Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2017, 10:34 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Be alarmed by an increase in police presence? That is dumb.
Really? If you suddenly saw a noticeable increase in police presence on the streets of your city you wouldn't be alarmed? You are smarter than this, Laura.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 10:35 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,168,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
He really needs to shut the hell up. We should be offering our support to our ally, not misquoting and deriding the mayor of their largest city.

I am completely disgusted by him. I hope the people of the UK know that he doesn't speak for most Americans.
Ally? We don't need no stinking allies. We are making America Great Again. Allies would only detract from our self-involved greatness!!! Besides, who wants to be allied to a bunch of losers who don't know how to run their own countries.

And while we are at it, lets get rid of all those damn trading partners too. We don't need those Germans who have been taking advantage of us by making so many cars here in South Carolina. Same goes for Mexico, Canada, Europe in general, strike all of Africa and the middle east. Hell, we don't need anyone except a handful of Russians.

It's too bad he died, because our diplomacy is now based on Don Rickles' act. The world is just a bunch of 'hockey pucks' but that's OK, it won't be too long before we move on toward a "Rodney Dangerfield" diplomacy - "Hey, we don't get no respect. But then we no longer deserve it. We elected a Trump."

I guess that wasn't really funny.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:40 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
5 dead in Orlando -- some leader from another country might suggest our President stop yapping at other coutnries and pay attention to the murders in his own country.

No -- they wouldn't because they aren't 5 years old.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:42 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Be alarmed by an increase in police presence? That is dumb.
Meh, it's worth pointing out that extra police officers down the street shouldn't lead you to assume that bad sh.t is happening right here, right now. Keep in mind that Londoners are little less used to heavily armed police than your average US resident.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:45 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times
Quote:
He really needs to shut the hell up. We should be offering our support to our ally, not misquoting and deriding the mayor of their largest city.

I am completely disgusted by him. I hope the people of the UK know that he doesn't speak for most Americans.
He's a despicable piece of garbage that's mentally disturbed.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:46 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,114,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
He manages to make people respond to him, and for some, that is a victory in itself. "I made you react! I have that power over you!". It's the Internet Troll writ large. The tantrum thrower. The guy who makes his motorcycle as loud as he possibly can. "I made you look! I made you acknowledge me!"
Sadly for America, this is an excellent analysis of Trump. He's basically just the Troll of the United States of America. And that's pretty much always been his MO. Since before Twitter and even before the Internet.

People elected an internet troll to be the leader of the free world.

I don't care to hear "but, but...Hillary, Hillary, Hillary..." Our primary system is what broke America.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.â€" (set 4 days ago)

27,187 posts, read 13,477,157 times
The US Embassy in London has distanced itself from Trump and his tweets and has actually praised the Mayor.

US Embassy in London distances itself from Donald Trump by praising Sadiq Khan tweets | The Independent

Most Britons fully realise that Trump is a controversial President and he does not speak for a lot of US Citizens.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:51 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,236,703 times
Quote:
The mayor said that people should expect to see increased police presence in the next few days and not to be alarmed by it. He was not telling people they shouldn't be upset about the attack.

After 9-11 our allies invoked article V. Our dear leader insults our strongest ally ' s mayor. Disgusting.
Were you this bent out of shape when Obama pissed off the entire UK when he removed the bust of Churchill (a gift from the UK) from the Oval Office and then gave the Queen an iPod... with his own speeches on it (talk about arrogance)? Or when he refused a private meeting with Prime Minister Gordon Brown during a UN Summit after the PM made 5 separate requests?

I suspect not...

Old 06-05-2017, 10:51 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The US Embassy in London has distanced itself from Trump and his tweets and has actually praised the Mayor.

US Embassy in London distances itself from Donald Trump by praising Sadiq Khan tweets | The Independent
Quote:
“It is with a heavy heart I offer my condolences and support to the people of the United Kingdom. America grieves with you."

-Lewis Lukens, Acting US Ambassador to London
Wouldn't it have been nice if such had been the first response of our president? Yeah, too much to hope for with our toddler-in-chief.

Lukens is probably on his way out for having the audacity of showing support to our number one ally in the world. Such things go against the Trump Doctrine.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:53 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

Most Britons fully realise that Trump is a controversial President and he does not speak for a lot of US Citizens.
Embarrassing. Perhaps Trump should have taken a few hours of from golfing and appointed an ambassador? That's how, y'know, competent administrations make sure there's a coherent foreign policy message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies