Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2017, 12:28 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,469,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Not a hand out. See.. these simple issues are what defines us.

You think me expecting the person who makes an argument to provide the evidence to support their argument is asking too much. That form of thinking is entitled, lazy, and irresponsible (the calling card of the typical progressive).

I think that if you make a claim, you should provide the evidence to support your claim, not expect everyone to run off and verify your claim. It is not simply a responsibility of one making an argument, it is a general courtesy of social discourse.

Now I certainly appreciate you providing the link, but apparently you failed to understand my objection and being of limited intellectual application in your assessment, you thought I "literally" could not find this evidence, which either means you are obtuse, or deviously thinking that by providing such, you can be insulting.

On all counts though, you failed to attend to the point. Not a surprise, most progressives have this issue.
You made your objection something else all in your own by asserting it was the cause of political ideology good sir.

The OP most likely thought most people would have an understanding of this event already because it's topical and happened just last night and continued in to today with follow up tweets from the president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 12:39 PM

47,020 posts, read 26,088,934 times
Seems there is a sudden desire on some Trumpers' part to be very interested in steering this towards an argument over debate form, rather than the substance of Trump's idiotic tweets. Wonder why?

Old 06-05-2017, 12:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Newsflash. We aren't going to be PC any longer. It's been 7 months. You should know this by now.
You don't have to be PC, but you also don't have to be stupid. Mocking the Brits after a terror attack is very low.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:40 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,909,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
The lesson learned here is people lost in their own hubris are often more dangerous to open discussion than those willing to approach things openly without preconceived invention
You did not attend to the argument, you merely stroked your own ego.

Stay on target.

The issue was the OP NOT posting any support for their position. I asked for such and was ridiculed because I didn't do what they should have done as a matter of course.

These are the facts, the rest is progressives circling their brethren to protect the narrative.

Maybe you should simply accept they should have provided such and moved on. Instead, you are choosing to harass those who point out the facts.

This is typical politically driven behavior common of progressives.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:42 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,909,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Seems there is a sudden desire on some Trumpers' part to be very interested in steering this towards an argument over debate form, rather than the substance of Trump's idiotic tweets. Wonder why?
I made a simple factual argument, and what did you progressives do? You attacked.

Now you try to claim a nefarious purpose?

Devious to the very core is such actions.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:45 PM

47,020 posts, read 26,088,934 times
Quote:
I made a simple factual argument, and what did you progressives do? You attacked.

I never mentioned your name, but if the shoe fits... Anyway, you have had your hand held, you have been carefully guided to the tweets in question and you've presumably read the thread, so are you going to comment on the Tweets and the controversy they've caused?

Old 06-05-2017, 12:45 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,101,887 times
Quote:

You really need to get over yourself. This thread isn't about you, even though you have spent the last few pages attempting to make it so.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:48 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,469,543 times
Quote:
You did not attend to the argument, you merely stroked your own ego.

Stay on target.

The issue was the OP NOT posting any support for their position. I asked for such and was ridiculed because I didn't do what they should have done as a matter of course.

These are the facts, the rest is progressives circling their brethren to protect the narrative.

Maybe you should simply accept they should have provided such and moved on. Instead, you are choosing to harass those who point out the facts.

This is typical politically driven behavior common of progressives.
Well this would be primarily because I am not attempting to argue with you.

This is a thread with a spefic topic that is easily unclouded without the need of others.
You are either going to do it or continue to cry foul on everyone else for not servicing you the way you felt was appropriate.

It's your call.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:52 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,711,569 times
Quote:
Not a hand out. See.. these simple issues are what defines us.

You think me expecting the person who makes an argument to provide the evidence to support their argument is asking too much. That form of thinking is entitled, lazy, and irresponsible (the calling card of the typical progressive).

I think that if you make a claim, you should provide the evidence to support your claim, not expect everyone to run off and verify your claim. It is not simply a responsibility of one making an argument, it is a general courtesy of social discourse.

Now I certainly appreciate you providing the link, but apparently you failed to understand my objection and being of limited intellectual application in your assessment, you thought I "literally" could not find this evidence, which either means you are obtuse, or deviously thinking that by providing such, you can be insulting.

On all counts though, you failed to attend to the point. Not a surprise, most progressives have this issue.
While the OP did not include the tweet, since virtually anyone on the planet had already seen it at lord knows how many sources... you are correct that the person making the assertion should back their assertions up with sources. Perhaps everyone should take your advice, and remember to back up their claims in the future.

Thank you so much for the personal attack, when I was trying to help you get past your demand for information so that the conversation could move along. Care to back up your own assertion of my intentions, mental processes, and that "most progressives have this issue"? Y'know... since you are claiming that an assertion requires the one making the assertion to back up the claim.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:55 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,711,569 times
Quote:
Another lesson here people.

See, this is common for progressive ideology. Rather than take responsibility for their own position, they expect others to provide it for them. this poster does not see the issue of someone making a claim and not providing any evidence as being "lacking" or "failing" in their duties to properly establish their case. you see, this mentality permeates through progressive ideology as you are supposed to be responsible for them, they need only provide what they "feel" like providing and you are to cater to the rest. If they do not wish to put effort into the defense of their position, then you must not only defend their claim by providing all evidence they "mention", but the you also must provide your own proper rebuttal and support of evidence to counter them.

It is essential the lazy progressive argument, akin to the "I make a claim and provide no support, you disprove it!" stance many of them illogically take.

My point was to show how people swing in, make a claim, offer no support and expect everyone to do the leg work. The posters going on about how I "could" do such is not a proper argument to the fact that they are required to do such upon making an argument. It is the typical "blame the rape victim" type of mentality that permeates throughout the progressive community.
Again, back up your claim, since you are making such a big deal of it. So, once you have, we can move the conversation onward. Plz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies