Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2017, 01:44 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,067,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
He really needs to shut the hell up. We should be offering our support to our ally, not misquoting and deriding the mayor of their largest city.

I am completely disgusted by him. I hope the people of the UK know that he doesn't speak for most Americans.
Yes he does.
This is the same mayor who told the US congress we should get used to terror attacks, its the new normal

No it isn't and Trump is calling him out at every opportunity.
This what it looks like when the President doesn't lead from the rear.
This President puts America first.
President Trump doesn't apologize for being American.
We don't give 2 **** what Europe thinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 02:17 AM

3,461 posts, read 4,709,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
He's like a child realizing he's not the center of attention, and therefore pulling attention to himself no matter how negative it may be.

I'm really ashamed of how he has made the US look. It's deeply embarrassing.
I was thinking the exact same thing. He has the mentality of a total brat kid.."any attention is good attention"

Uggghhh, somebody PLEASE wake me up and tell me this is just a horrible, horrible nightmare.........please!

Old 06-06-2017, 04:36 AM

1,349 posts, read 664,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
BS. It wouldn't mean a thing to me. We've seen far too many attacks all over the West for it all to still be meaningful. It's the same thing each time, and attacks keep coming. What good does it do? What means something, or what should mean something, is to get serious about stopping these threats and attacks. May herself said they've been too tolerant. What will she do about it? I have no idea, not my problem or decision ultimately, but I can only hope she has a plan and isn't talking out of her a**. I'm just glad that she acknowledged what she did. That's the first step.

Are you sure it wouldnt mean anything to you?

If you ever were in the middle of a terror attack, which I certainly dont wish to you, when you had your door bell ring and ring, not enough bandages in stock, towels, or even a calm spirit to really help as much as you would want, do you truly think a major country leader and supposed ally mocking and berating you wouldnt mean anything? Just a few hours after, also. Maybe some thinking needs to be done. But in the very immediate aftermath of such a tragedy, it is shameful and disgusting to give in to such contempt. What is worse actually is people defending this. That your president is a narcissistic bully is open for anyone who wants to see. Ok,everyone gets that. But for some presumably good people to DEFEND that?

You should be ashamed.

And also, there is nothing wrong to changing one's mind. It is also often a sign of intelligence, to be able to re-examine oneself.

Last edited by personne; 06-06-2017 at 04:53 AM..

Old 06-06-2017, 04:41 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
He really needs to shut the hell up. We should be offering our support to our ally, not misquoting and deriding the mayor of their largest city.

I am completely disgusted by him. I hope the people of the UK know that he doesn't speak for most Americans.
He has been offering support!!! Where've you been?

I'm completely disgusted by you Leftists who seem not to know anything but can't stop posting this B.S.!

Old 06-06-2017, 04:42 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Good on Trump! We need someone to cut the bull crap instead of simply changing our facebook pics to a rainbow!
It's great to have a real President again, who stands up for America and American values.

Old 06-06-2017, 04:49 AM

1,349 posts, read 664,571 times
Another thing that bothers me very much is that when (not if, WHEN, and it saddens me to say it) usa is attacked, you will have alienated so many allies that you might very well stand alone.

I know already I won't support that. I know how you can be a great country, even in this mess.

But it is a situation that is more and more possible.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:01 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
The London mayor, Sadiq Khan, has called on the British government to cancel a planned state visit by Donald Trump after being criticised in two tweets by the US president.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...vel-ban-london

I don't think Trump should have said anything to him personally, but it looks like this Khan is pretty vindictive himself.

Theresa May appeared unwilling to be drawn into the row. She praised Khan’s response to the attack but refused to explicitly comment on the US president’s intervention.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:02 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The London mayor, Sadiq Khan, has called on the British government to cancel a planned state visit by Donald Trump after being criticised in two tweets by the US president.

I don't think Trump should have said anything to him personally, but it looks like this Khan is pretty vindictive himself.
It's not vindictive -- it just makes common sense.

How can they do the whole glad to see you mate thing when Trump has been such an ass.

They don't want him in the UK -- he should stay home and try to fix his budget, healthcare.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:05 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It's not vindictive -- it just makes common sense.

How can they do the whole glad to see you mate thing when Trump has been such an ass.

They don't want him in the UK -- he should stay home and try to fix his budget, healthcare.
Who are "they"?

It looks like

Theresa May appeared unwilling to be drawn into the row. She praised Khan’s response to the attack but refused to explicitly comment on the US president’s intervention.

Khan has called on the British government to cancel a planned state visit by Donald Trump after being criticised in two tweets by the US president.

lol Seriously?!

Old 06-06-2017, 05:13 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
He has been offering support!!! Where've you been?

I'm completely disgusted by you Leftists who seem not to know anything but can't stop posting this B.S.!
Go back and look at the tweets he made following the attack.

First he linked to drudge report.
Then he touted his Muslim ban.
He sent two tweets criticizing Khan.
He sent one tweet offering support.
He sent more tweets about his ban, which would have done nothing to stop the London attack.

When your ally is attacked, the appropriate response is the one the ambassador made - support. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies