and use the system so they don't have to. it's not right.

Trust me, from one spoonie to another... I get it. I know there are sick people who want to work and aren't able to for the reasons you mentioned. That needs to change too. Employers need to give equal opportunities to people with health issues otherwise these employers are part of the problem.
What?! You want the Soviet system you Pinko?
What's next? Mothers won't be allowed to work the night shifts and given the parental leave of 9 months minimum?
Remember - it's a FREE MARKET economy, and "Freedom" means that those in charge will hire whoever they wish.
While the rest of "freedom lovers" will be moaning about the "lazy bums" that should be working, but don't.
And that's how the story goes)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies